Character
    Tsol
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Magic Barrier casting/recast

Hello,

I didn't see it on here so I wanted to let you know that I found a glitch while using the Blue Mage spell Magic Barrier. When cast upon yourself without any other buffs up, it works fine but if I cast Diamondhide on myself and then try to cast Magic Barrier, Magic Barrier will act like it's casting and then MISS once the casting is complete and the status effect does not show up. I can then proceed to cast it again and again before its recast timer is up.
    (0)

Player
    Stoneskin and Magic Barrier occupy the same slot in buffs/debuffs, and they do not stack or can be up at the same time. Like Haste/Slow, Bio/Dia, Fanatic's/Fool's Drink, or other buffs/debuffs.

If you want Magic Barrier, cancel stoneskin. Want stoneskin, cancel Magic Barrier.
    (0)
    Last edited by Thoraeon; 05-10-2013 at 03:29 AM.

Character
    Tsol
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I was unaware that that was how the two effects worked, so that makes perfect sense as to why when I cast it, it kept missing.

The real issue then is that I was able to continually cast Magic Barrier on myself without the recast timer being up. The base recast on it is 1 minute so I should not be able to cast it immediately after the spell animation completes. I used the recast command and checked my spell list to see that the recast time was working properly and in the spell list, the spell was grayed out as it should be. I was not casting from the spell list though, I was using a macro that I had set up for it. If Diamondhide was down, everything worked properly.
    (0)

Tsol,

Thank you for providing us with this information regarding Magic Barrier being continuously recastable. In order for us to fully investigate this matter, please provide us with the following information:

Platform:
    ISP:
    Type of Internet Connection:
    Internet Connection Speed:
    Date & Time:
    Frequency:
    Character Name:
    Race:
    World:
    Main Job:
    Support Job:
    Area and Coordinates:
    Party or Solo:
    Steps:

These issues will help us to verify and investigate the matter, Tsol. I thank you, again, for providing us with these details. Have a great day!

~GM Baudle
    (0)

Character
    Tsol
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    PC
    Charter Internet
    Broadband/Cable modem
    5/7/2013 ~11:00PM CST
    Frequency: I don't know
    Character Name: Tsol
    Race: Hume
    World: Fenrir
    Main Job: Blue Mage
    Support Job: Rune Fencer
    Area: Horlais Peak/Horns of War
    Party
    Steps:
    1. Cast Diamondhide on self or have some one cast it on me via Diffusion
    2. Activate macro to cast Magic Barrier on self
    3. Wait for spell animation to complete
    4. Activate macro to cast Magic Barrier on self
    5. Repeat steps 3 and 4
    (0)

Greetings Tsol,

Thank you for filling out the template as requested. I have made sure to submit your information to the development team, and they will make sure to thoroughly investigate this matter, based on your report. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that a direct response will be posted on this thread, but I do recommend consulting http://www.PlayOnline.com or http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/fo...ersion-Updates for any details about the development team's investigation. Thanks again for your report!

GM Bublex
    (0)