Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Are you using skill-up food to speed up the process? There's also that earring from a treasure chest in...I think it was Gustav? I can understand if no earring, but try some Pitarus.
    The main difficulty here is needing to use the job (without dark arts) to get skill ups, but nobody wants you to use stuff that's that gimp (and it's embarassing)- since you have to fight appropriate level monsters to get skill ups.

- no flexibility in moveing/dynamic partys (luopans that dont follow mob/players, indi-spells not castable on other pt members)
    I'd be fine with the way things are now in this area, provided that MP costs and casting times are reduced.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Honestly my main issue right now is just the long cast time and high MP cost of geocolure spells (luopans). I would not be bothered that much having to dispel them and summon them again if the party moves, but the fact that it takes so long and takes a huge amount of MP for the debuffs makes usage of the job very difficult in events where parties move around a lot.
    As much as you may hate me for it, GEO needs this. *runs*
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    As much as you may hate me for it, GEO needs this. *runs*
    We already have that. It's called Full Circle. But it only returns part of the MP spent, based on the remaining HP of the luopan.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    We already have that. It's called Full Circle. But it only returns part of the MP spent, based on the remaining HP of the luopan.
    Then it needs to scrap the thing about remaining HP of the luopan (which itself is probably to simulate a duration timer without the devs actually implementing one).
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Then it needs to scrap the thing about remaining HP of the luopan (which itself is probably to simulate a duration timer without the devs actually implementing one).
    I don't really disagree with the HP stipulation- why should I get a full refund of the MP cost after recieving nearly the full duration of the effect?

(I don't think they would reduce the mp costs if they were to do something like that)
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    why should I get a full refund of the MP cost after receiving nearly the full duration of the effect?
    You shouldn't. That's why the link mentioned a 25% refund. And I think it would make sense to have something along those lines, separate from the timer/HP thing.
    I don't think they would reduce the mp costs if they were to do something like that
    Chances are the MP cost is intended to affect your set up of the luopans, much like it is with totems. Recall/Full Circle being something to help you get something back if you're forced to move. Basing the amount on the remaining HP of the luopans is dumb, IMO, and you'd be better served by a percentage refund.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You shouldn't. That's why the link mentioned a 25% refund. And I think it would make sense to have something along those lines, separate from the timer/HP thing.
    Chances are the MP cost is intended to affect your set up of the luopans, much like it is with totems. Recall/Full Circle being something to help you get something back if you're forced to move. Basing the amount on the remaining HP of the luopans is dumb, IMO, and you'd be better served by a percentage refund.
    Under normal circumstances, the % HP remaining is the % duration remaining, thus the relationship between MP returned and HP makes sense, however you're punished by this system when you're in a high end event, where your luopan is likely to take damage and therefore see its duration reduced.

In short, the duration is never constant, becuase the duraiton is directly linked to the max HP of the luopan, and the max HP of the luopan is determined by your geomancy and handbell skill. thus, higher skill = longer duration (Also, healing your luopan via ability means more MP is returned) Because of this, the HP of the luopan is really the only thing they can base the return on.

Thus it isn't so simple. I agree it would be better if they simply lasted a certain duraiton, rather than their HP pool effectively being a timer, and then the luopan HP is solely about how much punishment it can take before being destroyed (I'm pretty sure the WoW totems have HP and can be destroyed, right?)
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-13-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm pretty sure the WoW totems have HP and can be destroyed, right?
    Yes, they have a very small amount of health and can be destroyed.
    (0)

Player
    The main difficulty here is needing to use the job (without dark arts) to get skill ups, but nobody wants you to use stuff that's that gimp (and it's embarassing)- since you have to fight appropriate level monsters to get skill ups.
    There's always taking the time to skill up your skills before doing endgame related stuff.
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    I would like it if my loupan followed the monster or party member. Though if we didn't get a ja that could make it mobile I wouldn't mind one that allowed you to reposition it. Of course I hope they will put in that geocolour effect on/off switch or there will be even more groaning about a moving 1/2 sphere of omfg I'm gonna up chuck. Seriously if they chose to do either a mobile Loupan or one that you could easily reposition by it coming to where you were the job would be a lot better. Remember we still do not have any AF or relic or job merrits yet. Some of the other flaws of the job might get fixed by these things.
    (0)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast