Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    @OP don't forget your spikes! seriously, that 1 or 2 procs of para is often the difference between life and death. Also, what's your sub? people on any job can do alot off of their sub. cures, debuffs, etc, all things that can if used wisely increase your survival. And be patient, until our merits and JSE come out we have no idea what those will bring to the table. There is also ALOT to be said for "pick your battles", different jobs stand up to different enemies in different ways. Rune is designed to be good against magic damage, and barring a run of stupid luck it generally is, the flipside is that physical mobs are a pain. Also, mobs that use shadows, we attack too slow and have no stun for interrupt, and lacking a good AoE offensive ability we can't instistrip the shadows-unless our SJ lets us.
    (0)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I disagree.

Fighting Arch-Ultima as RUN/WAR with agressor up, using foil still made 50% of the TP moves miss me. I understand that this could have included parry procs, but not all of them.

With refresh 2 from RDM, I had no problem cycling flash and foil, oh and with just max haste gear and haste spell, the recast on foil is low enough to full-time it. Which you want to do for the enmity as well.
    Actually I have a question about that as an aspiring RUN myself - I've been taking the slow route (been shouting for 6 man parties and the like - just hit run 66 today) - today was probably one of the first times I felt like an actual tank really since I had enough things in my toolkit to help me survive - subbed blu for cocoon and with flash/foil and the like I really had no real issue keeping hate off the 2 drks and nuke happy blm in our party.

That being the case, I did feel like I did need an awful lot of support from the bard and Geo in the party to upkeep flash and foil - I'm a galka and I have a much smaller MP pool than a taru. At 99 do you see this being an issue even if I were to have a rdm assistant?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shibayama View Post
    That being the case, I did feel like I did need an awful lot of support from the bard and Geo in the party to upkeep flash and foil - I'm a galka and I have a much smaller MP pool than a taru. At 99 do you see this being an issue even if I were to have a rdm assistant?
    Generally not, though if you fully buff at the start of a fight you might need to wait a min to replenish some MP before jumping in.

Stoneskin, Aquaveil, {Embolden} Shell V, Phalanx will drop ~100 MP from your pool. Maybe you could counter this by using a +MP set for buffing before a fight. Your only issue then would be if you wanted to recast Shell V if the fight lasts longer than 20 mins.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2