Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    I'd actually say it's about as likely as getting 75 souls in 24 hours

The only reasonable way I see that happening is by shouting to buy pops in town, and actually offering enough gil such that people will bite
    I have gotten 75 souls in a 24 hour period.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Good for you? I never said it was impossible. But the upgrade rate being what it is, you have to have the luck of God Himself in order to get all those souls on your own in that time frame, which is why I said the only reasonable way I see it being done is with purchasing pops.

Having done many 4-6 hour stretches myself without an upgrade, it's not totally unbelievable to hear about 12.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    As someone else pointed out before, this is basically impossible.

1 hour, per T3 NM, per zone. If there are 3 zones, which there are, and you need 75 souls, which you do, and you need them in a 24 hour period, which you claim... You have to kill every single T3 as soon as it pops, and with single drops that would net you 72 exactly, if you got only 1 per kill. Now if you got 2 per kill, you could kill just 2 zones NMs as soon as they were up and you would be done in about 19 hours. So are you seriously telling me you camped 2 zones at the same time and killed their NMs as soon as they were up? Or did you camp all 3 zones for around 15 hours? Also this is assuming you got double drops on each kill. If it was 1.5 drops per kill, which I saw an average of when doing my Souls for Ochain, then you would need to camp all 3 zones at the same time, killing the NMs as soon as they pop, for roughly 17 hours?

All in all, that seems like a fairly unlikely or near impossible statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    I never said it was impossible. But the upgrade rate being what it is, you have to have the luck of God Himself in order to get all those souls on your own in that time frame, which is why I said the only reasonable way I see it being done is with purchasing pops.
    Even if you purchased pops, it would take 1 hour to repop in every zone. Mathematically speaking if you were to kill every NM in every zone the very instant they popped so far as I know that would mean 72 kills, as every time I killed a T3 it was exactly popped 1 hour after the time of death of the last, I never saw an earlier repop. Going by that, not even factoring in the kill time you would have to kill them roughly 50 times for all souls by my average, meaning you would have to do it literally the entire 24 hours and have roughly 25 minutes to kill them each time, not counting the time to pop them, or time to buy them and get in zone, or time to change zones.
    (5)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 06-30-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Honestly that's not likely at all.
    And yet on at least 3 different occasions I went 0/9~0/12 on T2-T3 upgrades. Which again I say, worst case scenario.

Believe it or not, a lot more people than you think end up on the unlucky side of the "not likely at all" RNG.
    (3)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Yea, ok.

It's borderline statistically impossible. Sure, that means it IS possible, but the improbability of it essentially makes it impossible.

For the stars to align and this to become possible, you would need to camp all three zones, without any competition, and get all the VNMs as soon as they pop, killing them in a sufficient amount of time. This is with the calculation of 1-1.5 souls per drop on the T3. If you got two souls on EVERY SINGLE KILL, which is a statistical improbability so absurd it can't be seriously considered, you would still need to farm two zones for nearly 20 hours under perfect conditions.
    (5)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We understand that the system is difficult but the rewards such as Ochain and Daurdabla are on an equal level. In a previous version update, we did increase the rate at which Abyssite upgrades and there are no further plans to adjust this system.
    Hmmm maybe I have no further plans on paying for the game anymore, seems like SE is pretty good about pushing customers away recently. Well good for you'
    (2)

Character
    Kormak
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Godofgods View Post
    I went 0/70 on upgrading a t1 to a t2 before. After that i never hunted them on purpose again. (And no, i did not already have a t2.)

With upgrade rates fairly low, and sooo many ppl camping them, and camping them over and over and over at that, its really an insain process. I realize the reward is high, but still, you could effectively spend months working on this and not be any closer to getting it.
    There is a system in place where you can Upgrade T1 >T2 1st time, every time. Just because you haven't figured it out and want all the answers spoon-fed to you doesn't mean there is an issue with it.

As previously mentioned the T2-3 is about 25% chance, therefore in empty zones riding all the timers you can get 3 T3 pops per hour with no luck. More with good luck and less with bad luck.

As SE said the rewards are still 2 of the best items in the game.

And for the past 3 month during GMT 5pm - 9pm all 3 zones have been empty on Asura.
    (0)

Character
    Danial
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kormak View Post
    There is a system in place where you can Upgrade T1 >T2 1st time, every time.
    do tell? >_>
    (1)

Character
    Leocon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm on the fence with this issue... Having finished a 90 Ochain back in March-April, I had to deal with a HELLUVA lot of competition from all the people rushing to make them, so I definitely agree the upgrade rate is too BS, even at 25% for T2-3... but at the same time it felt like a real accomplishment (yeah, yeah, virtual rewards LOL video game accomplishments blah blah) when I finally finished Ochain, and tbh Azdaja, one of the supposed worst NMs from Abyssea, felt like a bloody cake walk after the VNMs.

So I do agree the upgrade rate is horrible, but the idea of making them 100% is just too boring. Just look at delve. If anything I'd suggest making red proc increase the upgrade rate to 50~75%, so there's still at least the fake difficulty EVERY MMO needs to keep subs active, but it isn't the terribad headache it currently is. Tbh, I'm willing to bet it's somehow worse now for some people with no competition. At least when I was doing mine the competition gave me a reason to actually TRY to be there in time for spawns, it gave me a drive that eventually won me my Ochain. With no competition, I could just do it whenever I want, which tends to cause me to put things off longer and longer...
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    There is a system in place where you can Upgrade T1 >T2 1st time, every time. Just because you haven't figured it out and want all the answers spoon-fed to you doesn't mean there is an issue with it.
    I bet your dad's uncle's cousin's nephew who works at SE told you that, right?

Just realized this is the same thread from a while back with some guy claiming he got 75 souls in 24 hours. What is it about this thread that's attracting all the people with outlandish claims with zero proof?
    (4)
    Last edited by Fynlar; 10-25-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast