Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    They're actually making ammo nonconsumable in FFXIV: ARR. It was originally consumable.

It was also switched from consumable to nonconsumable in the DS remake of FFIV.

It's always been nonconsumable in FFIV: The After Years and FFXII.

I think FFXI and old FFIV are the only FF games with consumable ammo now (oh, and Dirge of Cerberus), but I still don't think SE is willing to make such a massive change with FFXI.
    FF12 also had nonconsumable ammo.
    (0)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Some ideas are just too silly to respond to.
    It's only silly to a small segment of the playerbase who profit, hugely, from this, everyone else would greatly benefit from the ditching of an ancient and now obsolete game mechanic.
    (0)

Character
    Creativename
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakrest View Post
    Translation, "we're saying future, and by future we mean so far away that no body cares any more. you know, like how we used the word 'future' in the past?"
    Well, he straight out says they have no plans to do it. So just another empty promise.
    (0)

Player
    Plasm is extremely easy to come by, so the debate over consumable vs non-consumable ammo is somewhat pointless. You'll essentially never run out of ammo, so it's basically the same thing. The only difference is taking up more inventory space.

Also, they would have to modify unlimited shot, recycle, etc. if they made ammo non-consumable--I don't see that ever happening.

Skyrim uses consumable ammo. I wouldn't call it an "obsolete game mechanic" by any means.
    (1)

Character
    Tassidaru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Skyrim is a completely different beast of a game though. oh and 30k plasm for 99 bullets is retarded, best ive seen from plasm farms is ~7k, that means 5 runs to hit 30k, and if you are on a ranged job for that time odds are you'll probably burn through at least half that stack in the process of getting another stack. And I would like to use my plasm for other things... you know, like maxing out gear.
    (2)

Player
    With just merits and the Scout's Beret +2 head, which is a great piece when augmented, Ranger sits well above the 95% cap for Recycle.

With Manibozho Gloves and Libeccio Mantle, Corsair sits at around a 45% Recycle rate. That's not as high as I'd like, but I don't get to hammer my ranged attack macro uninterrupted on Corsair as often as I'd like either. Two wrongs get together behind the dumpster behind Arby's and make a right, I guess?

I guess what I'm trying to say is: How the Hell are you guys still using so much ammunition that this is still a major issue? This was definitely a big problem in the past, but I think it's been more than addressed.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

In regards to the new ammo to be added via Delve content, I would like to point out a couple of things.

First, while this ammo can only be obtained from Delve, it is not limited to use with Delve weapons. You will be able to use it with any weapons that can utilize the ammo. However, just like the rest of the Delve equipment it will not be possible to sell or trade them.

Next, I am sure a lot of you are curious about the damage values on this new line of ammo. Though this is still being worked on and there may be some changes, the below values are what we are planning:
    • Arrows: Damage 74 (content level 14)
    • Bullets: Damage 196 (content level 14)
    • Bolt: Damage 93 (content level 20)

Also, once again I would like to repeat something that was mentioned prior by Producer Matsui, but after a certain amount of time has passed with this content and when harder content is implemented, we will be making adjustments so that it is easier to play. Additionally we will be implementing a variety of content with the same content level.
    So, out of curiosity, will Corsair be able to use these new bullets? Or will it be yet another bullet that is reserved only for thf/rng?

Also, why is it that Corsair has such a low marksmanship rating? With merits in marksmanship, and +80 to ranged acc, AND using sushi, AND using hunter's roll at 11, I still have trouble hitting delve NMs with marksmanship. It seems the roll (Hey look! A pun!) of Corsair, is to use rolls and afk 7 minutes until they wear off.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SqEnisfilledwithgeniuses View Post
    So, out of curiosity, will Corsair be able to use these new bullets? Or will it be yet another bullet that is reserved only for thf/rng?

Also, why is it that Corsair has such a low marksmanship rating? With merits in marksmanship, and +80 to ranged acc, AND using sushi, AND using hunter's roll at 11, I still have trouble hitting delve NMs with marksmanship. It seems the roll (Hey look! A pun!) of Corsair, is to use rolls and afk 7 minutes until they wear off.
    For Delve NMs I work with them having 700 evasion depends on which ones but that's been what works well when gearing my DDs. Depends on what your AGI is at but with a 11 no bonus Hunter's Roll you'd be looking to need to double your RACC and aim for 160~ range.

Suggested setup using Abyssea and AH:

Nvrch. Tricorne +2
    Arctier's Torque
    Volley Earring
    Clearview Earring
    Gunman Gambison
    Nvrch. Gants +2
    Hajduk Ring
    Hajduk Ring
    Libeccio Mantle
    Aquiline Belt
    Thurandaut Tights
    Praeda Sabatons

Assuming I did the math right that gives 138 RACC and 43 AGI which should put you into 159-160 RACC range without factoring weapons.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zagen; 06-28-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Futan View Post
    Well, he straight out says they have no plans to do it. So just another empty promise.
    What he straight up says is, "we will add them in the future" and that carrot no longer fools me. It means they are sweeping it under the rug - it's a lie is what it is.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Character
    Tassidaru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    With Manibozho Gloves and Libeccio Mantle, Corsair sits at around a 45% Recycle rate. That's not as high as I'd like, but I don't get to hammer my ranged attack macro uninterrupted on Corsair as often as I'd like either. Two wrongs get together behind the dumpster behind Arby's and make a right, I guess?
    I guess what I'm trying to say is: How the Hell are you guys still using so much ammunition that this is still a major issue? This was definitely a big problem in the past, but I think it's been more than addressed.
    Cor can hit ~45% recycle, so for simplicity lets say 50%. Most Cors have at least a skrimish gun,(unless your a WF junkie like myself) and as a result use Last Stand, a 2 shot ws. That means that on average you burn 1 bullet per ws. Personally, in between buff cycles ( once again for easy math, and to low ball the average) of ~ every 10 min, will use 10 ws at a minimum. that means in a 45 min fracture run, you'll basically gonna lose 45 rounds in 45 min. thats 4.5 bullets shy of half a stack in a single fracture run, when it takes 5 to buy a stack of delve bullets. And if you want good damage on Last Stand you /war, so no chance of regaining any lost bullets. Now correct me if im wrong, but that doesnt seem like a solution to the problem.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast