Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shenten
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'd love to get a proc mechanism on enspells that would halve the cast time of my next elemental damage spell from that school: EnThunderII => proc (figure out the non OP ratio on how often it should proc) , shorter cast for my next Thunder IV cast. I don't want to be turned into a small WAR, I'm a mage, I want to use melee+magic to do so. I want to melee and put my MP to support myself, the group and if I have extra MP to burn, throw magic damage in without killing my current melee DPS. I'd love to melee to trigger procs that enhance my ability to either support the group or deal damage thru magic. To me that would make sense regarding the class.

RDM is a support mage, it's not a DD, should'nt be either.

Anyway, proposing stuff appears to be pointless, best chance is to see it on another job old or new.
    Guess if you want to be a melee dd magic mage you roll BLU , and if you want to be hybrid casting only mage you go SCH.
    (3)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenten View Post
    RDM is a support mage, it's not a DD, should'nt be either.
    Have you played a RDM in any other Final Fantasy game?
    (2)

Character
    Shenten
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    No but I guess we are on the FFXI forum at the moment ? right ? That how it feels like at the moment. You can't have access to everything : dd, magic, support all the time at will and compete with any DD like BLU/DRK, etc. That would be OP.
    (1)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    RDM has a place, has always had a place, heck they even forced a place for it in Delve NM fights (well most). The thing you're ignoring is the players choosing to use other options over RDM because most of it's abilities/spells/effects aren't exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    Have you played a RDM in any other Final Fantasy game?
    Have you played SMN on any other Final Fantasy game?
    (2)
    Last edited by Zagen; 05-09-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Shouldn't you be making a thread asking SE to fix Summoner in that case?
    (2)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    Shouldn't you be making a thread asking SE to fix Summoner in that case?
    I'm sorry where did that say I wanted it fixed? Apparently that went over your head, in other versions of Final Fantasy Summoner by end game (sometimes sooner) was one of the highest forms of damage yet in FFXI it's far from that. In other words using how RDM works in other versions of Final Fantasy as dumb as comparing other versions of SMN.
    (3)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm sorry where did that say I wanted it fixed? Apparently that went over your head, in other versions of Final Fantasy Summoner by end game (sometimes sooner) was one of the highest forms of damage yet in FFXI it's far from that. In other words using how RDM works in other versions of Final Fantasy as a comparison is dumb.
    In other games Summoners were also not complete jokes for the majority of the game. Comparing XI's Summoner to any of the past incarnations is like comparing a guy with a cardboard sword vs a guy with a damascus sword that shoots lasers.

Either way, trying to lean on the crutch excuse of "this is FFXI" does not negate RDM's issues and lacking design. Thanks for the bump, though.
    (1)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    In other games Summoners were also not complete jokes for the majority of the game. Comparing XI's Summoner to any of the past incarnations is like comparing a guy with a cardboard sword vs a guy with a damascus sword that shoots lasers.

Either way, trying to lean on the crutch excuse of "this is FFXI" does not negate RDM's issues and lacking design. Thanks for the bump, though.
    Heh got the quote/read in before I fixed the last part.

I don't disagree RDM needs a bump to make it more appealing, to me that would be give it a 100% boost to enfeebling effects and it's much further along for people who're not just interested in zerging through stuff. But then you have more RDM soloers doing stuff because of how weak that would make monsters.

"This is FFXI" isn't a crutch excuse, this is a MMO meaning you have be able to balance a job so that it's appealing to others not on the job while still not making it too powerful on its own. The gimmicks in Delve are a nice way to do that and picking enfeebles a GEO can't have permanently on a monster were a nice touch too. The problem there is a RDM isn't truly much of an "Expert Enfeebler" this allows other jobs to use the same spells just as effectively.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    RDM is what it is, and it's back. And it's fabulous!
    (0)

Player
    RDM has a place, has always had a place, heck they even forced a place for it in Delve NM fights (well most). The thing you're ignoring is the players choosing to use other options over RDM because most of it's abilities/spells/effects aren't exclusive.

Have you looked at RDM's Combat Skills on this game?

Put it simply, we have access to some melee gear, our primary weapons have always been swords and daggers, we have subpar skill in Club, NO SKILL IN STAFF, we are not meant to be a mage only. We are meant to melee in some capacity, we always were meant to since the dawn of our creation, the problem is we have started to lack the necessary gear as well as the fact we lack the buffs, at a time our buffs were enough, with time, they have grown more and more out of date. An Attack buff and more melee gear would be more than enough to put us back on track, see BLU mages, they are a hybrid, something we are supposed to be, but we are not like them, we are much weaker. When someone gets a BLU its for a Hybrid, when someone gets a RDM they almost always expects a mage, there is a problem with that.
    (4)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast