Thread: Is it worth it?

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Is it worth it?

I do not have the new SoA yet and what what I can see, it dose not seem worth getting at all. So, is it really worth it or should I just wait til the price drops on it?
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    It depends on what you are wanting or liked from the other expansions. All of the ones I bought when they came out didn't allow everything in it at launch either. I'm talking CoP n on since I came in after RoZ already was part of the game. There is a reason ToUA had Japanese midnight bs in its mission line besides the huge amount of CS only missions.
    (0)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    There is a reason ToUA had Japanese midnight bs in its mission line
    Sorry off topic but didn't they say at one point they were getting rid of this?

To the OP, I bought SoA, played it for a few days and haven't been back since. But since I haven't done delve or any of that content I cannot give you a definite answer other than, if you are geared for SoA content go for it, but if you still haven't geared yourself as far as you can in the non SoA content you may still have to wait to get into a group unless you have a buddy that will slide you in.
    (0)

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    It depends on what you are wanting or liked from the other expansions. All of the ones I bought when they came out didn't allow everything in it at launch either. I'm talking CoP n on since I came in after RoZ already was part of the game. There is a reason ToUA had Japanese midnight bs in its mission line besides the huge amount of CS only missions.
    Yes, i know about all of thos. But remember back on it, CoP and ToUA where not that much of a problem...for me anyways and while I did quit mid way thought the story line of WotG, I still think that xpack went well. Reading about SoA and even seeing a lot of people quit...just seems like it's not even worth getting.

IDK, maybe SE is really trying hard to kill the Final Fantasy titles for some odd reason.....
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    I feel part of it is so many newer players have been Abbyseafied and probably feel like they got slapped in the face when SoA came out. I like it my self haven't done everything yet but only because I don't have a group for that and I've been catching up with my VW and other things.
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elphy View Post
    Sorry off topic but didn't they say at one point they were getting rid of this?
    Haven't heard about it know some people still going through them and have had to deal with them.
    (0)

Character
    Miradel
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Speaking of the content, I'm wondering if it's necessary to have an R/M/E weapon in order to be accepted into a Delve party. Most of the shouts I've seen for it are requesting very specific skillsets, which has left me regretting the decision to buy the upgrade. I'm a casual/part time player and would hate to devote so much time to getting R/M/E weapons (or even the +2 abyssea gear) only to have it serve to allow me to get the delve gear.

It seems pointless and frustrating to me.

To the OP, I'd say if you're geared well then you'll probably get into parties for the new content. Otherwise, it might not be worth it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatmonkey View Post
    I do not have the new SoA yet and what what I can see, it dose not seem worth getting at all. So, is it really worth it or should I just wait til the price drops on it?
    Price isn't going to drop on it unless another expansion comes out.

It is worth it if you were a pretty advanced player and you have the connections and jobs that will help you get a foot in the door on the latest content. There is a lot of fun to be had, the hard part is being able to access it.
    (1)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    In addition to the comments about gear requirements and challenge, there's something else to consider. Namely, whether the design of the events and world appeal to you.

Personally, I like the tiered progression concept. I can see it would be frustrating if you haven't obtained an RME or +2 gear or beyond, though. People want to blame Abyssea for underperformance in SoA, but don't forget that the masses weren't running around in full Empyrean+2 within a month of Scars release. Abyssea became easy when people obtained gear, empys, atma, atmacites, and later levels and brews. I honestly don't see SoA turning out that different with the power of the Delve weapons alone.

The difference to me is that what you do in SoA is just not that interesting. Reives are fast-paced but I was bored with them within a week. There's only so long I can beat on butterflies, grasshoppers and bunnies, let alone inanimate trees and rocks. Compare that to Campaign that at least has beastmen, and Besieged that has some badass looking mobs.

Then there's the zone design. Ceizak winds you around flat copies of the same 20 yalms of jungle. These new areas are quite honestly the least interesting in the entire game. When I roam around I think of how even Yuhtunga Jungle has multiple levels, a maze of holes, and a drop to a waterfall valley that looked pretty cool in its time. People want to excuse this based on the fact that it's uncolonized land, but that doesn't change the bottom line drabness of it. On the plus side, I do like the look of Adoulin itself, but that's not really where I'm spending active time.

I'm also not a fan of 18-man requirements. I stopped a month into Voidwatch to play other games because FFXI had half my gaming time filled with building a party or waiting on one. I can't stand that. The big stuff in SoA is like that and it turned me off immediately. On the plus side, the last note from the producer regarding SoA content was that they'd be looking into more activities for solo players and low-man groups.

tl;dr - when assessing the value, take the challenge and content level comments along with the fun factor of the activities themselves. For me they're a big thumbs down at the moment. I'm keeping an eye out for that low-man stuff though. Also, Artifact quests will be implemented with the next update. I've wanted GEO for years, so that has me active for now.
    (6)

Character
    Miradel
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    snip
    Thank you! Your comments were very well put together and make perfect sense.

Just wanted to say that I appreciated reading your comments!
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast