Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New Ammunition & Method for Obtainment

We hope that you (and your wallets) been enjoying the Recycle/Scavenge adjustments! We're pleased to announce that this was just the beginning of the ammunition plans we have in store for you!

During the next version update we will be adding new ammunition. This ammunition will correspond to the ranged weapons that can be obtained via Delve, and below is what we have planned:
    • Method of obtainment
      Exchange Mweya Plasm acquired from Delve
    • Obtainment requirements
      It will be possible to obtain the ammo when you are able to exchange for the respective weapon as follows:
      Arrows – Speleogen Bow
      Bullets – Surefire Arquebus
      Bolts – Illapa
    • Stats
      The damage value and stats will match that of the content level (Arrows and bullets are content level 14, and bolts are content level 20.)
    • Other
      It will be possible to exchange for quivers of ammo as well.
    (16)

Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    I'm kinda shocked that no one replied to this (yet)... so let me break the ice...

While I love that you are trying to introduce new and viable alternatives to crafting to obtain expendable ammunition, for the love of god, why add more to Delve... we need MILLIONS of plasma as it is...

Why not add it to something that we have an ABUNDANCE of with NO VALUE like, oh, I don't know CROUR!!?

"Fracture" "Farming" is the -worst- thing ever added... It's abysmal with pick-ups, a complete waste of time (most of the time). God forbid your Paladin lose connection mid-super-tank, kiss 10-15 minutes goodbye while people run around dying like chickens without their heads.

It's an AWESOME step in the right direction, but dear christ, give us a conversion of CROUR to something useful like plasma... The requirements for maximizing (just ONE SET) of gear and ONE weapon is already pretty harsh, let alone the people who want to play more than ONE JOB... I can pretty safely say without even seeing how much you're going to make it cost, IT'S GOING TO BE TOO MUCH, EVEN with the recycle adjustments.

Or even add it to bayld so there's at least a SMALL reason to do colonization... cause right now, all our zones are going to drop to -ZERO- colonization by July, except for Ceizak (because its RIGHT outside the city).
    (21)
    Last edited by Karah; 05-15-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Character
    Slib
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I agree with Karah that there should be a cruor type of ammunition, but it should be a weaker version than the Plasm ones... Plasm weapons are very strong, meaning the ammunition will be brought up in damage too if it is from Delve.

Also, I haven't had an issue farming fracture runs O.o I noticed you're on my server...what time do you usually do Plasm farm runs? I am eastern time and I do them at night. Groups seem to be fine.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Slib View Post
    I agree with Karah that there should be a cruor type of ammunition, but it should be a weaker version than the Plasm ones... Plasm weapons are very strong, meaning the ammunition will be brought up in damage too if it is from Delve.

Also, I haven't had an issue farming fracture runs O.o I noticed you're on my server...what time do you usually do Plasm farm runs? I am eastern time and I do them at night. Groups seem to be fine.
    I don't really want to take this thread down that road, so if you want to go there, tell me in game, but "Fine" is not "Good enough".

"Fine" is "wasting MY time" (and yours).

Drop based content (Voidwatch) is "fine" because if you win, you win, you don't do Voidwatch for crour, you do it for drops, (or lack thereof).

TIME based content is not and should never be "fine".

If you go solo dynamis and get 100 coins that's "fine".
    If you go solo dynamis and get 150 coins that's "good enough". Which is acceptable.
    If you go solo dynamis and get 200+ coins that's "worth doing".

*dynamis is an EXAMPLE* of timed content. (all dynamis is a waste of time now).
    (6)
    Last edited by Karah; 05-16-2013 at 01:19 AM.

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I imagine you'll only NEED this ammo to challenge the really high level content, it won't become the default. Therefore I approve this message :-)
    (0)

Player
    how about shuriken for nin(obtainable with the katana ki ?)
    (2)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I know I will get trolled to death for this but...all forms of ammo should either be

A: non consumable
    or
    B: non-existent (as in equip a bow/gun and your good)

Ammo in todays gaming market is a far archaic concept that forces some jobs to be constantly spending gil to continue to play it. It is a burden to jobs such as rng and cor who not only have to farm tons of gear like anyone else, build an e/r/m to stay on top but also spend gillions just for the ability to do something as basic as generate damage.

The sheer fact the game forces a player to generate so much gil on basic necessities such as ammo, spell scrolls, dice, attachments, etc is a huge turn off for many players and creates a larger market for rmt.

My vote is just to do away with ammo completely or make it non-consumable. It was a happy day for us arc/brd when SE announced they were getting rid of ammo in x|v and were not going to reintroduce items such as spell scrolls, they need to bring that concept to xi as well.
    (7)

You won't get trolled to death by me, at least.
    (1)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    You won't get trolled to death by me, at least.

I have brought up that point before and had tons of replies talking about how that is the stupidest idea ever because it takes away from immersion or realism lol. But I think it is something that should be seriously considered.
    (1)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Wow, lol, what an idiotic idea....make ammo non-consumable? Seriously? I guess next you'l want food to be changed to a non-consumably thing like a job ability? Don't be silly. If ammo is that much of an issue to you, either level woodworking or level another job. Non-consumable..LOL
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast