Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimerawizard View Post
    rejuvenate the game
    They rejuvenated the game, and at the same time killed all of the content.
    (4)

not what they actually did, what all this is supposed to do for the game from here on out.
    SE does everything amazingly well until implimentation. then ... ya
    (1)

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    i like the idea about boosting empyrean weapons a bit, honestly they were created to casual players, ppl can spend 1 or 2 hours farming and camping Nms for this but i think just the 90 version should get Boost, if ppl comparate Relic and empyrean weapons about currency quantity and prices and HMP and cinders, you will find out supply on HNM, dross and cinders arent too good as dynamis currency, even if you comparate aleandrites/HNMS you will find there is more supplies for alex, ppl do salvage more often now dynamis currency dropping on price, around 5 each on my server, alex are 11k, and if you find HNM, 80k-100k, cinders going up for 2m each atm and dross 500k, SE just need give more incentives to ppl about VWs, atm is just place where empyrean items upgrade come and VW is dead now.

Yes i like the idea about boosting lv 90 weapons but this could cause problems when trading HMP for stage 95 or dross/cinders when doing 99 on ToM.
    (1)

Character
    Lottto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    It's like asking to buff lv75 relics because you're too lazy to make the next trials.
    Empyrean 90 (not even talking about 85s) are easy to obtain and that's why most of the people stopped there but it is not a "finished" weapon. Don't blame SE if YOU didn't decide to finish your weapons completely.

PS: Most of the empyreans 85 already sucked at 99 before the release of Adoulin.
    (8)

I'd just ask for a better way to get HMP's. VW is dead. Haven't seen a shout in a couple weeks.
    Unlike a relic, where you can solo and low man most everything up to ADL, there is no way to get to 95 low manning an empyrean. I guess you could sell currency, but I suspect relic upgraders will stop when they see the delve weapons and time involved. So that market will likely crash soon too.

I need 3000 HMP's for my two main emps. And likely the currency market and others will die and the new expansion doesn't really have a huge cash market unless you count selling shards as a good way to make money lol.
    (4)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    I'd just ask for a better way to get HMP's. VW is dead. Haven't seen a shout in a couple weeks.
    If SE upgraded the 90 versions of empys, VW would most certainly be dead. Not upgrading them is just about the only thing keeping VW alive right now.
    (2)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    In my opinion, the argument can be summed up with two statements and their outcomes.

Level 99 R/E/M holders: "I spent a significant amount of time creating a weapon. When I created it, I knew it would lie somewhere on a contiuum of weapon power - in my case, at the top. Delve weapons have made my weapon useless. I have therefore wasted my time. I would like this to be fixed."

Result: lv. 99 R/E/M proposed upgrades, which will require me to complete an as-of-yet unspecified task to restore my weapon to usefulness.

Lower level R/E/M holders: "I spent a significant amount of time creating a weapon. When I created it, I knew it would lie somewhere on a contiuum of weapon power - in my case, close to (but not at) the top. Delve weapons have made my weapon useless. I have therefore wasted my time. I would like this to be fixed."

Result: I must make a very significant expenditure of time and money before completing the same as-of-yet unspecified task to create a more powerful weapon. There is no option to restore my weapon to its old level of usefulness, which was my original requirement.

The compaints made by level 99 R/E/M holders can just as legitimately be made by those that hold lower tier weapons. No-one wants to lose the work they put into their weapons, which in all cases is significant - just to varying degrees. I think denying <lv99 weapon users the ability to restore their weapons to their original level of usefulness is simply unjustifiable. They made their <lv99 weapon knowing what they would get - something good, but not exceptional. SE has taken that away from them, and they have a right to want their weapon restored.

Weapon users with <lv99 weapons wouldn't get anything "free" from this adjustment - at least not anything more than lv99 weapon users will. They will still end up with an inferior weapon. However, they will end up with a weapon that is "as inferior" as they originally intended - which is the only reasonable outcome.

As for problems like "but level 80 players will have super-powerful weapons that outclass all others at level 80", just bash a latent effect for DMG on the weapon to activate at a more appropriate level. It's not difficult to find solutions to these issues.
    (7)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's amazing to me how many people feel like SE gave them a bait and switch. I run a Dynamis linkshell, and I've run it since way back in the old days. 2 days a week, every week for the past 6+ years, we gather up and work towards completing relic weapons for people. If one of my members complained that level 75 claustrum should be boosted to be competitive with the new staves, I would have to smack them and tell them "The game is moving on. Deal with it."

I honestly think its ridiculous that SE is going to update 99 RMEs even though I own a few myself and have helped in the creation of dozens more. It's little more than a tiny bit of appeasement to the players who have already quit. They're going to receive a one-time boost, then they're going to be left in the dust again. Asking for 75-95 weapons to be boosted is double-lazy. Too lazy to complete the original trials, too lazy to get new weapons from SoA.
    (5)

Character
    Brians
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    In my opinion, the argument can be summed up with two statements and their outcomes.

Level 99 R/E/M holders: "I spent a significant amount of time creating a weapon. When I created it, I knew it would lie somewhere on a contiuum of weapon power - in my case, at the top. Delve weapons have made my weapon useless. I have therefore wasted my time. I would like this to be fixed."

Result: lv. 99 R/E/M proposed upgrades, which will require me to complete an as-of-yet unspecified task to restore my weapon to usefulness.

Lower level R/E/M holders: "I spent a significant amount of time creating a weapon. When I created it, I knew it would lie somewhere on a contiuum of weapon power - in my case, close to (but not at) the top. Delve weapons have made my weapon useless. I have therefore wasted my time. I would like this to be fixed."

Result: I must make a very significant expenditure of time and money before completing the same as-of-yet unspecified task to create a more powerful weapon. There is no option to restore my weapon to its old level of usefulness, which was my original requirement.

The compaints made by level 99 R/E/M holders can just as legitimately be made by those that hold lower tier weapons. No-one wants to lose the work they put into their weapons, which in all cases is significant - just to varying degrees. I think denying <lv99 weapon users the ability to restore their weapons to their original level of usefulness is simply unjustifiable. They made their <lv99 weapon knowing what they would get - something good, but not exceptional. SE has taken that away from them, and they have a right to want their weapon restored.

Weapon users with <lv99 weapons wouldn't get anything "free" from this adjustment - at least not anything more than lv99 weapon users will. They will still end up with an inferior weapon. However, they will end up with a weapon that is "as inferior" as they originally intended - which is the only reasonable outcome.

As for problems like "but level 80 players will have super-powerful weapons that outclass all others at level 80", just bash a latent effect for DMG on the weapon to activate at a more appropriate level. It's not difficult to find solutions to these issues.
    Your logic is horribly flawed. First off, 99REM holders will have to do some trial(s) to upgrade their 99s damage, they aren't just being handed a crapton of damage. 95 and below is an INCOMPLETE WEAPON. Finish your goddamned weapon then complain about it being bad. You don't build a bike without a chain then complain that bikes suck because yours doesn't go as fast as someone that put a f*cking chain on theirs.

Why shouldn't you have to do what I, and thousands of others, have done several times to be competitive with me/us?

Also saying it's stupid for SE to update REMs is the words of a true fool. REMs were offered as the cream of the crop and talk a lot longer to obtain than any typical weapon. In a game like FFXI there's supposed to by an effort to reward ratio. New adoulin weapons for the most part are easy as hell to obtain. The delve bosses are already being curb stomped by the complex formula of THROW MORE RANGERS AT IT GUYS.

Those weapons' effort values don't even warrant them being nearly as good as REM weapons. Each 75 relic made requires more man hours to make than any single delve boss drop, and 99ing a Relic takes more than twice that effort on my server. A 99 relic takes over 100% more effort to obtain than a delve weapon, and you think it's lazy to ask for an update to them? GTFO.
    (4)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    We're in vertical progression mode. If we want to drag our RMEs with us from now until the end of time, RMEs are going to require an update every time SE releases the next step up. If we do that, half of SE's development budget is going to be invested into making sure RMEs stay astride the new gear. We complain that updates lack compelling new content, and then we demand that they spend their resources on making sure nothing changes in the game. Doomcriers write their own self-fulfilling prophecy.
    (1)

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast