Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Thank you so much for taking into account the original direction this development course has taken for so many years... I refer to the R/E/M weapons and their vision as being the "ultimate weapons" for their class.

I understand based on the above that you have decided to change this view with the introduction of Delve weapons--I also understand that, based on your comment that the original plans have been changed, that this was not initially considered or effectively brought to the table.

I would like to suggest that in the future, should you decide on a course for this late-stage game, 11 year old MMO, that you do not do so, so haphazardly. I have been an on-going subscriber since 2003 and my subscription has never lapsed. I also own only one lvl 99 empyrean which I feel, as a casual player--not entirely hardcore for a few years now--I have seriously invested much of my time, energy, and gil into to create. The notion that there are those who have done even more based on the original vision regarding R/E/M weapons and the fact that this would be tossed aside so haphazardly, is a little disturbing.

I do acknowledge and hope, based on your change of plans, that you are more careful as it relates to "significant" game playing adjustments in the near and far off future--so that you take into account, not only from a game play perspective, but also from the perspective of an established "tradition" the development team (pre-2009 development team) themselves created--not to undo it all because of "some vision"--to the degree that it eclipses what an entire player base has been accustomed too.

Again, I believe you are on the right track and look forward to continuing my subscription, as well as trying the new content in greater depth, now that I realize all of my efforts (concerning my R/E/M weapon) has not been without merit.

(3)
    Last edited by xiozen; 05-10-2013 at 05:32 AM.

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The proposal sounds great. I'm looking forward to playing now, I feel like I'm building towards something again.

Camate, can you perhaps ask the Dev team if they'd consider allowing post-ToAU jobs to use Relics since they are no longer the "Ultimate" weapons? I think their reasons for not allowing newer jobs to use them was that they'd be too powerful.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    so for weapons like Laevateinn, Murgleis and Tupsimati, will these be receiving just the attack and accuracy+ as well, or will you provide them useful stats like "all element affinity DMG/ACC+5/6" or something that isn't just "more magic atk. bonus". judging from the delve and skirmish armor, it seems like melee potency is getting a significantly larger increase than magic potency (barring avatars)
    (1)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    so for weapons like Laevateinn, Murgleis and Tupsimati, will these be receiving just the attack and accuracy+ as well, or will you provide them useful stats like "all element affinity DMG/ACC+5/6" or something that isn't just "more magic atk. bonus". judging from the delve and skirmish armor, it seems like melee potency is getting a significantly larger increase than magic potency (barring avatars)
    I can only surmise based on the post that the team would need to look at each type (R/E/M) of weapon individually and determine the most effective adjustment necessary for that job. So your observations are spot on; as I am also confident that they will ensure they address those areas of the job (via the weapon) that makes the most sense.
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Antanias
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Will newer jobs be able to utilize these weapons? ToAU and forward can't use relic and RUN and GEO aren't able to equip empyreans. I'd like to see RUN utilize Ragnarok
    (2)
    "Tonight on the Vana'diel Report, a poor innocent player lost a valuable 10-15 seconds of their lives by reading Antanias's signature."

Character
    Leiberfond
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hello, and thank you Dev team. This post really does make me very happy and enough to register on the forums and make my first post to you guys. I think that most everything that was proposed is a good if not great idea but there are some things I would like you guys to consider.
    1. If You are going to use the Coin Weapons to unlock Empyrean Weapon Skills (not a bad idea) consider making them unlockable if you did the Empyrean path as well. Possibly Coin Weapons unlocking Weaponskill at 99 but Empyrean Unlocking weaponskill at 90.
    2. With Mythic and Empyrean Weapon Skills unlockable can we get a quest to unlock Relic weapon skills as well. Possibly a WeaponSkill point trial using the Stage 1 Relic with no upgrades. (this does make the "In Dynamis:" unlock on stage 4 somewhat useless though.
    Thank you dev team for your consideration and these updates.
    (1)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Antanias View Post
    Will newer jobs be able to utilize these weapons? ToAU and forward can't use relic and RUN and GEO aren't able to equip empyreans. I'd like to see RUN utilize Ragnarok
    As would I. Or atleast get access to the WoE weapon to get Torcleaver.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Lottto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    To start off, I still need to discuss the implementation period with the rest of the development team, so it will be a bit difficult to address this immediately in the next version update, and we cannot make any promises as to when this will take place.
    While it doesn't seem bad, it still means the R/E/Ms users will be stuck with useless weapons for a few months at least.

Also you're planning to make the R/E/Ms as an alternative, well guess what, people who invested their time and money in those weapons made it to be able to use the best possible weapon. If the Delve weapons are better we won't use our R/E/Ms just because we "like them".
    (5)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Will Emp WSs unlocked via WoE weapons be usable with Mythic AM3? I'm sure your sword stats are just a mock up but if your intention is to have the 3 somewhat closely balanced you have overlooked the powerhouse that would be a Conqueror spamming Ukko's fury with occasionally attacks twice or thrice.

Edit: I think I smashed 2 points into one post so to clarify.

a) Mythics DPS has always taken into account that they have additional utility properties (yes some of them are terrible) and a crazy good AM3.

b) I believe that the strength of the associated WSs were accounted for initially as well. After some magian trials and some merits WSs though, the balance was shifted quite a bit putting some Mythics very far ahead of their counterpart Relic and Emp. If you look at Ryunohige for example, it already has access to the strongest available WS in addition to it's aftermath and currently very competitive base damage. Due to this it absolutely crushes Gungnir and Rhongomiant.

You are looking at creating similar situations across the board if you give mythics the highest damage rating best aftermath and access to the very powerful Emp WSs. I think mythics should probably be a bit ahead of anything else due to the massive effort required compared to the other weapons but I don't think the gap you would be creating is what it should be.
    (4)
    Last edited by Insaniac; 05-10-2013 at 06:01 AM.
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    Will Emp WSs unlocked via WoE weapons be usable with Mythic AM3? I'm sure your sword stats are just a mock up but if your intention is to have the 3 somewhat closely balanced you have overlooked the powerhouse that would be a Conqueror spamming Ukko's fury with occasionally attacks twice or thrice.
    sshshhhshsshshshshhh i already traded in a sturdy axe (which could very quickly change into laev or murgleis if they get affinity+) as a hope to only play paladin about half the time rather than all the time!
    (0)
    Last edited by Phafi; 05-10-2013 at 05:51 AM.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast