Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1

Unshackle Old Content Already!

Yes, nothing new here, but it hasn't been said in a while.

Conquest Activities
    Keeping level caps on most of the battles involved in Expeditionary Force and Garrison doesn't make sense any more. Nobody lingers at those low levels any more, and the "double EXP weekends" you had a few months back seem to be an acknowledgement of that. On top of that, both Garrison and Expeditionary Force are already uncapped in Vollbow, and players are already able to take part in Expeditionary Force in any region without dealing with level caps by simply popping treasure chests and coffers (something that nowadays needs a high-level player, thanks to new monster placements...)
    Assaults and Mercenary Rank
    I can wrap my head around the logic of having a cap on the number of Assault ID tags available at any time, but the end result is that those tags are hardly ever used on anything but Nyzul Isle. Again, nobody lingers at levels 50-70 any more, so players gain more by reaching floor 100 for their mythic weapon skill than they do advancing through mercenary rank (something that was of dubious value already). So if you won't establish separate tags for Nyzul and other Assults, then at least make ranking up easier: give players a full 5 points towards their rank for any win, regardless if the player had won the Assault previously, at least outside of Nyzul. Granting only 1 point for such repeats actually discourages players from assisting lower-ranked players, since they're better off saving their tags for something at their own rank.
    EDIT: And let players participate in another nation's Expeditionary Force without having to change allegiance. Players are already routinely asked to bear another nation's flag in Ballista, why not this?
    (56)
    Last edited by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo; 05-22-2013 at 06:28 AM.
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I support this. I wish they would go back and examine all the old content and adjust/remove it as necessary.

It's hard enough to find people to do assaults with, and with the progression towards captain slow, its quite discouraging.
    (5)

Like I have said before, I believe Assault, as well as old Nyzul isle should be on tags that are separate from the tags used for NNI.

Or even better, old Nyzul should just be accessable as often as you want,or at least 3 times every single day.
    (12)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    While it seems silly to cap the number of tags that a player can hold now, I'd really like to see the three-player minimum removed from Assault and Salvage. I'd make farming a lot easier.
    (15)

Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    I never really understood why they tied Nyzul 2 and Salvage 2 to the assault tag system when they knew it was already overburdened as it was. People are complaining about the current system? Let's make it more complicated!

If they want to make a tiered content system, would it really kill them to remove some of the hurdles for old content? So much old content is shackled to terrible drop rates, lottery NMs, and other hoops to entry.
    (7)

Character
    Lottto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Might also be the time to cancel the 3 people requirement, it's almost impossible to find anyone interested in those events anymore.
    (3)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Relaxing these requirements, much like the old Dynamis ones? With Adoulin and Delve being the dominant endgame...it's about time to adjust older content for more access time.
    (3)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Yeah. Dynamis was made more accessible. Why can't old Nyzul, assault and old salvage be more easily accessible too? I say it again: Three oldnyzul/assault tags per day, up to a maximum stored of 9 (plus 1 on you). New nyzul can be on its own tags.

Or, just don't require tags for assault and old NI, because there's hardly any risk of hundreds of players suddenly wanting to do that content simultaneously.
    (5)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    While it seems silly to cap the number of tags that a player can hold now, I'd really like to see the three-player minimum removed from Assault and Salvage. I'd make farming a lot easier.
    THIS......
    (8)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Empty Notorious Monsters, Imperial Standing Notorious Monsters, Eco-Warrior... about the only thing I can think of where mandatory level caps still make some sense is the Beastmen's Seal fight "Up In Arms," and only because the number of players who'd flock to Waughroon Shrine once the level cap is removed would crash the servers. Everywhere else, the effort required to win far outbalances the rewards given.

The low-level gear has no use outside of events with low level caps, creating a circular relationship. By the time players are equipped to even think about getting on that cycle, they're already too high a level to make any use of the rewards.
    (2)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast