Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    It takes about 8 hours to get a delve weapon from start to finish. Do you really think that these are that much better than delve weapons? Or is this newspeak for "We have other stuff we'd rather be doing so suck it up losers"?
    not really the best comparison ochain is still godly even at 90 unlike other emps, when they release a sheild that s***'s all over ochain then you have a point.

on topic, yes this system sucks but at least the rewards are still worth the effort, there wasnt a day that went by that i didnt want to drown a bag of kittens because of it, fact is with the way the game is now even my aegis is reduced to town gear if im on pld 90% of the time i use ochain, was it worth all the hell to make it?....YES
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We understand that the system is difficult but the rewards such as Ochain and Daurdabla are on an equal level. In a previous version update, we did increase the rate at which Abyssite upgrades and there are no further plans to adjust this system.
    Do you not understand how stupid this system is? Let me explain why we hate it...

First off, you are trying to claim a NM, which is invisible, and you have to fight some random amount of times for an upgrade, now the first one spawns quickly, lots of them in multiple zones, so its not to bad. But then the second NM, the T2, now you are not alone in camping these most of the time, there are hoards of people, 2~3 parties on average whenever I went to do mine, and its on a 10~15 repop timer. So now you get to fight a NM, which is invisible, you have to /heal to find, which stops you from moving and often allows others to pop it before you, and the KI might not upgrade even if you do get the NM. Now say on average we all get a pop in a cycle, that means if there are 2 other parties, I can get 1 NM every 30~45 excluding fight time and pop time, now, what are the rates for upgrading? 20%? 25%? Lets go with 25%, so once every 4 pops I get a KI to pop the T3. Now lets do some math... 1 NM every 30~45 minutes, Ill go with 40, so 40, times 4, is 160, now 160 divided by 60 minutes is 2 hours and 40 minutes. So it would take me roughly 2 and a half hours for a single KI for my T3 NM. Now say it takes 20 minutes to pop and kill this NM, thats about 3 hours now. So 3 hours have gone by, the other 2 parties are still around, and I killed my NM and got lucky, 2 souls! Now how much longer will it takes? 3 hours per 1~2 souls, say on average I get 1.5 souls, thats 3 souls every 2 kills, that means 75 Souls takes about 50 kills, so about 150 hours spent inside Abyssea, farming, fighting with other people for claim on a single invisible NM roaming around randomly. Assuming all of this you have spent nearly 6 full days inside Abyssea doing nothing but this, competing with other people for this single NM, and there are a lot of things I am leaving out too, retiming, getting buffs/atma, remaking T2 pops, and so on, so really its probably more like 170 hours in total, a week in Abyssea for a single stage of a trial.

Does that accuratly explain the pain of doing this?

Why we hate it is simple, only 1 pop, KI changes and you have to get another, people fight over the single pop constantly, and even when you finally get ahold of it you can not be sure you will get the KI you want, nor can you force it like anywhere else in Abyssea... and so on, its a simply painful and stupid cycle of annoyance and frustration for players.
    (19)

Pretty much what I was saying without an actual time estimation.

Why is this in the game? Is there any specific reason why at this point for this to be bottlenecked this badly? This is the definition of artificial difficulty. There's no reason for it other than to waste as much time as possible.
    (13)

Character
    Antanias
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Why not make the t3 vnms in the Visions and Scars areas drop Colorless souls? (oh right, they're weaker nms and ppl would instead farm those.)
    (13)
    "Tonight on the Vana'diel Report, a poor innocent player lost a valuable 10-15 seconds of their lives by reading Antanias's signature."

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by woie View Post
    not really the best comparison ochain is still godly even at 90 unlike other emps, when they release a sheild that s***'s all over ochain then you have a point.
    That was sorta my point. Delve weapons shit all over previous weapons and are a million times easier to get, so the whole "it's so hard because the reward is so good" thing is BS. Don't make a weapon that craps all over everything and takes one day to finish and then tell me that some other weapon has to take months to complete because it's equally as good.

ON TOPIC:

This trial is annoying. No one anywhere ever found it fun. It makes us hate you. we don't want to be haters. Break the cycle.
    (17)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 06-05-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We understand that the system is difficult but the rewards such as Ochain and Daurdabla are on an equal level. In a previous version update, we did increase the rate at which Abyssite upgrades and there are no further plans to adjust this system.
    While I agree that the rewards of ochain/duradabla are very nice rewards, those items are requirements for a PLD or BRD in delve. A player could have all the best gear aside from those two and still a pathetic waste of a spot if they don't have empyrean.

This is the true problem, those items are basic requirements for those jobs to do end-game nowadays, bottleneck is an actual issue thanks to that. Either create new items that are almost as good as lv90 versions or make that trial quicker.
    Three ways to make it easier were already mentioned in this thread. make Red proc 100% upgrade (you can lower upgrade when red is not proc'd), increase the # of spawns, or add colorless souls to the list of drops for T3 VNMs in Vision & Scars areas. I greatly prefer making the trial quicker.
    (11)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'll echo the sentiments presented over this page. The rationale for keeping things untouched is rather poor.
    (6)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Bizniztyme
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    This is the dumbest system i've ever seen in any game ever, whoever thought of this system needs to be slapped.
    (10)

9. 06-06-2013 02:28 AM

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It takes about 8 hours to get a delve weapon from start to finish. Do you really think that these are that much better than delve weapons? Or is this newspeak for "We have other stuff we'd rather be doing so suck it up losers"?
    LOL delve shield isnt better than Ochain and there is no instruments on delve equal or superior to Empy Harp. However reduce repop on VNM should be cool and helpful.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikom View Post
    LOL delve shield isnt better than Ochain and there is no instruments on delve equal or superior to Empy Harp.
    Yeah, that's why people are complaining. If there was a delve shield or harp that smashed the empy harp / shield the way the weapons do, no one would care. They would just make the delve harp / shield. But there aren't delve shield / harps that smash the old ones, so bards / paladins have to go through a bunch of BS that other jobs don't.

Never mind the fact that these trials were obnoxious even back when empy / relics were the best across the board.
    (6)

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast