Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    seriously? do you feel better about yourself making comments like this? it doesn't matter if you are right or not how you make the comment makes you look like a jerk
    <jest>Someone complaining about others getting the same service for free after him/her paid money for it ? how annoying </jest>

Sorry, I see that you're a fellow fenrir player, but well I had to comment here ... >.>
    (0)

Character
    Afrohatch
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    seriously? do you feel better about yourself making comments like this? it doesn't matter if you are right or not how you make the comment makes you look like a jerk
    And how exactly do you think your comments are making you look?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    For some, it was more like 12.98 USD. >×

Yes. My comment had nothing to do with that. It was about some users suggesting phones having a cost in them having something to do with anything. ^^
    I'm just saying you have to buy a phone in order to use the software token, the price is there regardless hence why i believe SE allows you to recieve the software token for free, that and it saves them money.

I'm justifying the cause to the means as to why they get their software token for free vs buying a security token.
    (0)

Question I don't have a cell phone is there anything I can buy that isn't a phone that can run this? Someone told me it would work on a ipod or an ipad is that true?
    (0)

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Question I don't have a cell phone is there anything I can buy that isn't a phone that can run this? Someone told me it would work on a ipod or an ipad is that true?
    Or an Android tablet. Yes, you should be able to use it I think.
    (0)

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    ....Why not just get the Security Token itself? It would be cheaper....
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatmonkey View Post
    ....Why not just get the Security Token itself? It would be cheaper....
    Well if I get some hand held computer device I can put all these authenticators on 1 thing for other games. FFXI isn't the only game I play.
    (0)

I never thought that after all this time, there are this many people without a satchel.

Edit: Also, if you think you're getting screwed for others getting for free what you also got for free? Get over it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Catmato; 05-16-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This is exactly like a company dropping the price on something after you buy it. Generally, it's tough luck, carveat emptor, buyer beware. People who buy something before the price goes down aren't generally entitled to a refund or discount.
    This is the way I look at it too. Even if the original $10 charge were about revenue (which I don't think it was), this wouldn't be any different than price drops on consoles or discounted "greatest hits" games. For that matter, consider DLC bundled for free with ultimate collections after the psychos like me paid the price of the game over again for the downloads on initial release.

Just like that DLC I don't feel cheated at all because I know I'm paying to get it when I want it. I've gotten way more than $10 of satisfaction out of years of that satchel. I couldn't care less if SE were to offer the satchel for free to everyone now, security app or not.
    (2)
    Last edited by Merton9999; 05-16-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Character
    Danial
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    While I have no problem with the cell phone version being free, in fact I am glad... I would like them to make a different change to the program. When you log in from the same computer on a blizzard game it only asks you to authenticate once or twice a month. Personally I find the log in process for ffxi pretty clunky, entering my authenticator 3 times every time I want to play just makes it that much worse, to the point where most of the time I just don't bother. I know it's kind of lazy, but I wish SE would take that road.
    (1)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast