Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tagii
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 55

Make FFXI Free to play!

I know it's gonna be people who disagree with this but I'll be honest.
    The game is 11 years + old, it has been very fun game until now. There are hardly people left who play all the friends you played with over there. I play mostly EU time and there are hardly people anymore now.

People are unhappy on the new expansion that has given the game a little hope to hang on.
    But it is not worth the price o play anymore. XIV is coming out soon and it will be better the only few players who will be left in the XI all solo boxing players.

Then I can well understand that the server won't hold well for over 10,000 players a server as it would safely put down on a ps2.
    But seriously who plays on a ps2 today? I did that, but no longer is because it is so limited.

I think XI has been among the best games online because of a good social game good community, but it has begun to die out very much.
    Many will never experience the XI as it was the right at the beginning and before raised cap above 75+, but this game has fallen away and today everything is solo everything can be done yourself most of the time anyway.
    I think SE should look at his game and think about what we'll do with XI?
    Personally I think they should do that guild wars buy the game, and play as much as you want.

Assemble all server to one or two and do something for getting people to stay there.
    I promise it will die out soon.
    (11)
    Last edited by Tagihi; 05-22-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Character
    Peacewalker
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    (9)

Player
    The day this game goes pay 2 win is the day i quit.
    (24)

XI made/makes them the most money, they'll lose far more people than they'd bring in forcing us to pay for everything. You enjoy going into Einherjar only paying gil? You enjoy..any content using in-game means? You better get ready to break out your wallet to do those things you used to do for free.
    (6)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    They could make a new server or 2 free to play with DLC.
    (0)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Free to play up to level 90, and only Zilart and CoP content would be cool to get new players into the game or just to experience the game it's self.
    (3)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    how about no? how about just getting rid of the POS console system that has been obsolete for the past 8 years? if they would drop the ps2 and work on the graphics a little the game would get a boost. honestly I dont care about FFXIV I tried it once and it sucked horribly, I will not be returning. meanwhile I have been playing XI for ten years now and if they put some effort into revamping the graphics and put some new commercials out (instead of wasting money down the sinkhole XIV has become) I really think this game could get back on top.

free to play for this is a bad idea, drop the crap console revamp the games graphics and put everything out in a MASSIVE Update Package that costs $30 along with all the expansions and see how many people come to it.

hell some music and voice acting wouldnt hurt either.

what Im saying is there are a lot of problems with FFXI, but paying to PLAY isnt one of them.
    (8)

new graphics and such won't do jack to pull in and/or keep players if they don't fix fundamental flaws first.

So much is just out of whack now with various game elements, they need the revenues from subs to fix it...provided they actually will pump those profits back into XI and not other projects.

Not sure the typical F2P models out there will work with this game. It could potentially take too much away from what keeps people playing for the long haul....not to mention the impact it would have on future content additions. Quality has already been on a downward slope for quite a long time,even with all the revenues this game generates for them.
    (3)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The first 3 posts look just like the first 3 posts the last time this thread was made.
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    worst idea ever. This would send the game further down the crapper, not make things better.
    (7)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast