The little things act 3 [spoilers]

Felt like adding a new thread for little fun facts or other things you noticed or questions you've always wanted to ask.

Previous threads

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/12313-The-Mysteries-of-Vana-Diel

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/7057-The-little-things-in-the-game-Spoilers

As far as new things, something I noticed while working towards the final fight in ACP is that unlike a lot of other Final Fantasy games, the crystals themselves seem to be working against us. While their light is typically seen as a good thing and they do sustain the world, it was their will that led to Eald'Narche deciding to reunite the mothercrystals and destroy Vana'diel. Their holy warriors appose you and even a small version of the main crystal or something like that tries to do the same thing.

Additionally, unless I'm mistaken, the crystals that we are most familiar with for synthesis are actually formed from the emptiness inside the mobs we fight, which is wierd as the emptiness itself has qualities that remind me more of the Void, which the light of the crystals banishes. I guess in essence that would make them dark crystals? Additionally in the final battle for CoP and Apocalypse Nigh we see the emptyness used as a weapon for our side, which is also really odd.
    (0)

Bit of another thing I noticed when doing salvage, each of the remnants areas has an empty holder for an astral candescance in it's boss room. Possibly a reference to the dropped story regarding the other candescences. Though one has to wonder where Aht Urghan got it's holder, did they build it? I haven't done Nyzul all the way, is there one at the top of that? Additionally knowing that the ruins are the old body of Alexander, it's highly likely that the remnants areas are the legs, and Nyzul Isle is the head. Though, does that mean that we are actually going down when doing Salvage?
    (0)

You can see the crag of dem from grauberg_s. Promathia was shown in chains in hall of the gods long before the release of CoP. That's some cool foreshadowing there.
    (0)