Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Vestrivan
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Trouble logging in

On one of my computers, I had to change my OS to Windows 8; and after reinstalling FFXI (and I have the POL for Windows 7 running, so the trouble's not there), I tried logging in, and it says incorrect password. I tested on my other computer, and there was no conflict there. All the data I entered on both computers for my log in is exactly the same. I've re-entered (and carefully entered) the password for the settings and log in portions multiple times, and it still keeps coming back as "Incorrect PlayOnline ID or Password." Any and all help would be appreciated.
    (0)

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Try deleting the account name you have in PoL, then re-add it back in manually.
    (0)

Character
    Vestrivan
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Same error. I also tried my brother's account, and I still got the same error, even with making sure that it was also correct.
    (0)

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Did you try a file check on PoL? You should also check your firewall settings, make sure it is letting FFXI pass thought it.
    (0)

Character
    Vestrivan
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    did a file check on PoL, and changed my firewall settings, and still a big, fat 0...
    (0)

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Did you try reinstalling PoL using the PoL installer you can download from SE site? You could also try copying the PoL files on your win 7 pc to your win 8 pc, just over ride any files that have the same name.
    (0)

Sounds like you may be verifying the wrong credentials.

Incorrect PlayOnline ID or Password

This is actually a common error. Verify the credentials saved in your POL Client to make sure they are saved properly at the SE AM site. It might be best to login to the site and re-enter them again....carefully paying attention to upper/lower case and such.

Note, this is you original POL credentials we are talking about, that get saved in your local POL client. I'm talking about the funky 4 letter/4 number POL ID issued to you by the system when you first activated your account. Look where that is saved within POL, and make sure you have that info saved correctly at the SE Account Management site.

You never enter this information during login, as it is saved within the client and saved within your profile at SE AM. They get passed in the background when you enter you SE ID and password/token. If this portion is not in synch, you get the message about incorrect POL ID and/or password. The key thing there being your POL ID, and not your SE ID. Make sure that is entered/saved properly.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Vestrivan
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    reinstalled the PoL launcher, tried logging in, and still incorrect password

EDIT: copied data from my SE AM site, and put it into the PoL data, tried logging in, and nothing... This is starting to get annoying...
    (0)
    Last edited by Vestrivan; 05-14-2013 at 08:03 AM.

did you verify your original POL ID is correct in your POL client, as well as your SE AM profile?

Again.. not your SE ID of Vestrivan, but your ABCD1234 POL ID. The game is telling you there is an issue with your PlayOnline credentials, not SE AM credentials. If the POL info is not set properly in BOTH SE AM and the POL Client, it all falls apart.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This is because your account isn't being setup currecttly..

You need your SE game play online account ID.
    You need your SE game play online account Password.
    You need your SE management account ID.
    You need your SE management account Password.
    You need your SE management one time password. (if you have one setup)

These need to be triple checked then checked again to make sure all of them fill the right boxes. Not only do you need the SE account password but the Playonline ID and password. The playonline ID it's password and the SE management ID is/can be stored on the HDD. The management password is NEVER saved.

If you don't have a one time password setup you could inadvertently lock out your account if you change IPs frequently.

You could just call 310-846-0345. You're on Windows 8!
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 05-14-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast