Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    Which just greater enforces the need to directly adjust the pets...as in not binding it to gear.

Whether it's better to bind that to the players stats or directly adjust the pet's baseline states can be open to debate I guess. But the point is NOT requiring one to equip an item to make the pet scale to where it should be by default.
    Indeed. I've never been one for the "fix classes through gear" approach the developers took to since the TAU days. Pet design is clearly flawed and has been for years. A more in-depth fix is needed across all jobs, because even I realize that Pet: Stat gear is a band-aid the devs attempted to sneak in as a carrot on a stick for pet jobs.
    (4)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Quote Originally Posted by Samunai View Post
    seriously? "what about the rest of the jobs that actually need our pet to function at all?" you even play drg? as for function, PUP and SMN do need a pet to function but bst not, what does a pet bst do to your master? nothing... i dont know one pet that is used frequently that buffs a pt or w/e besides the fact the bunny can use wild carrot....But if u strip off the wyvern a DRG is so much less. it wouldnt be able to do the dmg it does now and it would not be able to solo at all, let alone take care of itself or pt members while being /whm. Is that not being a pet needed to be able to play the job? If you enhance your wyvern and 2hr, your 2hr is so much better so... You are seriously about what you say? Then you dont understand the job DRG at all. perm.
    *Ahem*

Let's take a look at the pet jobs and their pets, shall we?

Bst relies heavily on their pets. Bsts JAs are entirely pet-centric. The only non-pet focused JAs bst has are Feral Howl, Tame, and to a lesser extent, Charm, which can act like a ghetto-bind if the mob can't becharmed and you have no pet. Take away the pet, and you have a gimpy warrior who can't make use of war's strengths (berserk, aggressor, double attack, warcry, as well as retaliation and blood rage, and great axes), and DW at the same time, thus giving us a gimpy 1h axe war. Back when content was a bit more balanced as far as pets go, Bst damage was skewed about 40%:60% playeret, depending on the pet and the situation. That's shifted now, but it's not hard to say that the pet is still a huge chunk of bst's damage, and without their pet, they're dead weight.

Smn, well... the fuck can smn do without the avatar? Bash crap with a stick in shitty mage-quality melee gear? woopdefuck. Blm can do that AND nuke.

Pup, originally, was sort of the reverse of bst, where the player is the dominant half of the pair, and the puppet supports them. Unlike bst, though, every single one of pup's JAs requires or relates directly to the puppet. If the puppet isn't there, all pup is is a weaker mnk with worse gear due to pup's awful gear selection (though this has improved substantially, we're still regularly left off of gear that every other melee job is on in favor of mage gear that we don't even have a use for.). In the olden days, the damage split was 60:40 playeret for pup, again shifting depending on the puppet and the monster (ie: vs birds, sharpshot's piercing bonus made it a lot more even), but like bst, this has shifted, and now at best our puppet can maybe pull 70:30 in the right situation.

Now let's look at drg. What does the wyvern add to drg 99% of the time? A little bit more damage, a tp bonus on spirit/soul jump, and the occasional healing breath. What was drg's damage split way back? Oh yea, something like 90:10 playeret. What is it now? more like 95:5. What can drg do without their wyvern? All of their jumps, with only the tp gain of spirit/soul jump suffering, as well as angon, and their silly anti-dragon shtick. Oh, and they're a 2h weapon user, and get some pretty amazing DD gear.

Drg without their wyvern is still Drg. Bst, Pup, and Smn without their pets? They're reduced to gimpy versions of whatever they have subbed. Sure, pup suffers the least from this, but even a pup will feel the loss of their automaton a lot more than a drg will notice the loss of their wyvern.

So yea, drg is the least pet-centric of the pet jobs, so the rest of us would appreciate if the devs focused on the pets of the jobs who need their pets to function, rather than the one who barely knows their pet is there.
    (6)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

This didn't occur to me til just now but with all the delve weps, etc. going on I realize nin spells are going to be even more worthless damage wise. I mean they were situational at best against mobs specifically with high pdt but now they are as useless as twilight scythe I would think. I mean at least blu has the spell dmg adjustment coming along but what do nins that want to branch out their job's capabilities have to do?
    Delve screwed nin in so many ways its not even funny as other Dwielders have at least another option whilst nin is forced to use at best a skirmish wep offhand. I'm no main nin but seeing a job screwed in such a way makes me worry about what kinds of oversight is going on when making content and balancing jobs/battles.
    (3)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekin View Post
    Delve screwed nin in so many ways its not even funny as other Dwielders have at least another option whilst nin is forced to use at best a skirmish wep offhand. I'm no main nin but seeing a job screwed in such a way makes me worry about what kinds of oversight is going on when making content and balancing jobs/battles.
    Let me guess, you are complaining that there is no fracture boss katana yet, so you are forced to dual wield a delve katana with a delve dagger instead? Has it occurred to you that maybe said weapon will drop from one of the four remaining naakuals?

I was more upset about BST being able to dual wield two delve pet axes.. again. But then I realised the Alternator pisses all over those BST axes anyway (Then again, PUP can't use the Honed Tathlum AND Alternator, so I guess it all balanced out in the end.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Kristal; 06-12-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Let me guess, you are complaining that there is no fracture boss katana yet, so you are forced to dual wield a delve katana with a delve dagger instead? Has it occurred to you that maybe said weapon will drop from one of the four remaining naakuals?

I was more upset about BST being able to dual wield two delve pet axes.. again. But then I realised the Alternator pisses all over those BST axes anyway (Then again, PUP can't use the Honed Tathlum AND Alternator, so I guess it all balanced out in the end.)
    You missed the part about me not main nin. I have it leveled sure and some gear but the reason I'm not satisfied is because as a gamer I am not pleased to see a niche job lose part of its options and continue to be penalized for even having said weakened options once job adjustments comes around or when Devs have to consider gear for jobs.
    (1)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Character
    Presidentobama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    *Ahem*

Let's take a look at the pet jobs and their pets, shall we?

Bst relies heavily on their pets. Bsts JAs are entirely pet-centric. The only non-pet focused JAs bst has are Feral Howl, Tame, and to a lesser extent, Charm, which can act like a ghetto-bind if the mob can't becharmed and you have no pet. Take away the pet, and you have a gimpy warrior who can't make use of war's strengths (berserk, aggressor, double attack, warcry, as well as retaliation and blood rage, and great axes), and DW at the same time, thus giving us a gimpy 1h axe war. Back when content was a bit more balanced as far as pets go, Bst damage was skewed about 40%:60% playeret, depending on the pet and the situation. That's shifted now, but it's not hard to say that the pet is still a huge chunk of bst's damage, and without their pet, they're dead weight.

Smn, well... the fuck can smn do without the avatar? Bash crap with a stick in shitty mage-quality melee gear? woopdefuck. Blm can do that AND nuke.

Pup, originally, was sort of the reverse of bst, where the player is the dominant half of the pair, and the puppet supports them. Unlike bst, though, every single one of pup's JAs requires or relates directly to the puppet. If the puppet isn't there, all pup is is a weaker mnk with worse gear due to pup's awful gear selection (though this has improved substantially, we're still regularly left off of gear that every other melee job is on in favor of mage gear that we don't even have a use for.). In the olden days, the damage split was 60:40 playeret for pup, again shifting depending on the puppet and the monster (ie: vs birds, sharpshot's piercing bonus made it a lot more even), but like bst, this has shifted, and now at best our puppet can maybe pull 70:30 in the right situation.

Now let's look at drg. What does the wyvern add to drg 99% of the time? A little bit more damage, a tp bonus on spirit/soul jump, and the occasional healing breath. What was drg's damage split way back? Oh yea, something like 90:10 playeret. What is it now? more like 95:5. What can drg do without their wyvern? All of their jumps, with only the tp gain of spirit/soul jump suffering, as well as angon, and their silly anti-dragon shtick. Oh, and they're a 2h weapon user, and get some pretty amazing DD gear.

Drg without their wyvern is still Drg. Bst, Pup, and Smn without their pets? They're reduced to gimpy versions of whatever they have subbed. Sure, pup suffers the least from this, but even a pup will feel the loss of their automaton a lot more than a drg will notice the loss of their wyvern.

So yea, drg is the least pet-centric of the pet jobs, so the rest of us would appreciate if the devs focused on the pets of the jobs who need their pets to function, rather than the one who barely knows their pet is there.
    Blu's feel the same way about their magic. We are dual wielders with DA right now.
    (1)

Character
    Golliath
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Please Camate tell the person that makes these calls to quit their jobs... If they can't at least listen to their players feedback. Use a little logic please. Why not just add a merit job trait for pet jobs that fix the gap?
    (3)
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Golliath

Save a Chocobo ride a Galka!

Character
    Golliath
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I swear my posts are getting deleted... As I sad... why not give a merit point Job Trait or just a lvl99 Job trait that fixes this issue? Fire the person responsible for these failure decision and hire someone that listen to their player base. This is business after all. I cant wait for the new FFXIV so I can quit this game once and for all. And hopefully the 3rd time is a charm on that game... it would look bad on Square ENIX IF It failed again... Just saying... Give us something good and we will shut up about it. GDI.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    * Puppetmaster
    Addition of animators that have stats to increase the parameters of automatons.
    Just a thought, but what if existing animators could be augmented with exchangable augments, rather then entirely new animators? The augments would be exchangable via a NPC, similar to abyssea atmas and voidwatch atmacites, and upgradable similar to voidwatch atmacites. Unlocking augments would be done similar to unlocking attachments, via obtaining monster drops and crafted items and trading them to a NPC.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Golliath
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Is it possible to give Geomancers Enhancing Skill instead of enfeebling skill? In my experience with GEO it would be much more helpful.
    (0)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast