Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

I'm been harassed by a gm in game

Hi there may i ask why i am been stalked and harassed by one of your staff ?

I sometimes decide to fish i enjoy it, it's a good passtime of mine in the game and i own a ebisu fishing rod and sometimes i fish up in the glacier.

Last week i was stopped rather rudely by one of your staff who asked me to turn out and talk to him, which i did so without any incident, fast forward to today i log into game after a long day at work and im still in the fishing spot from last night, i goto make a cup of tea and return to see a gm standing behind me, bearing in mind im not fishing and there is a host of other people fishing away.

I don't move and i just sit and watch him for around fifteen minutes he is directly behind me waiting for me to fish at which point i turn around and ask him why he is harassing me for two weeks now, he disappears and doesn't even give me generic reply.

So se tell me why the hell did you make a craft in the game, and then decide to bother the people who take it up ? I don't see anyone getting gms bothering them when they are sitting making sole sushi in Bastok.

A really unhappy customer.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    What harassment? The GM was probably scanning for fishbots, so it's not surprising to see him several times when both times you are fishing surrounded by fishbots. Not like you were told to go fish in Mordion Gaol.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Being contacted two times over a course of two weeks doesn't really count as harassment.
    (1)

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    He singled me out both times and no one else, how is that not harassment ? I wasn't even fishing i was making a drink and i came back to my screen to see him standing watch me doing nothing, while people up and down the coast were fishing.

Of course it's harasment.
    (1)

How do you know he singled you out? Have you been logged on 24/7? He could have monitored a lot of people in addition to you.

Of course it isn't definitely harassment.
    (0)

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You don't know that he sent tells to the other fishers in the area. Was probably investigating everyone in your zone.
    (0)

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    He stood behind me only then left the zone, once he got done talking to me, i know this because i was trying to send him tells, i then asked several other people i know who fish up there and they all said they got no tells, same as last time.

Maybe he spoke to other people than the ones i asked but it just seems funny.

I'm aware some people bot when fishing as do some people when skilling up a craft, but as i was standing there neither fishing nor moving and he just waits for me, and doesn't bother anyone else why wouldn't i take this as anything but harassment not just once but two times and god knows how many more to come in the furture.
    (1)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    He's also probably going in alphabetical order, and possibly filtering by region, hence why you may not see him with anyone else - other people he is checking may be out of your line of site, not to mention people you don't know.

Like the others, this isn't harassment, this is looking for botters.
    (0)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Well as he knows im not botting he has checked me twice lets hope he stops asking me! We shall see.
    (0)

Hello Direct!

Thank you for bringing your concern about the GM team to our attention. I am currently reviewing the matter to ensure my GM was following our procedures on absentee play investigations, which is what he was doing when you saw him.

Due to recent customer feedback regarding absentee play, we have created procedures to address those concerns and increase our investigations into that type of behavior. Certain places in the game have been reported as areas of particular concern, so an increased GM presence may be more noticeable. Should one of our GMs contact anyone through /tell, please comply with their wishes as we are trying to ensure our customers are present and at the keyboard while playing.

I am sure people are concerned over being questioned while playing, but you can be sure there are criteria in place which our team looks for before performing the tests; we should not contact you unless you are actively engaged in the game, such as casting your line to fish or casting the same series of spells in a row to increase skill. If you are away from the keyboard, simply bazaaring for example, that is fine as you are not actively partaking in any activity.

We understand that players fish and skill up their spells for different reasons, so if you respond to our contacts, you should not have anything to fear.

As always, if you feel our GMs are not performing their tasks properly, you are free to request a Senior GM, the direct Supervisors of the GM Team, and we will gladly talk with you while in game. We appreciate hearing about all of your concerns and are more than happy to investigate them.

Thank you,

Senior Game Master Jhanaka
    (1)