Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladislav View Post
    Lol do you even know that about 40~50% of ppl's on each server did not done even VW , and there is not their fault , there not because they are bad players , there not because they lazy players/nobs/etc , there is irl life outside of fkn KB you know . I spended pretty much time to do it also i know . Now what we have here - all right new delve , once again need spend time that you sometimes not even have to get wins/gears that need to be pretty tough to even get inv. in party (*_*) .I know ppl's can say -> lol if u have no pretty much time to FFXI wtf u playin' it bro , answer is short ---> i 20 year play FF series so why shouldnt i !
    Did you know 99.2% of statistics are made up on the spot?

Also, people should have, and most could have, gotten in on voidwatch while it was going. They liked to cry about RME only shouts, but there were so many jobs that were less demanding, and not all shouts were RME only, especially city clears.

A great many people that didn't do voidwatch didn't do it because they were lazy, procrastinating, or severely antisocial. I started playing blu entirely because there's no gear demand for blu to get into voidwatch. Have capped skill, have spells, profit.

There were even numerous times a blu would send me a tell "I don't have all x spells, I can't learn X for some reason, would you do it" so I traded an element.".
    (0)

Greetings,

Please note that the use of a parser violates the Terms of Service. As such, telling players to use them on the forum is a violation of the Forum rules, and we ask that you please refrain from doing so to to avoid account action.

Thank you,
    GM Bublex
    (6)

Character
    Wyrmnus
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    ^ This kind of made me lol.
    (5)

Check out my Youtube Channel; Nailstare

Good to know i guess. Though it does confuuzle me how checking your damage is on the same level of "Banworthy" As Fishbotting or Windower, both which offer clear advantages... Parses just sum up your chat log damage, something anyone in fifth grade with reading could do given hours of time :|, Its like banning calculators D:.
    (12)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 05-17-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Good to know i guess. Though it does confuuzle me how checking your damage is on the same level of "Banworthy" As Fishbotting or Windower, both which offer clear advantages... Parses just sum up your chat log damage, something anyone in fifth grade with reading could do given hours of time :|, Its like banning calculators D:.
    Probably has more to do with FFXI parsers hooking into FFXI itself to my knowledge, that make them violate the ToS. If it was a completely stand-alone application, like FRAPS or anti-virus are, they'd probably have less problems with it.

As for Delve NMs, wouldn't kill them to bump the timer up to 30 min at least.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I've seen reports of well geared, delve-weapon, ninjas outperforming relic drks and their ilk in non-delve content, because who would bring a ninja to delve.
    people who don't realize that anyone with one of these weapons will eviscerate just about anything. There are HTH weapons with a base damage 5 times higher than what was typical before the expansion (the largest increase among weapon types, though i acknowledge this doesn't factor your pre-weapon base damage). Whether you're a MNK or a PUP, you're going to stomp all over any DD without a delve weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Bulbex
    Greetings,

Please note that the use of a parser violates the Terms of Service. As such, telling players to use them on the forum is a violation of the Forum rules, and we ask that you please refrain from doing so to to avoid account action.

Thank you,
    GM Bublex
    Then you should kindly consider providing your players such a feature, such that they don't have to risk their accounts just to calculate how much damage they're doing, something they shouldn't have to break the rules to find out.
    (10)

Character
    Raxe
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    honestly, things like parser and recount ONLY breed elitism. I've NEVER seen a parser/recount user who didn't end up being some elitist jackass. its already bad enough that people think relic, empy, or mythic weapons are REQUIRED for low end content like VW, NNI, etc. if SE allowed things like parser, the problem would only spiral so far out of control it could never be fixed. yes, there are legitimate uses for those kinds of things, but the abusers far outnumber the users.

being required to have gear from specific content in order to do that content is retarded, circular logic, and in my opinion, anyone who shouts to form groups that require this shouldn't be allowed to play. you're only hurting the playerbase as a whole. I get it, people don't like dying, or failing to kill an nm, or clear a missin, or whatever. but guess what? all those strategies you cling to like leeches to skin were created by people who had the balls to take a few deaths, wait on weakness timers (I don't like weakness personally, but that's not the point), and try, try, try again.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    honestly, things like parser and recount ONLY breed elitism. I've NEVER seen a parser/recount user who didn't end up being some elitist jackass.
    This is really an unfair stereotype. There's a difference between wanting to know these things and being an elitist. It becomes more difficult to improve yourself if you don't know what your weak points are or you don't know just how much of a difference this or that stat on gear makes. It's about making informed decisions.
    (7)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctrine View Post
    yes, there are legitimate uses for those kinds of things, but the abusers far outnumber the users.
    Sorry, you're quite wrong in this regard.
    The "Elitists" that abuse the parses for ego stroking are the minority of the bunch, by a huge amount.
    Unfortunatey they are the most vocal, but as our local friendly neighbourhood GM Bublex has said, parsing is illegal.
    If they openly talk about it you are free to call for a GM on them.

You won't know about 95% of the people that legitimately parses as they use it for their personal improvement and noone elses.
    They won't even let you know that they parse unless you ask them directly and even then most of us will deny it.
    The few legitimate that do approach you will always do this for your your benefit and in the most subtle of ways.
    (4)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctrine View Post
    honestly, things like parser and recount ONLY breed elitism.
    What makes a person an elitist? Does someone who strives to be the best at what they do count? What about someone who prefers playing with other people who also strive to be the best, but is still willing to play with people who don't know what /acmd leader does? Or are you just stereotyping everyone who encourages skillful play as those few a-holes who think that if you suck at one aspect of FFXI, you suck at every aspect of life?

Yes, there are a-holes out there. Yes, we all have our preferences towards who we play with. You are no exception. There are people you exclude yourself from playing with because they rub you the wrong way.

If you want nothing more than to win, why would you accept someone who is level 30? If you want nothing more than to have fun and enjoy the company of your party members, why would you accept someone who can't say 7 words without insulting someone? I play for the reasons I play. My reasons are no less legitimate than yours. The means I use to seek my end are no less legitimate than yours. We are both human, elitist or not.

Parsers do not breed elitism. Successfully prevent anything from parsing anything, and we'll still have just as many elitists as we've always had. It might prevent an elitist from noticing how much you're holding everyone else back, but it doesn't change their nature. They'll still do everything they can to notice who is the weakest link.
    (3)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast