Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I gotta call BS on this. Anyone who uses a computer for work spends 99.99% of their time in desktop apps and files that can be pinned to the task bar. Anyone who spends more than about 10 seconds a day looking at the start menu or start screen is doing their job wrong and either needs to be retrained or replaced.
    Again someone who missed the point. There where many factors. I only listed one or two in my examples. I didn't go into detail about everything nor did I wish to. It's clearly for another topic that would go beyond this discussion so I left things out.

The whole point was to show that mistakes can and do hurt anyone. They can even affect huge developers who could use $100 bills to wipe their rears. BS or not the point is there and the company in question even responded publicly by adapting.

You want proof of this? Merely look at what happened to FFXIV. There was so much hate for the time based limitation that they removed that system on top of that the game was such a train wreck for reviews they puled it to create reborn. Just look at the markets they lost a log of cash recently so much that their Ceo resigned.

The developers could do better if they sucked up some pride and went back to what players liked the most. They started making things really hardcore because some people ate through content to fast.

The EMPS weren't really that bad until about 90. Where others like mythic and relic had the hardest stages early in development EMPS where feasible before they hit final stages. I assume this is because they where updated as player caps where raised where old content was originally designed to grow purely for level 75. These needed less useful stages because they where never initially designed to grow past 75.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 06-10-2013 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Added a few things.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    Again someone who missed the point...
    I don't disagree with your points about the game, but start menu was a bad example. It actually supports the idea that companies shouldn't listen to their customers because they will come around eventually anyways (remember that customers hated the start menu when it was initially added and now they can't seem to live without it).

I agree that companies should listen to customers when they have valid complaints. Especially when the product is a game and not a tool like windows.

IMO: The weapons should scale the same way they did before the update, with each stage being just slightly better than the last. Not stage 75-95 worthless and stage 99 god like.
    (0)

Player
    I think this will all blow over once SE implements a display for their true level...
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I haven't used windows 8 yet. If there's no Start Menu, then how do you "run" things? (I.E. start -> run)
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    I haven't used windows 8 yet. If there's no Start Menu, then how do you "run" things? (I.E. start -> run)
    Clicking in the bottom left of the screen pulls up the "Start Screen". Basically they made the start menu a full screen app instead of a pop out and implemented live tiles that show information on the specific apps. IE. instead of a little icon that says "Email", you see a square tile that says email and shows how many unread messages you have so that you know without opening the email app whether or not you have new messages. The "facebook" tile might show how many posts have been made since you last checked or the first line of a message that someone sent you.

It's really all geared towards people who run windows on a tablet and want to see basic info at a glance. For people on desktop / laptop computers, you can pin apps to the taskbar or desktop etc. and never really have to go into that "menu". There are also about a million apps out there that make the whole thing look / function pretty much exactly like windows 7.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I expect S-E to reach out and do for level 95 RME owners what they historically did for stage 4 relic owners when these Magian Trial upgrades first came out to begin with: not a damn thing.

You either finish it, or it's a complete waste of your time. RME's have always been that way. RME's will always be that way. RME's were designed to be that way.
    (2)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    RME's have always been that way. RME's will always be that way. RME's were designed to be that way.
    Have you been playing the same game? unfinished RME were not far behind the finished ones for almost the entire time they have existed. That only changed with delve weapons and the crapstorm that followed. we are now talking about a difference of like 100 damage vs roughly 10-20 damage pre adoulin. The difference in what kind of content you could do with a 95 and a 99 relic pre adoulin was virtually nothing. After they update these, it will be staggering.
    (1)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 06-11-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Clicking in the bottom left of the screen pulls up the "Start Screen". Basically they made the start menu a full screen app instead of a pop out and implemented live tiles that show information on the specific apps. IE. instead of a little icon that says "Email", you see a square tile that says email and shows how many unread messages you have so that you know without opening the email app whether or not you have new messages. The "facebook" tile might show how many posts have been made since you last checked or the first line of a message that someone sent you.

It's really all geared towards people who run windows on a tablet and want to see basic info at a glance. For people on desktop / laptop computers, you can pin apps to the taskbar or desktop etc. and never really have to go into that "menu". There are also about a million apps out there that make the whole thing look / function pretty much exactly like windows 7.

So how do you start -> run then? Is there a run app?
    (0)
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.

LOGIC.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    So how do you start -> run then? Is there a run app?
    Yeah. You can add the run function to the start menu just like you did in windows 7.

All of the tiles can be organized in whatever way you see fit and re-sized to show more / less info or take up more / less space. It's basically a giant start menu. The main beef seems to be that it is ugly, but they are making the BG fully customizable soon too, so it can look just like the desktop if that's your thing.

Like I said though, you can pin pretty much anything to the desktop / task bar making this menu pretty unnecessary at all if you prefer not to use it.

First thing I usually do on a new computer is go to www.ninite.com (after installing a fresh OS over the factory install) and install all the cool free stuff in one shot from there. One of the programs is called "Classic Start". It gives you a fully customizeable start menu that looks / functions just like the old one.
    (0)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 06-12-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I never used windows 7 either (looking to upgrade my vista box soon.) I do have to say that the tiles looks like a huge waste of effort for me, since I only have a few icons on the desktop and in the start menu anyway. Whatever I can't start -> run I just navigate to the folder and run it that way.
    (0)

LOGIC.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast