Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotto View Post
    While it doesn't seem bad, it still means the R/E/Ms users will be stuck with useless weapons for a few months at least.

Also you're planning to make the R/E/Ms as an alternative, well guess what, people who invested their time and money in those weapons made it to be able to use the best possible weapon. If the Delve weapons are better we won't use our R/E/Ms just because we "like them".
    it's people like you why we can't have nice things. I'm not trying to completely discredit what you said, but if you think about it I'd hope you didn't think that they were going to release a new expansion with more alternatives, and more content (I. E. Gear/weapons/ect.). I'm excited now we have options, that's all i got out of his post is that they're going to give us "options" when it comes to delve weapons or we still wanna use the items we've spent years on. that some people will continue to spend years on.

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    Will Emp WSs unlocked via WoE weapons be usable with Mythic AM3? I'm sure your sword stats are just a mock up but if your intention is to have the 3 somewhat closely balanced you have overlooked the powerhouse that would be a Conqueror spamming Ukko's fury with occasionally attacks twice or thrice.
    I'm sure it'll be just like the Mythic weaponskills... unlock-able but useless, now they might have a couple that are good, but if you remember correctly Mandalic Stab Thfs EVERYWHERE used, and people still unlock just to use Leaden Salute. So I'm sure it's going to be along those same lines .
    (1)

Character
    Momokiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Mr. Matsui needs to keep in mind that a choice between weapons is only a choice if the overall performance between the two weapons is VERY close. If he plans to continually outclass RME in terms of performance he needs to understand that he is effectively eliminating this concept of choice that he is mentioning. Further, if this proposed RME upgrade system is not dynamic to continually adjust with new tiers of Delve content, this is going to continue to be a problem until the servers go down. So, I don't understand how he could imply that this isn't going to need constant changing as the game moves forward. Peoples' feelings are not going to be different in 6 months to a year when 400DMG weapons are out and this all happens again.
    (6)

Character
    Biglovin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

r/m/e

I call shit on this. Can you say wasted time. r/m/e were made to be the best and you just obsolete them in one fell swoop then say we will give you a little bite of something better but will let the world eclipse you in your effort to appease the "casual" player. r/m/e were made to be top weapons and should stay that way.
    (11)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    sshshhhshsshshshshhh i already traded in a sturdy axe (which could very quickly change into laev or murgleis if they get affinity+) as a hope to only play paladin about half the time rather than all the time!
    I'M SORRRYYYY!!!!!!!
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Yay to Ragnarok War coming back lol
    (2)

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I call shit on this. Can you say wasted time. r/m/e were made to be the best and you just obsolete them in one fell swoop then say we will give you a little bite of something better but will let the world eclipse you in your effort to appease the "casual" player. r/m/e were made to be top weapons and should stay that way.

did you not see the stats on the new swords, they're trying to throw us what we want, but again like I said before they want new good content, which is why they've introduced the new weapons. The main reason why they had to release stronger stuff was because this is the first actual expansion pack (even ad-on) since the raise to lvl 99, meaning there was NO difficult content prior to SoA, which is great for old players since we erred on the side of Harder = funner, I just think that things have gotten too easy (remember to build a relic you used to have to be part of a giant dyna ls, and every entrance, you HAD to pay to enter and most the time you just wanted equipment anyway)
    (2)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Why would I spend 300million gil on a corvette, when i can get a camaro for 30k plasm?

This seems like an acceptable change to me even though i still think they're back asswards on that point.

Perhaps since RME will no longer be the best, we can see some currency requirement reductions. Papa needs a new Conqueror.
    (7)
    Last edited by Raksha; 05-10-2013 at 06:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Areayea View Post
    did you not see the stats on the new swords, they're trying to throw us what we want, but again like I said before they want new good content, which is why they've introduced the new weapons. The main reason why they had to release stronger stuff was because this is the first actual expansion pack (even ad-on) since the raise to lvl 99, meaning there was NO difficult content prior to SoA, which is great for old players since we erred on the side of Harder = funner, I just think that things have gotten too easy (remember to build a relic you used to have to be part of a giant dyna ls, and every entrance, you HAD to pay to enter and most the time you just wanted equipment anyway)
    Personally, I think they need to do as he is proposing asap, THEN once SoA's content is fully released, relics should be put back on top again. Basically, let Relics temporarily take a backseat through SoA, then once SoA is completely implemented Relics get another boost. This would let new gear have it's time.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kojo; 05-10-2013 at 06:24 AM. Reason: If I misspell "through" one more time..
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Buramenk'ah 99 Sword DMG:130 Delay:240 STR+13 Accuracy+25 Attack+25 "Double Attack"+3% RDM / PLD / BLU

that's the strongest new sword... now just for funs sake we're gonna compare that to the hardest of the R/M/Es to get (keep in mind that no matter what you get Aftermath when you have the R/E/M so that's another booster) the mythic, the stats are

DMG: 131 Delay: 264 Attack+20 Accuracy+20 Enmity+18 Physical damage taken -18% Reduces Enmity decrease when taking damage. "Atonement" Aftermath: Increases Acc./Atk./Occ. Attacks twice or thrice

Burtgang now officially out does that sword, so... I think that they're just awkwardly now going to make them all on par with eachother... again so now we have D/R/E/M weapons

even if you compare the easiest (let's be honest 1500 HMPs isn't THAT hard to get...) the almace, it's stats are:
    DMG: 114 Delay: 224 Attack+20 Accuracy+20 DEX+20 "Chant du Cygne" Aftermath: Occ. deals double damage

looking at that you realize it's a little less delay (which is better anyway for 1 handed weapons) and it still has it's aftermath on it's ws plus a stat booster, where as the sword just improves the fSTR values, which the attack does anyway on the new Almace.

So just by looking at these, they're grinding their teeth while they say now the relics/empys/mythics are ON PAR with the new Delve weapons
    (0)

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Personally, I think they need to do as he is proposing asap, THEN once SoA's content is fully released, relics should be put back on top again. Basically, let Relics temporarily take a backseat through SoA, then once SoA is completely implemented Relics get another boost. This would let new gear have it's time.
    tbh I'd rather have options, nobody has acquired one of the new delve weapons anyway, I think that the bosses of delve are a lot harder than we're letting on (remember to make the craftable weapons YOU HAVE to get a drop off one of the Delve Naakuals), were as the new R/E/M stats are much MUCH better than the plasma weapons.

plus this might be a good time that they're going to revamp mythic weapons... since that's been needed for years (since they assumed that mythics were going to be like these new weapons and "everyone can get one")
    (1)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast