Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    OMG I seriously wana /wrists reading forums mage is not HEALER support is not HEALER. I'm sorry guys but just because your a mage or a support class means you need to be a healing only. from what I played on geo yeas Indi closure spells is an aura of 6 yalms <feet> so I think base line def of a geo should be improved or have some sort of exclusive spell to enhance that short coming.
    (1)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I am very let down by the merits we're being given. None of them will help enhance its capability to be given a spot in place of COR or BRD.
    (1)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    my point in may about loupans that follow a mob isnt they wouldnt still exist when the mob its following dies. Would the loupan jsut sit there when the mob dies? i cant imagine it would jsut "magnetize" to the next mob. Seems to me the loupan would follow and then transition itself to being stationary types like they are now, unless they added a command like other pet jobs to make it follow the mob.
    (1)

Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Have yet to use GEO (Don't own the Seekers of Adoulin expansion.) From what I've seen, it could really use these updates.
    (0)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordoric View Post
    OMG I seriously wana /wrists reading forums mage is not HEALER support is not HEALER. I'm sorry guys but just because your a mage or a support class means you need to be a healing only. from what I played on geo yeas Indi closure spells is an aura of 6 yalms <feet> so I think base line def of a geo should be improved or have some sort of exclusive spell to enhance that short coming.
    I'm noticing this as a problem too. GEO has no innate defensive abilities or spells to improve survivability other than the Indicolure and Geocolure spells available. This means no protect, shell, stoneskin, phalanx, etc unless you have the appropriate support job. When in a melee party and fighting a Delve NM, I'm most likely using Indicolure and Geocolure spells to enhance my melee party members' damage output. These spells include Precision (Acc), Fury (Atk), Frailty (Mob def down), and Torpor (Mob eva down). I'll also cast any of the aforementioned as a Geocolure spell. So that doesn't give me much survivability anymore in case I'm hit with an AoE, whether physical or magical.

I'm unlikely going to cast Barrier (Def bonus), Voidance (Eva bonus), Fend (Mag def bonus), Attunement (Mag eva bonus), Slip (Mob acc down), Wilt (Mob atk down), Vex (Mob magic acc down), Fade (Mob magic atk down). That's a pretty big arsenal of spells to be unused. We're not attempting to survive for extended amounts of time, time is of the essence, and we're trying to take down a mob within certain time limits. This is why I'm more unlikely to cast these Indi or Geo spells, and it would render me much more defenseless when in proximity of a mob.

I'm thinking GEO might legitimately be in need of a defense and magic defense boost in order to play a front line mage role.
    (3)

It'd be nice if Drain, when used by a geo with full HP, could impart the drained HP to your Luopan instead.
    (0)
    It's important to hold onto your dreams.. Even if it means staying half-asleep.
    -rd

Player
    From having played with Geomancer a little bit I have some ideas for adjustments that would be very beneficial for the job.

I.) Lower the MP cost of all the Indi and Geo spells to 1/3 of the original cost.
    -The reason why I think that this is such an important adjustment is because of so many reasons; first off unlike Bards and Corsair who have free buffing capabilities Geomancers have quite a high MP cost for their buffing spells which is already putting them at a disadvantage and while it makes sense to make a magic buffer use MP for these buff they are even more expensive to cast than bloodpacts and any other type of magic in the game. Lets also not forget that nuking is the sub-role of the job making it almost unfeasible to nuke because of the amount of MP that Geomancer waste on their buffing.

II.) Add more flair to Geomancer Nuking Capabilities!!!
    -I don't know about you guys, but the thing that is really interesting about Geomancer is the concept of making them a hybrid of BRD/BLM similar to how Corsairs are a hybrid of BRD/RNG; while the MP adjustments to their Indi and Geo spells will make this sub-role much more possible to fulfill I still don't think that Geomancer nuking abilities is unique enough when compared to Corsair range attack uniqueness because the "Ra" spell line is great for damage but its basically a watered down version of "Ja" spells so I had some ideas of how to make their nuking a bit more unique.

1.) Adjustments to Cardinal Chant
    -Cardinal Chant is one of the only unique traits that Geomancers have so first off I think that the level at which this ability is learned should be increased to level 50 to prevent it from becoming sub-able which would be an extra boon to Geomancers since they have so little uniqueness in the nuking department.
    -Secondly I think the Battle Chat should give us a message when we cast elemental magic to know what bonus we received when Cardinal Chant took effect; this would make positioning as a Geomancer much more easier and know if we succeeded at getting the effect we wanted.
    -Thirdly currently not much is know about this trait so I wanted to offer some changes to the way this trait functions; I think the trait should work with percentages instead of flat bonuses and these percentages should increase every level.
    *Base Percentage: East 5% > Magic Attack Bonus, West 5% > Magic Accuracy Bonus, South > Critical Hit Bonus 5%, North > Shorten recast by 5%
    *Increases every 5 levels by: East 2% > West 2%> South 2%, North 2% to a maximum of 23% at level 95.

2.) Adjusts to "Ra" Spells
    While the "Ra" spells aren't really that bad they don't offer anything new that "Ga" and "Ja" spells could do, so I think that perhaps they should add some type of debuff to the spell line to make them much more feasible especially due to their very expensive MP cost here is what I had in mind; also before you judge the additional effect off the bat and deem them overpowered they don't have a 100% land rate, they have around a 50% land rate that can only be increased to a 100% land rate with the "Theurgic Focus" ability.

*Stonera: Additional effect of rasp to all enemies within range.
    *Watera: Additional effect of drown to all enemies within range.
    *Aerora: Additional effect of choke to all enemies within range.
    *Fira: Additional effect of burn to all enemies within range.
    *Blizzara: Additional effect of freeze to all enemies within range.
    *Thundara: Additional effect of shock to all enemies within range.
    *Stonera II: Additional effect of rasp + slow to all enemies within range.
    *Watera II: Additional effect of drown + amnesia to all enemies within range.
    *Aerora II: Additional effect of choke + silence to all enemies within range.
    *Fira II: Additional effect of burn + plague to all enemies within range.
    *Blizzara II: Additional effect of freeze + bind to all enemies within range.
    *Thundara II: Additional effect of shock + paralyze to all enemies within range.

II.) Make geocolure spells immune to damage.
    So as of right now geocolure spells function like pets they have their own HP as a duration timer of the buff; however, the problem with this is that many monsters like using powerful Area of effect abilities and magic making it hard to maintain your geocolure spell up, and to make matters worst the Geomancer cannot use their Indicolure spell because the Area of effect would tear them apart so I think that the dematerialize ability should be gotten rid of and just make geocolure spells invincible that way the HP bar would be more like a timer rather than a hindrance that geomancers have to maintain.
    (1)
    Last edited by skullreaper; 08-14-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    -Ra spells are kinda nice, but the fact that as the GEO is going to be attacked due to receiving enmity from casting an AoE centered spell is the reason I rarely use them. I would like the damage to come from the Luopan, since they cannot be attacked directly. One of my favorite abilities to use is Concentric Pulse, so it would be similar to the damage dealt by that ability.
    (0)

Player
    Ideas for new spells.

1. Introduce Indi-Veil at level 54 (73 MP) (Increases resistance to spell interruptions)
    2. Introduce Geo-Veil at level 58 (146 MP) (Increases resistance to spell interruptions)
    3. Introduce Indi-Pax at level 66 (98 MP) (Decreases enmity generated overtime.)
    4. Introduce Geo-Pax at level 70 (196 MP) (Decreases enmity generated overtime.)
    5. Introduce Indi-Regain at level 78 (102 MP) (Gradually increases TP overtime.)
    6. Introduce Geo-Regain at level 82 (204 MP) (Gradually increases TP overtime.)
    7. Introduce Indi-Concentration at level 84 (154 MP) (Increases casting and recast Speed.)
    8. Introduce Geo-Concentration at level 88 (308 MP) (Increases casting and recast Speed.)
    9. Introduce Indi-Haste at level 95 (189 MP) (Increases physical attack speed.)
    10. Introduce Geo-Haste at level 99 (378 MP) (Increases physical attack speed.)
    (2)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12