Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shield Design Contest Discussion Thread

Please post in this thread to hold discussions and ask questions related to the Shield Design Contest.

Also please see the following for the contest rules and guidelines.
    (3)
    Gildrein - Community Team

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Just making sure, are we only allowed to design a shield in the specific shape provided? I assume the purpose of limiting us strictly is so that the actual item will be able to fit on character models, but I'm wondering if I could, say, trim the edges a different way as long as it still fits within the grey area, or make a circular shield, etc.

Do we have to do one of each A and B (Both the blank + wireframe) or are we supposed to just do one?

Thanks!
    (2)

Man, I could draw you up a shield that'd make your head spin, But I ain't to good with Editing Templates and such ... Guess i'll try to give it a shot when I get home... Looks interesting to say the least though... Really wanna try but i think the .datmodding community probably has 10,000x Experience on me
    (2)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    knowthatfeel.jpg

I've never modded dats before but it's a pretty small area so you can at least try working one pixel at a time, of course! Get to work!
    (0)

Player
    You contest rules say 1 entry per person, is this rule real this time or is it going to be like every contest where I am excluded since my wife and I share a security token? We are 2 people with separate PlayOnline IDs (2 paid accounts,) yet every time we enter the contests, you guys always exclude me and I don't even get the participation prize that EVERYONE is supposed to get. So I ask, are the rules as they are written, or you guys gonna rob me of another contest entry?
    (1)

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Apie View Post
    You contest rules say 1 entry per person, is this rule real this time or is it going to be like every contest where I am excluded since my wife and I share a security token? We are 2 people with separate PlayOnline IDs (2 paid accounts,) yet every time we enter the contests, you guys always exclude me and I don't even get the participation prize that EVERYONE is supposed to get. So I ask, are the rules as they are written, or you guys gonna rob me of another contest entry?
    every contest ends up as one entry per SQEX ID..
    (2)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quick, someone call Kingfury!
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Wooo I'm sooo stoked for this competition, I already have 3 different shield drafts ready to go!
    Curious to see everyone's entries after they pick the winners!

Quote Originally Posted by Apie View Post
    -snip-
    Wow you don't stop do you? Hate to be blunt but I really don't think they care. It's your own fault for registering both POL accounts to the same SE account. Stop blaming SE for your lack of willing to read terms of service agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    every contest ends up as one entry per SQEX ID..
    This. I take it reading isn't your forte Apie.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    -snip-
    No idea what dat modding has to do with this contest, stop being so self-defeatist! GL to you
    (0)
    Last edited by JackDaniels; 05-17-2013 at 04:47 AM.

===========Don't make me kick your butt into next Watersday!===========

No idea what dat modding has to do with this contest, stop being so self-defeatist! GL to you
    Just mean to say people with .Datmodding experience or .dat editing (You know, Cool armor and such) have a lot of experience in these programs that they'd use to design such things! Like, Have you seen the "Imperial Rose" shield .dat? sh*ts bonkers awesome
    (1)

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Just mean to say people with .Datmodding experience or .dat editing (You know, Cool armor and such) have a lot of experience in these programs that they'd use to design such things! Like, Have you seen the "Imperial Rose" shield .dat? sh*ts bonkers awesome
    They say in the OP that they will possibly edit our image, so if it's really cool but not possible to make into armor, they will alter it accordingly. I'd sooner put my money on a graphic designer winning over a dat modder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Just making sure, are we only allowed to design a shield in the specific shape provided? I assume the purpose of limiting us strictly is so that the actual item will be able to fit on character models, but I'm wondering if I could, say, trim the edges a different way as long as it still fits within the grey area, or make a circular shield, etc.

Do we have to do one of each A and B (Both the blank + wireframe) or are we supposed to just do one?
    Yes I'd like to know if it has to be this shape, the tabs on the top corners are kind of awkward to work with.

In regards to the wire frame, I think it's just there to give us an idea what the three dimensions are going to be.
    (0)

===========Don't make me kick your butt into next Watersday!===========

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast