Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JouriStarz View Post
    There's always taking the time to skill up your skills before doing endgame related stuff.
    I have had SCH since it came out, using it everywhere, and the skill still isn't capped. I don't think you realize just how long it has been taking because of light/dark arts (and even without it, it takes a long time).

Thanks for the advice Mom, but maybe you forgot that stuff about appropriate level mobs. To get skill ups I have to fight stuff that will eat me alive without real crowd control. /SCH works well enough while I wait a few more years for the occasional 0.1s to show themselves.

----------------

Anyway... I don't think the luopan should be made mobile, however an ability to relocate it, with maybe a 1m recast or a small cost to the luopan's HP or something would be reaosnable given SE balancing practice.

I would like to see the range of the auras increased to 10', however.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-14-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    read first few posts then scrolled to bottom. in a fast moving party for enfeeb type loupans that you cast on monsters, if the loupan followed the mob then what happens to it when the mob dies? id more prefer a aura applied to a player if it was a buff rather than the loupan itself, but for enfeebs i dunno how that would work either.
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Anyway... I don't think the luopan should be made mobile, however an ability to relocate it, with maybe a 1m recast or a small cost to the luopan's HP or something would be reaosnable given SE balancing practice.
    I honestly don't agree to this :x

First off, what mechanic would even allow you to reposition the Luopan to the spell's target? By targeting them again? The fact that it would take a minute to reposition them doesn't really help anything but only just puts a bandage on a fundamental job issue. A 15-second recast like Pianissimo would be better, but I don't think it should consume Luopan HP to do it. Thematically, it would be more like surfing the life stream.

I would like to see the range of the auras increased to 10', however.
    I have a feeling this might come with AFGear or some other item, much like Luzaf's Ring. I'm not too worried about that as much as I am worried about how SE is going to manage merits, especially merited job abilities. Job Abilities have been game changers for a while (Last Resort), and I would hate to have job abilities for GEO that don't take the job in the direction that makes them versatile for alliance or 6-man groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    read first few posts then scrolled to bottom. in a fast moving party for enfeeb type loupans that you cast on monsters, if the loupan followed the mob then what happens to it when the mob dies? id more prefer a aura applied to a player if it was a buff rather than the loupan itself, but for enfeebs i dunno how that would work either.
    The Luopan will still be up depending on how much HP it has remaining.
    (0)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 05-14-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    I would like it if my loupan followed the monster or party member. Though if we didn't get a ja that could make it mobile I wouldn't mind one that allowed you to reposition it. Of course I hope they will put in that geocolour effect on/off switch or there will be even more groaning about a moving 1/2 sphere of omfg I'm gonna up chuck. Seriously if they chose to do either a mobile Loupan or one that you could easily reposition by it coming to where you were the job would be a lot better. Remember we still do not have any AF or relic or job merrits yet. Some of the other flaws of the job might get fixed by these things.
    some, yes, but I have doubts on whether the flaws fixed will be the major ones or not.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoatl View Post
    some, yes, but I have doubts on whether the flaws fixed will be the major ones or not.
    Same after all they could make Geo AF be like Smn AF and not help the job with its current problems. I wondered why many of my Smn friends wore more mostly Austere and not their AF. Useless AF no, thanks. AF that you will want to wear til relic yes, please. Hopefully the AF weapon/spell won't suck like oh so many of the older jobs.

I think everyone who is behind the mobile loupan would agree that if/when it's follow target died before it did it would come back to your or go stationary. Waiting for deployment again.
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    I think everyone who is behind the mobile loupan would agree that if/when it's follow target died before it did it would come back to your or go stationary. Waiting for deployment again.
    Full Circle and recasting debuff Geocolures will probably have to be the balancing act for dead targets. Same goes with dead party members for enhancing Geocolures. However, you do get the MP return%, and casting again on another target wouldn't be as much of a big deal as having to continuously rebuff a living, moving party. I can personally live with that trade off.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Yes but loupans are encoded as pets and any pet who the target it was set on goes back to it's master. In this case maker, so why wouldn't a mobile loupan go back to the Geo? It's HP would still be going down so of course you might have to use full circle and rebuff/debuff. Or just explode it... >.> lol
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I can pretty much guarantee you they're not going to make luopan mobile. Its far more likely that they can provide accomodations to make using luopan easier, like making them cast quicker and cost less. I'm being a bit cynical here, I admit.
    (0)

You cant make suggestions on a job that nobody knows how to play the job is too new, and it has no real gear. Your prob burnt your job either via ground of valor alliance or aby alliance SE really never makes a bad job in fact when people learn how to play it SE ends up lowering its stats. Why? because it was too strong. They have done this time and time again with almost every single job.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
    You cant make suggestions on a job that nobody knows how to play the job is too new, and it has no real gear. Your prob burnt your job either via ground of valor alliance or aby alliance SE really never makes a bad job in fact when people learn how to play it SE ends up lowering its stats. Why? because it was too strong. They have done this time and time again with almost every single job.
    Not every problem with a job can or should be addressed by gear. e.g. pets. They should solve the pet problem by improving innate characteristics of the pet/job, not giving out gear that patches up a deficiency. We equip gear with stats such that we enhance our capabilities, not compensate for deficiencies.

While it's great that PUP an item that boosts all automaton stats by a huge amount, it shouldn't have even taken something like that to make the automaton more relevant. Smaller gear boosts would have done the job if the pet stats didn't scale so badly.

Also, very few jobs in the game have been nerfed as too strong. Most of the time that doesn't happen, but the jobs that aren't too strong don't get what they need to compete. All kinds of awesome gear has come out but these jobs still have problems- problems that need to be fixed with systemic changes, not gear. Best example is SMN and blood pacts. 45s cooldown, with all the gear the game allows for getting it down that far, is still god-awful slow in the current environment. No gear can fix this because it's capped at -15 sec reduction. It very badly needs to be revised or SMN will never even pretend to be able to begin to start to fake the illusion of keeping up.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-17-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast