Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

While adjusting REMC - Gimped offhanding while dual wielding

With all the adjustments going into lv99 REMC, I feel now would be a good time to reraise the issue of relics and mythics being gimped when in the offhand. The last time this issue was discussed was under a different director so I would like to ask Mr Matsui to please seriously consider changing whatever programming that prevents these weapons from being effective as an off-hand weapon

Taking katanas as an example:
    Kannagi will give the +AGI stat regardless of whether it is in main or offhand

BUT

Kikoku 95/99 gives +35/40 Attack main hand and NOTHING offhand
    Mythic bonuses also give NOTHING in offhand

If someone has put in the hard effort and money to make a 99 relic/mythic then they should be given the right to receive full bonuses if they choose to offhand these weapons. I would say that it would be fair to require a person to 99 the weapon to receive the bonuses in offhand, but I would assume from a programming perspective it would be easier to allow it to work for any level weapon.
    (32)
    Last edited by Mayoyama; 05-10-2013 at 03:46 AM.
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I think that the weapons being in the offhand prevents you from equipping say a relic dagger and relic sword at the same time to get the effect of both weapons. This could be overpowered.
    (0)

Overpowered maybe pre-adoulin... but now... lol.... and are you meaning the aftermaths or just the base stats?

I am purely asking for the stats and/or added effects to be allowed.. nothing regarding ws or aftermaths relating to those ws

And if the stats are allowed for empys, why not open it up for relics and mythics also?
    (17)
    Last edited by Mayoyama; 05-10-2013 at 03:47 AM.
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Well...I am amusing SE is going to listen to the players this time around and make them the best weapons again. I think this might take about 3 to 4 months tho...
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    Overpowered maybe pre-adoulin... but now... lol.... and are you meaning the aftermaths or just the base stats?

I am purely asking for the stats and/or added effects to be allowed.. nothing regarding ws or aftermaths relating to those ws

And if the stats are allowed for empys, why not open it up for relics and mythics also?
    It will be just as overpowered post audolin when they buff the dmg on the weapons.
    (1)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    At 75 it might have been overpowered, but not at 99. Level 99 has done more harm to balance than dual wielding RMEs ever could dream of, and now they went another step further with the latest weapons. I'm seeing exactly zero reasons not to allow full on dual wield benefits anymore, and the only reason to not do it is because it wouldn't benefit 100% of the playerbase, unless their plan is to tell us to stuff it on RMEs and to get a new weapon, then I suppose that's another reason.

And I'm just going to shoot this down right now, if mr. warrior wants to DW RMEs then he can put down his GA and go get 1h RMEs and DW them to his heart's content on ninja or thf or bst/nin or whatever. We've been there done that with 2h job arguments and it never goes anywhere but "yeah well if I can't have DW then you can't either! nanananana, naaa!"

SE and many of it's customers tend to throw around "over powered" a lot. I'm not sure any one of those people understands just what the term means. When we can get freely buffed through gear progression or crafted meds the abilities of crit hit rate and crit hit damage, for example like RR atma outside of Abyssea, in all areas of the game, THEN we shall have over powered problems. Until then, understand that me dual wielding a Vajra in my offhand is not going to suddenly give me RR atma like powers. It merely puts me ahead of the THF without x2 RME, and that is really where the problem comes down to - FAIRNESS.

Fairness. Plain and simple. It's not fair despite me working for it so I can't do it. Period. It's not about power. It's about fairness. Fairness for the war/sam who can't DW great axes. Etc examples. Politics should be left out of gaming, but it rarely is. And THAT is why we can't currently dual wield 1h RMEs. Nothing more, nothing less.

But if people really want to talk fairness, they can start about why it's fair for RMEs to even exist. They are obviously not designed for 100% of the playerbase. So explain to me why RME and such are fair game but not dual wielding RMEs. You may start BSing in... 3... 2.... 1.... GO.
    (2)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Buffed RME in main hand with maxed out delve wep in offhand vs Dualwielded RMEs... nope dont see any form of "overpowered" here....

That argument died when they added delve weapons to the game

EDIT: In fact, I am pretty sure in many cases the new delve weapons would be supperior at max level anyway.... at least removing the offhand gimping allows me the option to make some use of an otherwise multi-million dollar paperweight
    (2)
    Last edited by Mayoyama; 05-11-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    Buffed RME in main hand with maxed out delve wep in offhand vs Dualwielded RMEs... nope dont see any form of "overpowered" here....

That argument died when they added delve weapons to the game

EDIT: In fact, I am pretty sure in many cases the new delve weapons would be supperior at max level anyway.... at least removing the offhand gimping allows me the option to make some use of an otherwise multi-million dollar paperweight
    SE said and have even post what will happen to the R/M/E weapons. They are going to get a damage upgrade that will make them the best weapons in the game again.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatmonkey View Post
    I think that the weapons being in the offhand prevents you from equipping say a relic dagger and relic sword at the same time to get the effect of both weapons. This could be overpowered.
    Yes....because RDM would suddenly become a bad ass instead of just up to par with the rest of the game on DPS if they allowed the only job that can dual wield relics the full benefit of them.

Hide the women and children.
    (6)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Brians
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 12
    But if people really want to talk fairness, they can start about why it's fair for RMEs to even exist. They are obviously not designed for 100% of the playerbase. So explain to me why RME and such are fair game but not dual wielding RMEs. You may start BSing in... 3... 2.... 1.... GO.
    I can't stand people like you.

They're fair because everyone has the same opportunity. Your impatience and/or laziness doesn't make it unfair, it makes it so you don't deserve one. Do you get mad and call it unfair when playing an offline RPG and you don't put the effort in to get the ultimate weapon? No? Then shut the f*ck up.

Relic type weapons are supposed to be rewards for the dedicated, not some sh*thead that wants a weapon handed to them.

I bet you complain that someone that works harder and longer than you makes more money than you too.
    (5)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast