Support Job: Dancer
    Area and Coordinates: Ceizak Battlegrounds
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: Longclaw Raptor
    Steps:
    1. Claim Monster
    2. Equip Rogue's Poulaines
    3. Use Job Ability Flee (Movement Speed +100%)

I was attacked by a raptor in Ceizak Battlegrounds, tonight. I used flee to run away, but to my dismay the monster kept up with me well enough to remain in attack range. It did not lag behind, and catch up later. It stayed with me the full minute I was under the effect of flee.
    (0)

Player
    Some mobs, like raptors, tigers, phaubo, etc., move at faster than normal movement speed, and are impossible to outrun.
    (1)

yeah.. longclaws move pretty fast as is when they are idle. Just watch them for a bit. Then when they get aggressive towards a player, their speed ramps up even more. Wouldn't put it past SE to make them near or at Flee speed when giving chase.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Verran
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Thank you. I am aware that some monsters have movement enhancements. However, to date I have yet to find one that has movement +100%. That is the issue.
    (0)

Player
    Tonberry Lieje in Aby-Konschtat moves at flee speed (or close to it).
    (0)

Hello!

I'll go ahead and submit your information for further testing. Any changes, news or updates regarding this matter will either be made directly to this post, or on www.PlayOnline.com and official FFXI forums. Thank you again!

SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (0)