Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Holy @$%! This just keeps getting better now that Geomancer is getting Enfeebling Skill and Sleep 1+2! I'm actually considering 8/8ing my enfeebling again. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    Luopans should behave more like a slowly dying avatar than a stationary totem.

Summon your geo-whatever and then use an Assault-type JA to pick its target so it can begin to slowly spew out its debuff effect. When the target dies, it returns to the Geomancer ready to be deployed on the next target.
    SIMPLY PUT, THIS. ↑↑↑↑↑↑

Spells just cost too much and I cannot speak for other servers but on ours, people don't even have the patience to wait for whm to buff in several events such as NNI, Salvage, Assault, Delve, why would anyone want to stand in one spot waiting for a luopan in a fast pace movement environment?
    I would say do more skirmish to get the Indi- spells into circulation, and a good amount of crafting items going around as well, until they add more places for them to drop. You get a nice pre-delve weapon as a bonus.

I've noticed in Delve lately that Geomancers are often in the main party similar to where RDM is normally placed in the alliance group, alongside PLDs. Indi-Refresh on yourself and WHMs and BRDs, and then Geo-Frailty on any NMs being fought inside Veils as well.

I think for NNI in parties with extra support and 3DDs (considering all your DDs are using Delve weapons), one Geomancer can scout around for extra NMs and do extra pulling ala RDM, and if by any chance we'll see any increase in range for Aura effects, Indi-Regain for two DDs that are close together on kill-all floors. Boss floors would be afflicted with Geo-Frailty, if your party members aren't moving around incessantly.

Salvage II has seen some use out of Geomancer- In AR II, Geo-Fend has been able to cut down damage on Fulmination when fighting Khimairas. Made the fight go smoother for one group who reported this.

Honestly, if we don't find Geomancer having any abilities to bust out more than one Indi- and/or Geo- spell, the job might have to settle on making itself a PDT set for double-buff situations. The only thing that makes this idea difficult is AoEs and such, where Geomancers would be in direct fire of them when using Indi- spells. If the enemy has no AoEs or Knockbacks, what's left to lose? If it does, keep your distance and improvise.

But also the job has no Cure, Stoneskin, Blink limiting Geo to use Whm/Rdm as a support job.
    /RDM and /WHM have always been stable subjobs to compliment jobs like BLM, SMN and SCH anyways. Why should Geomancer be any different? /SCH is only so situational to begin with for VW procs and access to sleep pre-adjustment.

Redmage Refresh 2 does it better
    Indi-Refresh + Refresh with /RDM. 5 + 3 = 8/tic, compare that to a solo 7/tic with RDM AF3+3 legs. Only way to make that even better is if GEO and RDM are in the same party. That way, 5 + 7 = 12! Plus, consider that there is potential for an extra tier of refresh past 400 Geo/Hand skill that will increase Indi-Refresh to 6/tic with Skill Gear and Merits.

One big turn off that has rippled through the land is that although SE updated so people can turn off geomancer effects- it's already left a scar and some people already have hate points for the fact that spells gave horrible lag.
    That never stopped Summoner from being used in alliance-based endgame. Again, why should Geomancer be any different? Oh wait, because somehow the animations trigger some players' vertigo, despite whether the claims were legitimate, or just a ridiculous excuse to keep complaining and spoil the job because they dislike the job as is. (Mother%#@ing fantastic.) Either way, it still won't matter.
    (2)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 05-30-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So given that GEO is very dependent on positioning, is there any chance that we'll see movement speed on either the artifact, relic, or empyrean feet? Currently, the only movement speed equipment available to GEO are Herald's Gaiters, one of the least accessible movement speed options in the game; or Desert Boots, which locks you into /sch, a support job that would otherwise not likely be used.

Please don't make us go back to Tiamat.
    (3)

Character
    Hexadecimal
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetidealism View Post
    So given that GEO is very dependent on positioning, is there any chance that we'll see movement speed on either the artifact, relic, or empyrean feet? Currently, the only movement speed equipment available to GEO are Herald's Gaiters, one of the least accessible movement speed options in the game; or Desert Boots, which locks you into /sch, a support job that would otherwise not likely be used.

This. Bard's Empyrean boots were given Movement Speed +. Geomancer would clearly benefit from having a similar item.
    (2)
    --
    Hexadecimal of Asura
    アスラのへクスデシマル

Character
    Hekuteku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Is there something wrong with what I said? What I mean by wow factor is (A specific trait that is in demand, loved and highly needed that can benefit the entire group of people on a massive level that no other job can provide), sure it is the only class that can debuff mobs in unque ways. It has potential to be a great job but as of yet, until AF, Merits, Emp/Relic etc is released, it's quite hard to play the job on gear pretty much every mage job can equip. Geomancer needs job specific equipment. Spells just cost too much and I cannot speak for other servers but on ours, people don't even have the patience to wait for whm to buff in several events such as NNI, Salvage, Assault, Delve, why would anyone want to stand in one spot waiting for a luopan in a fast pace movement environment?

Really SE, Indi Regen, Indi Refresh, Indi Gravity? Scholar Regen V does it better, Redmage Refresh 2 does it better. (And players can move around with these buffs up instead of parking near a luopan or having someone follow them around like a lost puppy)Gravity on Geo so far from what I've seen is annoying and would rather use a different spell than this. Instead of giving us skills that other mage jobs can do better, Geo should have all spells differ from other jobs. Sure boost spells are nice especially when they can reach higher than 10, but this isn't being unique, this is just throwing the same skills other classes have onto a job and slapping a higher boost.

Example SE gave us bar spells but then bard came out and received carols- same spell higher boost- is it good? Yes but people would rather have Marches and bar spells up rather than carols and bar spells. Therefore the majority of the time it's just another spell sitting in the list that's only used on rare occasions not because it's bad but because there are other options that people prefer over this. (Its good but Is it really needed? And this is how I see Geomancer job)

Ra Spells look like BLM ga spells except with different graphics. Now if SE allowed debuff effects to be inflicted with these spells it would make Geo different and unique. Imagine casting Blizzara and all mobs in the area got inflicted with damage and paralyze or some sort of down effect like magic defense down?

One big turn off that has rippled through the land is that although SE updated so people can turn off geomancer effects- it's already left a scar and some people already have hate points for the fact that spells gave horrible lag. And we know there always will be that one lazy person who doesn't want to take the time to turn off effects.

For the time being, spells do take way too long to cast and in most events, seconds matter. Not only do ra spells take up too much mp, blm ja spells are better. (Only reason why BLM still gets invites is because procs are needed with certain spells no other job can do) take away all BLM proc spells and then what have you? A job that can only deal magic damage? Most people prefer DD and healers because there is no wait time and with a DD who has REM, HASTE, Regain up, DD will out damage BLM in the long run.

Redmage use to proc in VW and then SE removed those spells that only Redmage could cast and now when do you see RDM get invited to this event? Would you really want redmage to cover T2-4/ Dispel when Sch can do the same plus support party better plus proc helix and give party regain/embrava?

I've yet to see any BLM get invite to delve or any Adoulin content. (Again this comes down to the point I'm trying to make, is it needed? Would you rather have this job over another that can provide a better benefit to the entire alliance?)

There was a time RDM was the only job with Refresh, until SE released Bard, Cor and then added massive amounts of Refresh gear to the point that RDM became watered down and now no one ever invites RDM for refresh. (Are you starting see my point on WoW factor?)

I just see Geo being one of those jobs that require patience, and we all know that most big events people don't have enough patience to wait on 1 job to cast a spell. Geo can't proc in Abby, vw, and on our server people just don't want to waste a spot in the alliance for a job that can't do any of the things I just stated above.

Up til now, we have survived getting things done without a geomancer, kinda hard to include the job now until it has some sort of skill or ability that makes Geo shine. Especially when the job has barely any job traits, job specific gear.

To me inviting a Geomancer now is like inviting any other job to a big event that has no REM/AF.

People invite scholar for Embrava, Regen V, Regain, +7 stat boost, Bard for Marches etc, Cor for rolls- until Geo has something that can benefit the entire party comparable or better than other support jobs, I just see Geo being left out in several events like Summoner. And we all know Summoner has pretty awesome stuff- Even with Perfect Defense, this job has become limited in invites. (This should be a lesson learned SE, people don't have patience for jobs that take too long to cast a skill or ability)

Enfeebling magic is way too low that renders the spells given from sub job useless in end game content. Even at level 99, capped enfeebling spells don't land at worm camp in Abby with Cruor buffs and atmas >.>

At any given time Geo is limited to having 1 Indi spell, and 1 Geo luopan up which is why when comparing other jobs is it really worth giving up 1 space for this class? It's bad enough as it is that an 18 man alliance would rather have Brd, Cor, Whm, Sch first before deciding if there's enough room for any other mage class to join so there is competition and here is where gear matters.

Geomancer is way too support to do things solo- sure Geo has tier IV spells, forget about ra because its not MP effecient to use outside of Abby. But also the job has no Cure, Stoneskin, Blink limiting Geo to use Whm/Rdm as a support job.

We all know its a cool job, it has potential, it's unique, but is it really needed? That's why I said it needs Wow Factor enough to convince leaders of events to invite the job all the time.

The job is not easy to play, it's hard for geo to follow people around especially on occasions where alliance has to split up. And really when do you see a mage standing near DDs?

As a person who has 13 jobs at level 99, I can't find any reason to sacrifice merit points to level geomancy and handbell over the other jobs I play. And I'm sure no one would want to start over a brand new character for 1 job, the amount of time questing, leveling, getting maps, gear, missions done...

Now what would make geo better is if Luopans and indi spells wasn't "party only" restricted.

If SE can get the people to love the job first maybe then will players lighten up and start inviting this class more often because there are many people who don't know what geo can do
    You do realize any LS doing delve boss runs is taking geo already, it has already proven its use 10x over what RUN has. If you don't see a use in geo you probably are not doing anything relevant that debuffing a mob would actually be used for, I really don't see a vast need to buff it outside of minor tweaks at this point.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    SIMPLY PUT, THIS. ↑↑↑↑↑↑
    No, it doesn't have to be that. Totems worked just fine in WoW. But they were quick to place and quick to re-place. Solving MP management issues and making them faster to cast is going to go a long way to making GEO easier to use.

You do realize any LS doing delve boss runs is taking geo already, it has already proven its use 10x over what RUN has. If you don't see a use in geo you probably are not doing anything relevant that debuffing a mob would actually be used for, I really don't see a vast need to buff it outside of minor tweaks at this point.
    This. Geo is already useful. All I'm expecting is some new buffs and debuffs at this point.

And really when do you see a mage standing near DDs?
    When that mage is a blue mage, very often.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-30-2013 at 07:46 AM.

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Geo may not have every proc spell but it does have some, which could give some relief to some of those jobs that have alot (like blm for example.)
    (2)

Player
    I was expecting SE to be creative and give unique spells that is not predictable.

Here's an example of my imagination:
    Geo Earth- deals earth damage, Reduces earth resistance 10%, randomly petrified enemy for 5 seconds but gives monster stoneskin.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    No, it doesn't have to be that. Totems worked just fine in WoW. But they were quick to place and quick to re-place. Solving MP management issues and making them faster to cast is going to go a long way to making GEO easier to use.

This. Geo is already useful. All I'm expecting is some new buffs and debuffs at this point.

When that mage is a blue mage, very often.
    Bluemage is not helpless like Geo, especially when blue can sleep, stun, pyric bulwark
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Guess they feel sleep will help survivability for geo when it's on the front line. Hard to get outta dodge if you're dead.
    Oh I definitely agree the job needs sleep. My biggest and most vocal complaint about it has been the inability to sleep stuff unless I'm /SCH.

I'm just surprised they allowed the actual sleep and sleep 2 spells, because they require enfeebling skill, which means GEO will now be able to stack enfeebles using all mage subs. I had expected a new sleep spell that took advantage of GEO's already native dark magic skill to avoid that. But hey, I'll take it
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetidealism View Post

Agreed! After native sleep, movement speed on the AF is my number 2 adjustment choice. No thanks on Herald's gaiters being required for this job to keep up with moving parties.
    (1)

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast