Character
    Losie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 75

Dear SE/Dev folks

Can we go ahead and get RUN finished, please? It'd be really nice.

I don't think anyone knows what in the world to do with RUN right now, besides ignore it completely as a result. There's no way there's a reason to replace a PLD with one because Ochain/Aegis, and to make RUN exceed ochain/aegis PLD is pretty unfair to them, so you kinda itemized yourself into a corner on that one, which was extremely short-sighted itemization to say the least. Heads up: Making one item that is a super pain to get that pretty much is the end-all-beat-all of a class is ultimately a bad idea if you plan to keep running your game for a while, it will bite you, just as all the RME stuff has now development wise.

RUN is already being relegated to a second-rate DD just by merit of having no real other purpose. I can't even use valiance to buff a tank/dd party without pulling insta-aggro due to that super helpful adjust in enmity amounts. If yet another melee DD is where we're gonna be, then fine but.. well that's a whole different ballgame.

So yeah.. You guys released RUN/GEO back in March, it's May 1st now and we're sitting around twiddling our thumbs. You can't release a job into the present game environment without merits/RME/relic/etc. and expect anyone to give it much more than a second glance.. and those of us who were dumb enough to start back with FFXI due to being excited about the new job(s), and were too stupid to remember how DNC/SCH looked at first, are kinda SOL. There's some neat ideas but thus the execution has proven slipshod. Step it up a notch and please get this stuff done, or at least tell us when to anticipate being an actual playable job, so we can quit/spend months gearing something else properly in the mean time, at least.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Just for reference purposes, there is a very valid reason SE waits on merits/JSE gear. RME weapon/bell won't come until the story arc of SoA gets closer to an end so you can expect a year or two.

My THF actively uses 2/5 AF (TA and Flee macro'd in), 2/5 Relic (TH+2 and boots+2), and 5/5 Empyrean (because empy).
    My SAM actively uses 1/5 AF (Meditate), 3/5 Relic (1hr boots+2, Meditate+2, RATT head+2), and 5/5 Empyrean.
    My SCH actively uses 3/5 AF (Light/Dark Arts, HMP, Sublimation), 4/5 Relic (Stormsurge+2, 1hr+2, Enhancing+2, Fast cast), and 5/5 Empyrean.

Very obvious to see I use more of the JSE with SCH than with either of my two other jobs, because they weren't rushed. They were thought out. Notice how Empyrean is always 5/5? Because there was a lot of time involved with those pieces. Also of note is the +2 Relic. More time was put into those than the older versions. Now lets take a look at the new jobs.

RUN can use a lot of light armor and makes good use of it, such as Thaumas gear from NNI. Could use some more DEF and -PDT, but you obviously can't have everything. It uses runes and eats magic damage. Reasonably straight forward, I can see letting JSE slide here but there are major JAs and traits that could be enhanced through gear. Merits on the other hand are what will take RUN from second rate DD to sub-aegis PLD tank.

GEO uses mage class cloth armor and is relatively expected to stand within beating range. It casts all new buffs and enfeebles that are enhanced via skill and JAs completely separate from itself, and its only closest relative is BLM or RDM in regards to nuking. As it is, this job is suffering from skill, comparative buffs/debuffs, and geographical limitations. It is a job with enormous potential but with current gear it really can't do a whole lot. I believe PUP comes to mind... This job NEEDS good JSE/merits or it will not survive, much like SCH and PUP.

That being said, it has been only just a little over a month (you're cheating on the month description because it was released late march) so no I don't expect nor want half-baked JSE/merits. Give me something good I can use. I wouldn't be surprised if we get it in June, but I will say no later than July.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    there is a very valid reason SE waits on merits/JSE gear.
    Which is, the longer you have to wait, the more you have to keep paying.
    (0)

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    Just for reference purposes, there is a very valid reason SE waits on merits/JSE gear. RME weapon/bell won't come until the story arc of SoA gets closer to an end so you can expect a year or two.

I hope your wrong, high on something, or that SE doesnt think like this. (although I expect they do) waiting a year or more for something that should have been added (then tweeked if needed) in the last two patches is unacceptable and stupid. at the very least we should have had merits by now.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Volarione View Post
    I hope your wrong, high on something, or that SE doesnt think like this. (although I expect they do) waiting a year or more for something that should have been added (then tweeked if needed) in the last two patches is unacceptable and stupid. at the very least we should have had merits by now.
    You would rather have a legendary class weapon immediately tangible that they will later have to buff/nerf (more likely nerf because SE), than wait? Empyreans weren't finishable until VW entered its final stages, and those were things introduced with the release of Abyssea. Mythics as well were also unattainable until you had captain rank. Relics you need to have access to Dynamis - Xarcabard. There is a process to legendary weapons, and while we don't know what this one will be yet, I can guarantee you you won't see it until late this year.

Regarding merits/JSE, as I mentioned it has only been a month with 1 patch in between. Hardly enough time for a good diagnostic. Look to next version update for something I bet. Complain after that one and I'll consider it valid.

Edit: Leaving the above up, but inb4 I told you so.
    (0)
    Last edited by Delvish; 05-10-2013 at 07:14 AM.
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!