Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 156
  1. #11
    Player Sephiran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    106
    Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Well that's honesty a silly question too, does this make any sense?

    I hate the large gap in damage it seems like its here to stay.
    Not if people speak up and kindly request that SE consider that people who don't have 99's will be left in the dust.
    (3)

  2. #12
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    We had to have a large community uproar with many people quitting before they went back to reevaluate their plans on RME weapons, I doubt asking them nicely to help out those less fortunate players is going to work. Remember, Matsui thinks just because he asked we have hardcore EG players inviting casual lesser geared players, that they will actually do it, which is insane.
    (4)

  3. #13
    Player Sephiran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    106
    Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    We had to have a large community uproar with many people quitting before they went back to reevaluate their plans on RME weapons, I doubt asking them nicely to help out those less fortunate players is going to work. Remember, Matsui thinks just because he asked we have hardcore EG players inviting casual lesser geared players, that they will actually do it, which is insane.
    True, but can we both agree that non-99 weapons should get at least some boost? Even if it puts them out in the middle of no-man's land (neither top notch Delve weapons nor content level 99), I would still be grateful. I'll be building an Excalibur soon to rectify this problem (actually has more to do with me wanting to have all the reasonable weapons for the job I play exclusively).
    (0)

  4. #14
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    I agree and disagree, my opinion is not that they should not change these weapons or anything like that, its that the new items should not have been added and the DMG balance should never have been upset in the first place. So while I agree they should give them a boost, I disagree that anything should get a boost at all, I think they should just get nerfed to reasonable levels.
    (2)

  5. #15
    Player Sephiran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    106
    Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I think they should just get nerfed to reasonable levels.
    While you have a good point, the majority of playerbase doesn't take kindly to nerfing things. Sadly, that would be how you would fix this situation. I really think that more thought should have gone into the might of these weapons; however, a nerf will anger too many people. It's also likely that the devs want to help us combat the level differences of enemies in Adoulin. Then again, I already said that shielding and other defensive skills need fixing in another thread. It does come down to a matter of balance and can be fixed in a variety of ways.

    I know I'll get flamed for this, but a nerf may be very well be in order. The reason being that Voidwatch weapons will also be obsoleted along with many other great pieces.
    (0)

  6. #16
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiran View Post
    I know I'll get flamed for this, but a nerf may be very well be in order. The reason being that Voidwatch weapons will also be obsoleted along with many other great pieces.
    Exactly, I mean I agree, if they will do nothing to reverse this mistake then they should boost the other weapons, but in that case in all honesty I do not want them to boost just a few, but all of the weapons, which I know is unreasonable, but without boosting them all you are damning every weapon which is not boosted but takes any real amount of effort, to being worthless. So like I said, I agree they need boosted, but at the same time, I wish the new ones were just nerfed because it would have a more wide spread effect on repairing balance in this games weapons, either one solves the problem, just one only effects some weapons, and the other would fix them all, which is preferred. I think you seem to get my reasoning though so no real need to explain further, just want people to understand if they read all this why it is destructive that this change in DMG is allowed to remain.
    (0)

  7. #17
    Player BigPapaBlueJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    103
    Character
    Squabble
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Lv90 weapons have been garbage for quite some time; there is no need to change them. If players want to improve their damage, then do so before complaining.

    Getting a Lv99 Empyrean, Relic or Mythic isn't terribly difficult, it just requires the effort you are squandering to complain.
    (4)

  8. #18
    Player Riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Carbuncle - Windurst
    Posts
    143
    Character
    Riggs
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    the way i see it the effort / cost to upgrade from 95 to 99 is massive, so after spending 150 mil to get a relic we are also supposed to spend another 75 mil to get it from 95 to 99 so se can let us upgrade it to be an average weapon??? the way i see it se have made every weapon 95 or lower worthless
    (2)

  9. #19
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    The way i see it se have made every weapon 95 or lower worthless
    No matter what they do to any level of RME, that is going to be the case.
    (0)

  10. #20
    Player Chimerawizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    148
    The way I see it. They wanted to make the game difficult without it being complete KILL IT BEFORE YOU DIE.
    They added weapons that were off the charts so fights could still be done quickly on repeat but would take close to the max time to do it the first time. They added armor with insane DEF compared to previous equips and for some jobs, really nice stats.

    I know this is probably unpopular, but it is kind of needed if they want to rejuvenate the game and not just continue giving sidegrades endlessly. (they should have forseen the problems their new weapons would cause and created a path for enhancement at the same time they released the new weapons)
    (0)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread