Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeil View Post
    Then I did, indeed, interpret your comments incorrectly, and I apologize.

Specifically, it was the following comment that made me think as I did:

The bonuses from the alternator are exactly the sorts of things I feel we should be getting via gear. I read your comment to be taken as saying that those sorts of bonuses should be given to avatars, period.

The idea that Summoner's actual problems could be fixed via gear is so patently ridiculous that it's never even occurred to me that SE might try to do just that. Of course, after all these years I should probably have learned better than to assume things like that...
    don't complain TOO much or your gear boosts may go the way of bst gear to get our lvl 99 thf pets naked 99 thf TH. yeah, that's right, I went there...
    (1)

Character
    Umisith
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I like grips idea, its good way to add more dmg to our avatars. Avatars dmg must be increased by equipment, and new grips will be like weapons for DD jobs. I know that summoner job should be fixed but at least this will be a good update for us. Not all is dark.

I want to test new grip now!
    (2)

Alternator does more than just +70 to all stats, IIRC there was a solid increase in acc/atk/macc/matk as well, not just from the STR/DEX/etc... I think there was talk it may also effect a bit more than that... But I don't recall the tests on it... Regardless, to the point.

If they plan on releasing grips for SMN That effect pets as amazingly as the grip for Automatons, Then I probably won't be too concerned with the future of SMN, if anything, it'll at least be a more solid Solo job when I'm bored and want to shattersoul stuff.
    (3)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacia View Post
    People complained because instead of addressing fundamental gameplay flaws the dev team saw fit to just add a new item. It doesnt matter what kind of stats the grips have, unless it can lower the hard-cap on my bloodpact timer it won't mean anything significant.
    This. It would have been one thing for the devs to say "Avatars will scale with their Summoners' stats up to a point, determined by summoning magic skill and other relevant stats like MND/INT/Accuracy/Magic Accuracy. Summoning magic skill's contribution to avatar stats when summoned will also be adjusted". The grips would be icing on a change like that.
    (3)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Komby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i think paths for delve gear are limted to mages and DDs only, i dont seepath for smn, pet acc, pet mac acc or pet MAB, even for the gears bst can use, they didnt add anything, hope they fix that soon, i'd like to get some Pet MB on Bokwus Circlet: DEF:43 MP+100 Summoning magic skill +7 Avatar: Increases magic accuracy "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10
    adding pet mab to this piece should becool but all you can do is
    A: M.ACC
    B: MAB
    C: ACC (LOLACC)
    (1)

so much potential for adjusting pets just seems to be lost to SE. Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to what they add by way of grips. A bit upset though, after making additional staves to swap in to compensate for some shortcomings on SMN---a lot of time will have been wasted making them once they are replaced by a new grip. I am also a bit concerned about the method for attainment, which poses a whole other can of worms if it's a ridiculous method to get an item added to fix a job's native problems.

There is all that gear that we already have that boosts skills, or individual attributes like INT/MND and such that could be used as a scaling mechanism for pets to help bring them up to par with where they should be as a weapon of choice in comparison to the scaling of the weapons of choice for non-pet jobs. Let's face it, for some jobs the pets are their main contribution, and not the master (or at least they SHOULD be). Many pets are so far behind on key attributes....just bogggles the mind that SE is not seeing the need to balance that first and foremost.
    (2)
    Last edited by RAIST; 05-17-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kombys View Post
    i think paths for delve gear are limted to mages and DDs only, i dont seepath for smn, pet acc, pet mac acc or pet MAB, even for the gears bst can use, they didnt add anything, hope they fix that soon, i'd like to get some Pet MB on Bokwus Circlet: DEF:43 MP+100 Summoning magic skill +7 Avatar: Increases magic accuracy "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10
    adding pet mab to this piece should becool but all you can do is
    A: M.ACC
    B: MAB
    C: ACC (LOLACC)
    I cant find where but I remember them saying three upgrade paths on gearsets before SoA came out so I doubt they'll fix in this go around. Hopefully in the next update they add 3 more delve gearsets with that in mind.
    (0)

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimerawizard View Post
    I cant find where but I remember them saying three upgrade paths on gearsets before SoA came out so I doubt they'll fix in this go around. Hopefully in the next update they add 3 more delve gearsets with that in mind.
    I doubt this as well, but I really hope they do go over these augments and align them to work on our pets. Right now, Yaskomo's pole aside, there isn't anything augment wise on the Delve gear that works on avatars. As a smn, I wouldn't bother augmenting or working towards this gear. Yaskomo's is awesome, but the int and mnd + on path B is for the summoner. I wish it worked on the pet too.
    (1)
    My other car is a summoner.

@tannlore That sig. Is awesome!
    (0)

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimerawizard View Post
    @tannlore That sig. Is awesome!
    Gracias. It was drawn by Kingfury here on the forums. Don't know if he's still taking commissions though. He did Karbuncle's also
    (0)
    My other car is a summoner.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast