Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

95 And Below RME Weapons

After reading the proposed adjustments and finding out that only the 99-iterations of RME's will be boosted to compete viably with the new Delve weapons, I must say I'm a little worried. These weapons take time to get and not everyone can take them to 99 (especially in the case of empyrean weapons). So if one has a level 85 or 90 empyrean, it's just gonna be the end of the line for us?

I wield an Almace-90 and I love the thing. I obviously don't expect the damage to receive a boost to equal to that which the 99-variants are receiving, but it would be very nice if it received at least some boost (making the Base Damage somewhere from 90~100 would be nice). Also, if weapons that are 95 and below are not to receive this boost, will there be plans to make it easier to upgrade them?
    (16)

I disagree, it's the strongest tier weapon available for lv90 players still, it has no need to be enhanced. If you want it stronger, save your hmps and riftdross/cinder and upgrade the weapon.
    (21)

Character
    Alistaire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimerawizard View Post
    I disagree, it's the strongest tier weapon available for lv90 players still, it has no need to be enhanced. If you want it stronger, save your hmps and riftdross/cinder and upgrade the weapon.
    Such a ridiculous response. So you think that, for example, Almace 95 being DMG:66 and Almace 99 being DMG:121 makes any kind of sense?

Nobody's asking for the max DMG on these starting @ lvl 85. Or even for it to scale in a linear fashion. But to say that 85-95 empys (and to a lesser extent, relics) shouldn't get any boost at all is just...well, ridiculous.

Edit: And because the original thread is closed I'll say this for myself here. The reason, at least for myself, in regards to 85-95 weapons, why I never commented on the thread saying to be sure those got boosted as well, is simply because it was such an asinine thought to consider they would make weapons jump to nearly double their base DMG in some cases from 95-99, so to me it was "obvious" they were considering boosting those all along.

I was telling people who asked me the same thing, don't worry, SE didn't say they're only boosting lvl 99 versions (after the first post with the 3 sword examples), because as far as the wording in that post, they didn't. They only gave examples.

Honestly, as far as it goes I care very little about my own involvement over 1 empyrean that probably won't ever be 99...it really is just for the sake of reason that I say the lower levels should at least scale up to some extent.

And as far as my own involvement goes, I sell a fair amount of HMP so I'd be glad for this development in terms of personal gain...but still disagree with it on the basis of principle.
    (9)
    Last edited by Alistaire; 05-23-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    And as far as my own involvement goes, I sell a fair amount of HMP so I'd be glad for this development in terms of personal gain...but still disagree with it on the basis of principle.
    Hey, if they only boost 99, I'll be glad to take those heavy metal plates off your hands free of charge. Regardless, I agree. I think there needs to be some boosting considering that all these weapons are a time commitment and some are harder than others. Furthermore, as for the shields, I think there should be a block rate boost considering that block rate varies based on physical level.

Perhaps giving us scaling mechanisms that scale horizontally rather than vertically (as Trial of the Magians does) at each level. That way, everyone would get the chance to do some work for a damage and stat upgrade. I suppose when content levels become integrated onto gear, this could be balanced further by making the the equip level 99 after completing scaling with an equip level 90 weapon.
    (1)

Player
    Such a ridiculous response. So you think that, for example, Almace 95 being DMG:66 and Almace 99 being DMG:121 makes any kind of sense?
    Well that's honesty a silly question too, does this make any sense?

|
    |
    V

Its basically the same kind of upgrade, except they are both level 99, both look the same, both have very similar stats, same jobs, and come from the same new unique race of mobs. Its easy to see SE does not care about true balance any more in my opinion from this, because the only real way to make it not look stupid is to nerf the new stuff, which they will not do, so oh well. Unless they nerf the new weapons the game will have this insane jump in DMG at the end, that, or they have to go back through the entire game and rebalance every single thing to lead up to this point, which is stupid. So at this point I suggest you get used to the large gap, because as much as I hate the large gap in damage it seems like its here to stay.
    (6)

Character
    Alistaire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Considering the difference in difficulty between the 2 mobs that drop those swords, yes it makes perfect sense.
    (3)

Player
    Considering the difference in difficulty between the 2 mobs that drop those swords, yes it makes perfect sense.
    There is a large difference in difficulty between getting a 90 and 99 Almace as well, that is why not everyone has one, yourself included as you said yours is 90, am I wrong?
    (8)

Character
    Alistaire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    There is a large difference in difficulty between getting a 90 and 99 Almace as well, that is why not everyone has one, yourself included as you said yours is 90, am I wrong?
    So, let me spell this out...current system for lvl 85/90/95/99 Almace has DMG: 57/61/66/70.

SE says "ok we'll boost r/m/e"...but only @ 99. Post adjustment DMG: 57/61/66/121. Do you have any idea the price hike that will cause with riftcinders?

...and then you counter with "well a sword dropped by a mob with no time limit or participant limit that can be beaten by pickup groups full of scrubs is lower damage than the same model sword dropped by a mob in a zone with 18-person/45- minute limits where you also have to kill 2 other nms so that's the same thing"

Not the same comparison at all. How you can possibly fail to see that is just amazing.
    (5)

Player
    So, let me spell this out...current system for lvl 85/90/95/99 Almace has DMG: 57/61/66/70.

SE says "ok we'll boost r/m/e"...but only @ 99. Post adjustment DMG: 57/61/66/121. Do you have any idea the price hike that will cause with riftcinders?

...and then you counter with "well a sword dropped by a mob with no time limit or participant limit that can be beaten by pickup groups full of scrubs is lower damage than the same model sword dropped by a mob in a zone with 18-person/45- minute limits where you also have to kill 2 other nms so that's the same thing"

Not the same comparison at all. How you can possibly fail to see that is just amazing.
    You are talking about 2 levels of the same sword as I am comparing it to the same type of thing. So you think that Cinders will spike in price, ok, and? That's not fair? Its going to be one of the most powerful weapons in the game, they take some time and effort, making the 90 version more powerful will not change that, it will just make RMEs at level 90 even more important over any other weapon at level 90. Think about what you are asking for a second, you want a 90 Almace with what? 95 DMG? So what happens to every other sword in the game at and above that level with lower damage? Trashed. We have had to deal with RME only shouts for a long time with their differences in damage being enough to be noticed but not enough to completely ignore those without them, with the change you are asking for a level 90 Emp would tower over every other weapon in the game that is not a Delve weapon or RME, making that exclusion of players even more justified and making it all the more important for people to be forced into making these weapons. I know a lot of friends that have been excluded from content when they only had an OAT GA or PA, or only a STR path weapon, these people would be even worse off once a level 90 Emp has more than 50% DMG on top of the WS and its mod stats.

You are only looking at yourself, the prices of things, not taking into account how this would effect non-RME players one bit. Now before its said I would have no idea about any of this, or I say it because I never made one, I have Almace and Excalibur with a fake Ukon and tons of experience with jobs as well as an OAT GS, I know the reaction people give when you say you have no RME even in the case of the OAT GS which is better than a Caladbolg. What you are asking for will only make it all the more important to have those weapons, and will make it once again to the point they are the only weapons worth having, except now there are the Delve weapons to go along with them, so it is down to this, do Delve, make a RME, or do not do any of the content designed for 90+ players besides Abyssea, or make your own groups so you can not be forcibly excluded due to your weapon.

How people can fail to see how these types of changes will and have already effected non-RME or casual players is astounding, and insulting. Making them stronger by back tracking them through the earlier versions will only make the problem even worse. Right now you can not expect everyone to have a 99 RME, its unrealistic, but 90? 85? People have expected that of people for more than a year now, and by making those weapons stand out above every AH option, every other trial, the Coin weapons, and any other non-RME, non-Adoulin weapon, you are only making the problem worse for people.

I know what Matsui said, and I know what he plans to do, and I still contend they should simply nerf the new weapons to be in line, if you want to boost RMEs a bit more, do it, but unless they do something about every other weapon in the game the balance of the game was just massively upset and for now it looks like it is going to remain that way. If you do not like that RMEs under 99 are going to become much weaker, think of those people who made Fire trial weapons, OAT weapons, TP bonus weapons, spent thousands of kills in VW for Pulse weapons, all of those R/EX weapons like yours that are all now in the same exact position, you are not alone, and in fact, by trying to get your weapon boosted you are making all of their weapons even worse, because the average damage on a weapon expected of someone will rise significantly.
    (8)

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I spent an unusual amount of time getting a single item, and now I'm upset because I never finished it... because, even though I knew exactly what the item's stats were when I made it, I'm upset now because those who finished it got something new. I'm still perfectly capable of doing the exact same thing the others did to finish the item, but I don't want to. Therefore, I demand that you give me new things too, because that seems fair to me.
    (15)

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast