Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    Character
    Osmond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    The argument that can be made for the satchel is one that I did and I'm sure many others did too which is we paid for the satchel and not the actual token. So much like F2P players we paid for extra inventory instead of the added security.
    Oh yeah, I completely forgotten about that. Then again if the person knows that the game gonna be hacked they wouldn't put money on a F2P game, it's would be common sense.
    (0)
    Last edited by Osmond; 05-26-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmond View Post
    Umm, a few things in mind. 1(and I believe I already said this before) no one has the same mindset as other ppl. They can be fine accepting the EXP value of 0.25-0.5 cause at the end of the day they don't have to pay anything, it's all optional. 2, I didn't start the argument, I didn't come out and make out random prices to prove a point that F2P is a bad move for players. I just said that due to the issues regarding this game and where it's gonna head, cause they competing other MMOs w/ that practice.
    I get that others are okay with that idea, I'm sorry if my personal feelings as a gamer about F2P were misinterpreted.

As to making up numbers you're right I did make them up but hey looking at Maple Story where 1 day of 2x EXP Bonus costs just under $10 my numbers are a great deal!
    (0)

Character
    Osmond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I get that others are okay with that idea, I'm sorry if my personal feelings as a gamer about F2P were misinterpreted.

As to making up numbers you're right I did make them up but hey looking at Maple Story where 1 day of 2x EXP Bonus costs just under $10 my numbers are a great deal!
    Nah, no need to apologize. I do like to hear ppls opinions of things and debate to make a middle ground.
    (0)

Player
    Do you realize Hawklaser and I are talking about if the OAT got updated with more damage and not in it's current form?
    Nope, I was mostly reading the last part which said
    Now while the OAT lance is good as is and I would likely keep using it instead of a max augmented skirmish lance for most enemies
    Sorry, was busy and speed reading, it caught my attention so I quickly replied. :x
    (0)

The argument that can be made for the satchel is one that I did and I'm sure many others did too which is we paid for the satchel and not the actual token. So much like F2P players we paid for extra inventory instead of the added security.
    Actually, no... we bought the token. Now, one's motive might have ultimately leaned more towards one or the other (my purpose was the token for the security, as my account got hijacked in the past)....but technically, we bought the token and the satchel was a bonus received for activating/linking that token to the account.

See how that works? You had to physically recieve the token and link/activate it in order to get the satchel. In order to have that token device shipped to you, you had to pay for it first. What you are saying implies people simply paid money and got a virtual good in the same manner as they can in F2P games.

I admit though, the satchel made it more appealing and may have ultimately conviced those who might have been on the fence about buying it. But there are people out there that would have gotten it just for the added layer of security.

Note also that such practice (paying directly for virtual goods) is illegal at worst, problematic at best in some regions where FFXI was originally distributed and/or played. That's why there are issues with Crysta availability for some people. So, SE could get into a real pickle for engaging in such activity. So, from SE's legal standpoint, we almost had to buy a physical good (or at least a license for a software product or something like that) in order to obtain the virtual goods.
    (1)
    Last edited by RAIST; 05-26-2013 at 10:24 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Compared to the Delve PA, the OAT is nothing, Delve with Augments is just under the PA from the Foret boss, and that one beats Ryuno unless AM3 is up at literally all times, even then, it almost wins. OAT is amazing for TP gain and spamming WSs as well as making your jumps insane, but against the Delve DMG it gets crushed, its a turning point where quality becomes better than quantity, as far as I know even Herja's beat out OAT by a bit, but not a ton, and this thing makes Herja's look like a joke, so yeah.
    Exactly, which is why updating the TotM weapons would be useful. Especially when consider how fast skirmish died, and the augmented weapons from there and wildskeeper rieves were intended as the stepping stones to Delve. Only a couple of lances besides RME that I know of that were as good or better than the OAT one pre-SoA, Herja's is one, other is Delphinus. The delve plasm weapons crush so many other weapons, the content meant to be the inbetween for pre-SoA and Delve died very fast.

Which if used the Ghastly Stones from skirmish to upgrade TotM weapons damage alone, would likely reinvigorate skirmish seeing as it is a more low-man friendly event, and help serve as a good stepping stone into Delve. Just consider a 130 damage OAT lance compared to the 181 of the plasm lance. Not sure on how often Ryuno's AM3 causes double/triple attacks, but its damage is at 151 and has other other perks and its having a hard time keeping up with the plasm lance. Which means might even be able have OAT at 150 damage, to be a more viable option for when going after more than plasm farming.
    (3)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    Actually, no... we bought the token. Now, one's motive might have ultimately leaned more towards one or the other (my purpose was the token for the security, as my account got hijacked in the past)....but technically, we bought the token and the satchel was a bonus received for activating/linking that token to the account.

See how that works? You had to physically recieve the token and link/activate it in order to get the satchel. In order to have that token device shipped to you, you had to pay for it first. What you are saying implies people simply paid money and got a virtual good in the same manner as they can in F2P games.

I admit though, the satchel made it more appealing and may have ultimately conviced those who might have been on the fence about buying it. But there are people out there that would have gotten it just for the added layer of security.

Note also that such practice (paying directly for virtual goods) is illegal at worst, problematic at best in some regions where FFXI was originally distributed and/or played. That's why there are issues with Crysta availability for some people. So, SE could get into a real pickle for engaging in such activity. So, from SE's legal standpoint, we almost had to buy a physical good (or at least a license for a software product or something like that) in order to obtain the virtual goods.
    Okay... you're right technically I did buy the token and not the satchel however the moment my satchel was active I deactivated the token, thus making it a key chain that generated a random string that served no purpose. The point was that's essentially the one thing SE has done thus far that could potentially be tied to a unique aspect of the free to play model if you looked at it that way.
    (1)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If they are to upgrade E/R/M weapons, then please include the double attack path as well. I can't cope with my Majimun katana being useless.
    (1)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    What people fail to realize here is that Adoulin is basically a new path for the game.

Items are not sidegrades, they are upgrades- they are the "level up" post-99. R/M/E weapons were gear upgrades to go with leveling up the old fashioned way on the path to 99. Adoulin gear is effectively designed to make you level 100+ when wearing it.

This is akin to complaining that they haven't upgraded the gear on NM's from Zilart (or perhaps Garrison) so that you can use it to beat up Nakuaals without breaking a sweat. Adoulin is designed to render earlier gear obsolete, whether it was last expansion or 10 years ago. You want the top of the line? Go do Adoulin and stop complaining that you can't get the best out of previous portions of the game- that started to die with Wings, it got kicked in the groin with atmas and Abyssea, and Adoulin used {Mercy Stroke} and put it out of it's misery. Don't want to do Adoulin? The rest of the game wasn't designed for it's level of power anyway. Work on those R/M/E's and be happy with your shiny old-school toys in the older parts of the world.
    (2)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20