World: Sylph
    Main Job: WHM
    Support Job: None
    Area and Coordinates: Southern San d'Oria W Ron Gate
    Party or Solo: Solo and Party attempts
    NPC Name: Alaune
    Monster Name: N/A
    Steps:
    1. Completed previous tutorial mini-quests up to requirement to go to La Theine Plateau to kill a monster
    2. Went to La Theine solo and killed a Steppe Hare after "checking" its level
    3. Went back to Alaune who told me I needed to go to La Theine to kill a monster
    4. Repeated solo with different monster.
    5. Repeated with partner in party with a variety of monsters on the way to pick up teleport key.
    6. Still will not advance to next mini-quest

I've completed the new character tutorial mini-quest series several times before. However, I now have a character that cannot get past the La Theine Plateau requirement. The quest NPC, Alaune, in Southern San d'Oria keeps telling me I need to go to La Theine Plateau and kill at least one monster. I've tried twice zoning into La Theine and killing different mobs. I've also tried going with a party and killing a number of different mobs on the way to pick up the teleport key.

Each time I go back to Alaune, I get the same message that I still need to go to La Theine and kill at least one monster.

I've tried this on different days (separate logins) and "checked" the monsters before killing them as the quest NPC advises.
    (1)
    Last edited by pyewacket; 05-14-2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Adjust for template

What level is the job on which you are killing the monsters? Might be too high a level? Seem to recall some of them having a level range or something that you had to be in to get credit for them.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Pyewacket
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 13
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    What level is the job on which you are killing the monsters? Might be too high a level? Seem to recall some of them having a level range or something that you had to be in to get credit for them.
    I've tried with the lowest Steppe Hare near the zone entrance, with a slightly higher Akbaba, then Strolling Sapling. With party I also did Huge Wasps towards the higher end of the 7-12 level range. So unfortunately, I started with level 7 beasties and went up from there.

I've never had a problem with this quest before on past characters. Have a Elvaan RDM that I did this two days before from the same NPC without a hitch.
    (0)

Not talking about the level of your targets....talking about the level of your job. As in, your profile is showing level 13 WHM. That may be too high to complete the quest if it has a level cap. There were some that do have specific level requirements (just forget the details).
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Pyewacket
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 13
    Sorry, missed that. Tried this the first time at, I think, level 9 on this WHM. My Elvaan RDM did this several levels later than that.
    (0)

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    What is the name of the Quest you are trying to do?
    (0)

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused for you. I see the other posters have been helpful in providing some remedies to your trouble. Can you try them out and see if you are still having this issue? If so, please let us know if you are still having a problem or resolved your issue so we can either escalate the matter further or close out the thread.

Special thanks to the other posters and their help.

-SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (0)

Character
    Pyewacket
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 13
    I have no idea what fixed the issue. The next time I was passing through La Theine Plateau I disbanded from my party and killed a mob. When I checked in with the quest NPC the next time I was able to advance.

This is resolved for me, thanks.
    (0)

Hello,

I am happy to hear that this matter has been resolved, and will close this thread as the matter is closed. If you ever experience future problems you believe may be bug related, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,

-Verytus
    (0)