Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lesser Chigoes

Quote Originally Posted by Borland View Post
    No one was selling any chigoes on my server for a while so I tried out harvesting some in Grauberg, and I'm not sure how anyone could get more than a stack in an hour unless they were fairly lucky. (and this was me being the only person harvesting in the zone)

So the drop rate really isn't that cool.
    Have you been using H.E.L.M. gear? there is a huge difference when you don't have it on. Also i find it useful do do it on dancer for the movement speed and steps(for those pesky chigoes)
    (0)
    The Sublimely Magnificent Ject Shot Mark III

Quote Originally Posted by Areola View Post
    Have you been using H.E.L.M. gear? there is a huge difference when you don't have it on. Also i find it useful do do it on dancer for the movement speed and steps(for those pesky chigoes)
    I was under the impression Helm gear only helps you break less Sickles, does not enhance rate of rarer things. In fact i was 99% sure :X

I went there on THF in just empyrean armor and got a stack +~3 in about 1 hours work, no competition, no helm gear involved (none in stock). It is really the best way to get lesser's, but with competition it does suck a bit.
    (0)

Character
    Qkan
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    I've done the harvesting quite a bit myself and it really does average out to roughly 1 stack an hour. Some days you can do it faster and others will be slower. With HELM gear, I'd manage about 1 stack for 3 sickles lost. Never tried without HELM. I liked doing it on BST/DNC with Lulush and Glyph Axe. When I'd get Chigoes on me, it was simple to kill them with Pet Attack>Whirl Claws. If at 300% TP on Pet, she'd some times 1 shot them. In fact it was sometimes faster to pull the chigoes standing on a harvesting node and do this. Just be warned that just like in Abyssea, using the node while your pet is engaged will disengage it. Would pull random treants/goblins to build my own TP if I ever had to heal.

It's also not bad for some other items. One of the harvested items vendors for about 10k a stack and one other goes for about 10k a stack on AH (Vegetable seeds if I remember correctly).

Ziz meat is another thing that's almost never on AH. Sells cheaper, but just as fast (maybe faster). It's an easy camp and using Yuly gets about 1 stack about every hour. With cooking, you can probably convert to Bloodclaw's for increased profit. Just do the math before making them as server prices vary.
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I was under the impression Helm gear only helps you break less Sickles, does not enhance rate of rarer things. In fact i was 99% sure :X

I went there on THF in just empyrean armor and got a stack +~3 in about 1 hours work, no competition, no helm gear involved (none in stock). It is really the best way to get lesser's, but with competition it does suck a bit.
    The old HELM gear, yeah. One of those new bits they added as GoV box-drops increases the chance of getting better items though.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If I see a bunch of jerks lording over the harvesting points in Grauberg due to this thread I'm going to be pissed.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    If I see a bunch of jerks lording over the harvesting points in Grauberg due to this thread I'm going to be pissed.
    Thats not likely. But I'm always happy to see anyone else but me farming them. I stopped farming them out of pure laziness. 80-100k a stack of dippers doesn't seem like that much after a while, particularly when one dipper can make me about 150k(give or take) in 20min.
    (0)
    The Sublimely Magnificent Ject Shot Mark III

Character
    Cheesywotsit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Never really saw the price of yulys as too bad - supply however's getting mildly difficult, and it's the bandwagon bsts thinking it's the only jug around that racks the costs up as well.
    (0)

Player
    Hi bst freinds,
    1.steal from mobs with sub thf (sub thf Lv25)
    2.chocobo digging in Wajaom Woodlands (digging delay 0 sec, zoning delay 20 sec.)
    3.harvesting in Grauberg (many chigoes hopping around harvesting points)

I tried these 1~3, but I could get chigoes by harvesting.
    (maybe high skill players can do it by other two)
    For about 30 min. to 1 hour, i got 1 dozen lesser chigoes.
    Im be happy with you, thanks for tips ('ー')/
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by primel View Post
    Hi bst freinds,
    1.steal from mobs with sub thf (sub thf Lv25)
    2.chocobo digging in Wajaom Woodlands (digging delay 0 sec, zoning delay 20 sec.)
    3.harvesting in Grauberg (many chigoes hopping around harvesting points)

I tried these 1~3, but I could get chigoes by harvesting.
    (maybe high skill players can do it by other two)
    For about 30 min. to 1 hour, i got 1 dozen lesser chigoes.
    Im be happy with you, thanks for tips ('ー')/
    Even at 95 THF the Steal rate is horrible, Chocobo Digging is even worse.

Harvesting is the best.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3