Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Spells that don't exist that should

We've all been talking about Bardark and Barlight, which should exist, but there are a few others that should exist, but don't.

Light seems to be more common, for some reason

Banish -> Dark
    Banish II -> Dark II
    Banish III -> Dark III
    Banishga -> Darkga
    (You get the idea.)

Holy -> Unholy?

Diaga -> Bioga

What exactly was the reason in this imbalance between Light and Dark?
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

well... there is drain/aspir (1 & 2), then Comet for direct damage dealing spells (Meteor wound up being neutral as far as elemental affinity, a bit disappointing).

Even though Bio's ( 3 tier's of that) are more the dark side of Dia, they are considerably stronger per tick DoT and do initial damage.

Also a host of Absorb spells, Endark, Dread spikes.

The point is, there's a lot of Dark based magic. And some of it has no light based equivalent, so it kind of balances itself out I guess when you consider the utility aspect of them?
    (4)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    well... there is drain/aspir (1 & 2), then Comet for direct damage dealing spells (Meteor wound up being neutral as far as elemental affinity, a bit disappointing).

Even though Bio's ( 3 tier's of that) are more the dark side of Dia, they are considerably stronger per tick DoT and do initial damage.

Also a host of Absorb spells, Endark, Dread spikes.

The point is, there's a lot of Dark based magic. And some of it has no light based equivalent, so it kind of balances itself out I guess when you consider the utility aspect of them?
    I always figured Boost/Gain spells were the White Magic opposed with Absorbs. But you make alot of sense, lol.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Don't forget Kaustra! I'm on the other side, wanting a light version of that for SCH.

I agree about Barlight and Bardark, though I'd prefer the names Barluminus/Barlumina and Barnoctus/Barnocta. I always assumed they'd be for WHM and RDM, but RUN would make sense now.

Not sure why Bio never got a -ga version. However, I 'm more troubled by the fact that players can't access Diaga II/III when mobs have been using them for years. Yeah I know, limited purpose, and Diaga serves the major shadow-stripping function that line gives. It just drives me crazy seeing mobs casting the higher tiers when my RDM can't
    (6)
    Last edited by Merton9999; 05-12-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    Don't forget Kaustra! I'm on the other side, wanting a light version of that for SCH.
    Isn't that Embrava?
    (1)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Isn't that Embrava?
    If only Embrava was a light elemental nuke it would be.
    (1)

Player
    Kaustra isn't really a nuke it's considered Dark magic. Embrava just does the opposite and they both define a part of what sch is all about.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    We've all been talking about Bardark and Barlight, which should exist, but there are a few others that should exist, but don't.

Light seems to be more common, for some reason

Banish -> Dark
    Banish II -> Dark II
    Banish III -> Dark III
    Banishga -> Darkga
    (You get the idea.)

Holy -> Unholy?

Diaga -> Bioga

What exactly was the reason in this imbalance between Light and Dark?
    The other side of banish is pretty much the bio line, which does far more direct damage than the dia line. I realize that's not really what you're looking for, just saying- while there isn't a plain direct damage dark magic spell, bio comes pretty close and the light version isn't really about the damage.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-12-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JouriStarz View Post
    Kaustra isn't really a nuke it's considered Dark magic. Embrava just does the opposite and they both define a part of what sch is all about.
    The spell categories do not define if a spell is a nuke or not, its how they are used.

Now if Embrava did the opposite of Kaustra, it might actually start seeing a bit more use again. I know I would like a nice large upfront cure with very strong regen tied to it, which is more of an opposite to Kaustra than a haste/refresh/regen buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The other side of banish is pretty much the bio line, which does far more direct damage than the dia line. I realize that's not really what you're looking for, just saying- while there isn't a plain direct damage dark magic spell, bio comes pretty close and the light version isn't really about the damage.
    I wonder if that is because they untied the Dia line from Divine magic skill? Which may have had some unintended consequences that never really were noticed due to both Dia and Bio being more used for their enfeebling portion than their damage.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Isn't that Embrava?
    it is; as embrava gives substantail regeneration while embrava does substantial DoT.
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast