Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bboydastyck
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

This game has been ruined...

I'm sorry to say but this game has become very boring and almost pointless. So many things that we had back before Abyssea are not around anymore such as a simple 6 man group when leveling up. Now all there is to do is GoV and spend tons of hours in 2 different zones until you go to Abyssea and jump up to the 90s. I have tried to level up several jobs i KNOW i would have enjoyed leveling up in a group but now i cant even experience this. A good example is leveling my Paladin, im sitting in GoV as a DD not learning how to play my class and feeling like my job is just a title and nothing more.

Ive been playing this game since release off and on and it has changed to the point that I am disappointed more than having fun and i was obsessed with this game.

Dont get me wrong Abyssea and GoV were great ideas and allow players to enjoy the later levels more but whats the point of lv10-98, nothing really. I really did enjoy both of these added features but because of them FFXI will never be the same and i will never experience that feeling i had when i started getting into this game. Unfortunately and fortunately I will be moving on the FFXIV ARR, it may be pretty different and had a bad first release but it has potential and has came a long way since it first released.

Im going to miss you Final Fantasy 11
    (29)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    This is most definitely the wrong section of the forums that you're posting in.

EDIT: This was in the Localization team forums before it was moved.
    (4)
    Last edited by Eric; 05-17-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Character
    Bboydastyck
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I spent a while tryin to figure it out but the only feedback forum besides about the site was this one. Trying to delete since it is in the wrong forums but I cant figure out how.
    (0)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bboydastyck View Post
    Now all there is to do is GoV and spend tons of hours in 2 different zones until you go to Abyssea and jump up to the 90s.
    Part of me misses the 6 man groups simply because I met tons of ppl and made quite a few friends through them. Now if ppl are even present they seldom talk.

The only real issue I have with GoV pts is that there are only 18 spots open for ppl in each of the 3 lvl ranges that make up the GoV pts making it increasingly difficult to get into a pt. Lvl 50+ is even more difficult due to ppl joining the GoV in Bostaunieux Oubliette who are lvl 75-99 simply for skilling up.

It is true that these pts are not always full but during peak times there usually a good 5-6 ppl sitting with their flag up, sometimes for hrs. At least back in the day when you were on one of those hard to get pts jobs you could form your own or have multiple choices of camps. Now its so limited if we ever did get an influx of new players things would get quite tight.

But I don't see SE doing anything about this anytime soon since the ppl who do have to wait are comparatively small as is the influx of new and returning players
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The only thing I've found boring is waiting for the chance to be able to participate in new content. When I actually do get the chance to play it, it's fun. The problem is the content requires such high end sutff that if you didn't get skirmish/wildskeeper stuff when people were still doing it, you're in a bad spot because your only chance to participate is support role jobs e.g. whm sch brd cor.
    (16)

Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm sorry to say but this game has become very boring and almost pointless. So many things that we had back before Abyssea are not around anymore such as a simple 6 man group when leveling up. Now all there is to do is GoV and spend tons of hours in 2 different zones until you go to Abyssea and jump up to the 90s. I have tried to level up several jobs i KNOW i would have enjoyed leveling up in a group but now i cant even experience this. A good example is leveling my Paladin, im sitting in GoV as a DD not learning how to play my class and feeling like my job is just a title and nothing more.

Ive been playing this game since release off and on and it has changed to the point that I am disappointed more than having fun and i was obsessed with this game.

Dont get me wrong Abyssea and GoV were great ideas and allow players to enjoy the later levels more but whats the point of lv10-98, nothing really. I really did enjoy both of these added features but because of them FFXI will never be the same and i will never experience that feeling i had when i started getting into this game. Unfortunately and fortunately I will be moving on the FFXIV ARR, it may be pretty different and had a bad first release but it has potential and has came a long way since it first released.

You probably quit and came back. These adjustments to the game came longtime ago and your just complaining now...

Game has lost a ton of players over the years and slowly dieing. GoV & Abyssea is a way for players to find exp parties. Game has become alot more casual because of the lack of people playing the game.

XI isnt about exp parties anymore. Its all about getting equipment in endgame content. Game Lacks Skill up rates increase. Even with everyone becoming more casual with exping up very fast it ends up being 3-4 day grind toget skills to max. About 5-2 weeks of abyssea exp/level cap quests toget to 99 and adding more time grinding for skills.

Abyssea came around the time of XIV release so was highly likely XI was gonna lose a player base.
    (2)

Character
    Toxophile
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    lol, came into the thread expecting a rant about how Delve has obsoleted 90% of the content in the game and is far too easy to complete given the quality of the rewards.

Instead, you're complaining about 3 year old content that nobody has a problem with. Bravo. You want 6 man parties? Make 5 friends and you guys can go grind IT++ mobs for a couple years to hit 99 on one job. I'm sure you'll be flooded with tells from people wanting to invite some "real pros" who really learned how to play their job well.

Being good at a job is about being willing to learn and put forth the effort it takes, not grinding exp mobs until you magically become a pro.
    (15)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

i know how you feel, the game changed way to much now. but iam happy i got to experience all them fun times. them simple 6 man group you will never see again, rarely that happens. wont see much LFP. the whole low and mid lvl is dead. gone. just page burning on ep mobs.

guess this is the new generation of kids now and they seems to want leeching, page burning etc. and when you bring up anything pre abyssea they will rage,flame you. sadly this is how everything is now. well it time to pull out the rocking chair and tell our grand kids the story of the epic 100 chain pt or bibiki bay nightmares, or last man standing, when your pt about to wipe from a link but the 1 bad$$ comes to save the day!
    (5)

Character
    Risae
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    I think people often forget what the OP is reminding us of. We got a lot of bad with the good. It's quite possible to give us stuff that's good in the short term but is bad long term, and we got a lot of that over the years.

I don't think anyone wants to go back to needing to grind exp for as long as we did really early in the game, but now we don't really fight for exp at all in the old way so most of what happened that way is useless. Just like most of us don't enjoy being stuck at lower levels for large amounts of time, but Level Sync was a wonderful thing.

I for one was hoping that ARR, being ten years later and having all that data of what was good and bad for this game over the years, would be essentially this game's reboot (mechanics and item wise). And to some extent, it is, but somehow the things that made us feel, don't seem to be there yet.

I'll hope for it. This game's core systems are still top notch if you pay attention, it's the content designed around it recently that lets us down.

Anyone who finds themselves completely disagreeing with that, go read through the Assault Missions, you don't even have to do them, just read the strategies and the requirements and think about what that sort of content meant. You didn't even need 'the best' because doing it 'faster' didn't help, the success metric was different. You wouldn't have to shout for the 'strongest' jobs and take longer to make the party, just grab decent and intelligent people, go do the content, and win or lose.

I'd say I'm gonna miss that but I'm one of those people fortunate enough to have friends who like to do the same things.
    (5)

Character
    Nion
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 4
    It is ruined and i find it funny se trying to lure back the players that quit over R/M/E issue , i used to love this game from the day i started and now its getting worse and is not fun at all.

Camping shouts and trying to make a party to get KI just takes 2-5 hours which sucks, even VW shout died and couple people i know been shouting trying to finish empy 95-99 sooner or later HMP/Cinder/dross will be gone lol.

So sad so many awesome events have been neglected salvage/NNI etc.. Players i deal with are full of nonsense sadly its so damn hard to join delve event and its bullshit that that you cant get bivouacs to join Wildskeeper Reive -_-

Seems like they have no clue how to make this work successfully, whoever is in charge of this train wreck did a fine job to ruin my first and very last game makes it easy for me to quit it is not fun nor do they want to hear out players at all .

That how i truly feel about this game and forgive me english is my second language
    (7)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast