Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Job Adjustments for the Next Version Update

Greetings!

Below is a comment from Producer Akihiko Matsui in regards to adjustments to take place in the next version update.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    In the next version update we will be making the job adjustments outlined below.

There are still aspects that have not been finalized, but please look it over as an outline of things to come. Once I have more concrete details I will be sure to share them with you all.
    • Elemental magic adjustments
      We will be making the adjustments outlined here.

• One-handed weapon status modifier adjustments
      During the version update on March 27th, we performed adjustments so that "The maximum amount of damage dealt based upon the attack-to-defense ratio is now the same for both one-handed and two-handed weapons." As a next step to this, we will be adjusting the way in which status modifiers are applied.

• Pet job adjustments
      As long as characters are not increasing in level (fundamentally), pet job levels as well will not increase, so we are making it possible to further enhance pets through the equipment players wear. Below are the different plans we have for each of the pet jobs:
      • Beastmaster
        Addition of new familiar pets

• Dragoon
        Addition of polearms that have stats to increase the parameters of wyverns.

• Summoner
        Addition of grips that have stats to increase the parameters of avatars.

• Puppetmaster
        Addition of animators that have stats to increase the parameters of automatons.

• Geomancer and rune fencer adjustments
      Addition of artifact equipment, merit points, and limit break quests.
    (35)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    That's a very very bad idea.
    You can't force jobs to equip certain items to receive marginal boosts to their pets. What if Dragoons what to use another better Polearm? What if SMNs want to use another different grip?
    What if BSTs want to use another pet and boost that instead of using one of the new ones?

Guess this doesn't apply to PUP since Animator is an unique equipment that they're forced to equip anyway.

In my opinion the only possible way to have a fair and balanced improvement of pets conditions is to have what we could call SCALING. Which is exactely the same as pet jobs are handled in 99% of the other MMOs.
    You can't have the scaling be too big in a game like FFXI of course, it should be small, a small additional bonus that is calculated according to the master stats.
    This way the stronger the stats of the master, the stronger the bonus the pets will receive.
    Of course this bonus has to be small, so that "Pet: ..." gear will still be interesting to some extent, at least in certain slots, but that's where trial&error and a good balancement shows.
    Imho it's the only possible solution, otherwise you'll be forced to develop more and more and more gear with every patch.

I mean... I like additional "Pet: ..." gear, I LOVE it, but you can't build the balancement of pet jobs around that. It should be a nice specific option, not the "key" to the balance of pet jobs.
    (37)
    Last edited by Zhronne; 05-10-2013 at 05:13 AM.
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Sooooooooo, RUN/GEO jobemotes? Y/Y?

I mean, this is crucial!!!
    (21)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Puppetmaster
    Addition of animators that have stats to increase the parameters of automatons.
    We already have an animator that gives +70 to all automaton stats- please take your adjustments in a different direction, thanks! Gear in *other slots* that gives haste to both master and pet would go a long way to closing the remaining power gap between PUP and other DDs.

Summoner
    Addition of grips that have stats to increase the parameters of avatars.
    Nice and all, but it doesn't address one single fundamental issue summoner has right now- most of which are not really stat-related at all.

Dragoon
    Addition of polearms that have stats to increase the parameters of wyverns.
    most DRG use their wyvern as a support tool. I doubt any weapon you could create will buff the wyvern enough for anyone to care.

Geomancer and rune fencer adjustments
    How about nerfing the ridiculous MP costs and casting times of geocolure spells? If you're not able to convince your party to pull monsters into your aura radius, you end up constantly having to cast and recast your luopoan in different locations, and this both burns your MP like fire burns gasoline and wastes your time since they take so long to cast.

As long as characters are not increasing in level (fundamentally), pet job levels as well will not increase ...
    Camate, can you please explain to the dev team how fundamentally flawed their logic is here? Yes, we won't be increasing in level, but with the massive power jump in gear recently, we sure will be getting a lot stronger. Pardon my language here, but with a DMG:150 staff available, you'd need to release some pretty *#&^$ amazing grips to make up for the difference in player vs pet stats. I mean, I can cast a cure or two or take 2-3 swings from a DMG:93 staff and pull hate from the pet doing like 1500 damage, so giving me an even better weapon means the gap that the pet would have to make up is even more massive.

Pets need a NATURAL POWER INCREASE- not gear-based stat boosts. Summoners and Puppetmasters both need ABILITY ajustments to reduce the job ability delay burden and line up their pets ability to do damage with the current pace of battle in the game (e.g. cut BP timer and BP delay- items at least in half)

Honestly, I know people think I'm a white knight for SE all the time, but as a big fan of the game's pet jobs, I certainly have a lot to be frustrated about here, so I hope people agree with this.
    (47)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-10-2013 at 05:27 AM.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    It is....it is so beautiful...
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Pardon my language here, but with a DMG:150 staff available, you'd need to release some pretty *#&^$ amazing grips to make up for the difference in player vs pet stats. I mean, I can cast a cure or two or take 2-3 swings from a DMG:93 staff and pull hate from the pet doing like 1500 damage, so giving me an even better weapon means the gap that the pet would have to make up is even more massive.
    Well Tahn... You and I are in full agreement here. These grips better be mini-R/E/Ms for avatars in their own right so to speak. I am very dissapointed and hope this isn't the extent of their "adjustments" for smn.
    (26)
    My other car is a summoner.

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Are there any plans to address the fact that blue magic is so anemic that it now has the same or less base damage than a Dagger while simultaneously not being able to go above 1.0 ratio on most targets?

Not even going to mention magical ones, those are just a joke from the Dev Team I feel.
    (14)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    Are there any plans to address the fact that blue magic is so anemic that it now has the same or less base damage than a Dagger while simultaneously not being able to go above 1.0 ratio on most targets?

Not even going to mention magical ones, those are just a joke from the Dev Team I feel.
    I've also wanted to ask in addition that for the Dev team regarding if will we be learning any new blue magic spells soon?
    (7)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Excellent, thanks! This is what I hoping for the most.
    (1)

Character
    Dinah
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think polearms for buffing/enhancing the wyvern is alright, but I have a better suggestion.

Suppose there is a way to create "Collars" for wyverns that can be equipped in the DRG ammo or ranged slots. These collars could have different effects to use on the wyvern, while keeping DRG from having to give up DPS in the weapon slot.

...or depending on difficulty implementing it...how about making the Wyvern function similar to an Automaton so that you can equip items to him much like attachments? Say up to 3-4 "attachments" for the wyvern would grant the boost to wyvern power that DRG has always requested.

I've always felt the lack of interactivity with your wyvern is a drawback. It doesn't have to be gamebreaking stuff to enhance them, but maybe just cure potency + items or items to make Haste Breath? I dunno. Anything other than require polearms.
    (24)
    *Dinah logs in to the official forums. Dinah's faith in hume-anity declines by .9*

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast