Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

5 minute timer after events

what's the point of the 5 minute timer at the end of an event such as delve, when items are still lost due to teleporting out at the same time they should have dropped?

we did delve:
    5 weapons in pool. one member was away and did not pass.
    the timer changed to 5 the moment the items went in.
    because the timer counted down, and because the loot pool follows old dynamis rules (anyone in zone participates, in or out of party) of the five weapons that were in pool, one dropped, to the party leader. the rest trashed since people were out of the zone the moment they dropped.

Why isn't this timer 5:10, 5:30 or even 6 minutes to compensate completely for the treasure pool clearing?
    (2)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The point is to give time to lot/pass, not necessarily account for AFKers.

It's probably something that should get adjusted out of kindness though, cuz I'm sure another 30 seconds wouldn't hurt anything.
    (1)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I know how you feel. Went to a PUG delve and someone die and instead of HP'ing they just went AFK to screw ppl over their lot. I lost an Airlixir +1 in that PUG. It's unfortunate that crappy players like that exists (just like those other crappy players that didn't even have zone access for a Delve and took 45min+ to get there and the lead refuses to replace them).

The only thing that you can do:
    1. If it's a PUG, add those players to your Do Not Invite or Warn Lead list.
    2. If it's your own LS, time to re-educate your LS-mates about the old Dynamis last 3 min rules.
    (0)