Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Character
    Archades
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i know a lot would not agree with me but, id be willing to accept the timer if they would increase the potency of the BPs to match. Or SE forbid new BPs that match the potency of new gear. id be up for quests to unlock em or such.

I just think they need to realize that even as a mage, we aren't the same as any of the other mage.
    (1)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Correct, we don't. But, think about it if we did. Sure you could use your strongest BPs Back-to-back for a load of damage over a 5 min period, or you could use every buff from every avatar at the start of a fight; but then you'd be out of MP, and out of the game until ele siphon/sublimation/convert were back up, or you'd healed up enough again.

Or, you could find your own balance of buffing, DDing, refresh/idle gear, HMP gear, Ele siphon gear, maybe even HP gear to use just for sublimation, or convert.

We're already severely limited by MP as to what we can do. there's no reason to limit us by timers as well.
    Oh I completely agree. I was just saying that we don't NEED it to be that high... just a slight buff of 50% would put us back into play...

the BP timer and lack of scaling are what makes smn... not very good....
    comparatively!

An 80% redux cap would be... wonderful... though it will never happen.
    I'd rather ask for a slice of cake, rather for one the size of my room... Because when I get it... I know I'm not going to be disappointed in the one that will actually happen.
    lol if that makes sense.

Basically:
    we absolutely need higher cap to keep up with everyone else.
    we don't need to eclipse the other jobs...

Sure it would be nice... but it's not NEEDED for us to actually be useful.

Basically, I compare SMN to BLM in terms of how limits should be.
    Both are mage jobs and thus limited by their MP pools and skill more than anything else.
    AND both fit into the archetype of "DD". (the three rpg archetypes are DD, Tank, and support btw, all jobs are either one or a combination. SMN isn't solely DD, but for this comparison, we'll look at only the DD aspects.)
    But the difference is that BLM have no delay between use of their offensive spells. And now, even less so.
    A BLM can spam -jas and tierVs until they have no more MP... And thus produce a great deal of damage.
    A SMN... can't. For the soul reason of that damn 45s timer.
    Sure, the BLM is limited from spamming thundaja via the recast timer... but they have 5 other -jas that can be cast immediately.
    And while SMN shouldn't ever be better or even equal to a BLM in terms of DD.... it should be COMPARABLE.

We don't want to invalidate another job by exceeding their only role... namely because SMN is versatile. We can DD... under the right, very specific conditions, we can tank... we can even be support through the massive list of our buffs and our AoE healing... (if I had to rank us, we're mostly "DD" and "support" with a small touch of "tank")

A BLM is the top of the magic-DD, and SMN shouldn't be better than them...
    but we're SO far behind them in terms of DD... and it's pretty much all the damn timer's fault.

If it was uncapped or capped at 80%, then yes, let the crappy SMNs show how bad they are at MP management...
    But this is just a pipe-dream... especially with that gil safe... so that people don't over bid on the AH.....
    We need the delay cap increased... but let's not demand more than what we know we'll ever get.
    Then we'll just be disappointed forever.
    (1)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8