Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SqEnisfilledwithgeniuses View Post
    Nevermind! I finally figured out what's challenging about these trials. The challenge come from competing against the WHM, who has no "Enhances Movement Speed" equipment on, and uses no items, yet still runs at Flee speeds to beat you to popping by a matter of seconds. I'm sorry SE, I was wrong. I've seen the light. There is obviously no issue with the system here. Let's just go ahead and leave it as is.
    Do your part and report them for fleehacking:
    https://support.na.square-enix.com/f...id=20&la=1&p=0

The STF responds a bit slow (don't expect the fleehackers to go poof for about a month), but I have personally seen 2 such fleehackers camping abyssites on Fenrir. They haven't been online for about 2 months now.
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Nevermind! I finally figured out what's challenging about these trials. The challenge come from competing against the WHM, who has no "Enhances Movement Speed" equipment on, and uses no items, yet still runs at Flee speeds to beat you to popping by a matter of seconds.
    Just saying, in Abyssea I often use WHM/THF.
    (0)

3. 06-15-2013 03:33 PM
    Reason
    Might as well not even bother. The chimps aren't listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We understand that the system is difficult but the rewards such as Ochain and Daurdabla are on an equal level. In a previous version update, we did increase the rate at which Abyssite upgrades and there are no further plans to adjust this system.
    Off topic I know, but would it be possible to add a Dislike option to the forums? It might come in handy when certain people give cut/paste answers.

Also off topic. My favorite tool is a shield. They mindlessly defend whoever paid to hide behind them.
    (3)

5. 06-17-2013 04:46 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Do your part and report them for fleehacking:
    https://support.na.square-enix.com/f...id=20&la=1&p=0

The STF responds a bit slow (don't expect the fleehackers to go poof for about a month), but I have personally seen 2 such fleehackers camping abyssites on Fenrir. They haven't been online for about 2 months now.
    That does not sound very helpful when they get a 1-3 day ban for it yet still have the harp/shield.
    (1)

Character
    Alistaire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We understand that the system is difficult but the rewards such as Ochain and Daurdabla are on an equal level. In a previous version update, we did increase the rate at which Abyssite upgrades and there are no further plans to adjust this system.
    Could you at least put it back to the way it was before?

The update you made, which was to increase how fast a tier 1 upgrades, only served to cause more of a bottleneck where alleviation was needed the most.
    (2)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Went 1/9 on Koios. Typical number is around 6. That's 1 hour of just waiting on repops minimum. Then I popped Brulo with a thief in the group. Fought it, beat it, 1 soul dropped. So taking out any fight times, and assuming titan pops every 10 minutes, worst case scenario (including single soul drops) is 75 hours to gather souls if there is no competition. I did all my Briareus and Sobeks in a single weekend for my lolKannagi. I'm sorry, but SE's "deal with it brah" mentality doesn't impress me. A brain damaged chimp slamming its face into a keyboard could have come up with a better system than this. And to all the others who threw in the "Well other people have to camp notorious monsters and they are haaaaarrrrd!" I know from experience, you can walk on out to these NMs, and afk in a group while other people get the kills. Letting a JP player kill the NM for you 3 times while you take a nap is pretty hard work after all.
    This is not true I have seen people farm 75 souls in a 2 day period with 12 hour shifts.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    This is not true I have seen people farm 75 souls in a 2 day period with 12 hour shifts.
    worst case scenario (including single soul drops)

Because reading comprehension is hard!

If you're going to take the time to necro a thread, you should read the full post you're replying to before arbitrarily quoting it and telling me I'm wrong.

As it is luck based, it's possible to get 75 souls in 24 hours playtime. On the other hand, it's also likely you can go a whole 12 hour period without a single upgrade.

And besides, you're wrong because I saw this one guy do a thing one time in a place that is completely different than what you said.
    (4)

Character
    Danial
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    ya I don't know why you guys bother, SE doesn't want our money XD just let it die!
    (2)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    worst case scenario (including single soul drops)

Because reading comprehension is hard!

If you're going to take the time to necro a thread, you should read the full post you're replying to before arbitrarily quoting it and telling me I'm wrong.

As it is luck based, it's possible to get 75 souls in 24 hours playtime. On the other hand, it's also likely you can go a whole 12 hour period without a single upgrade.

And besides, you're wrong because I saw this one guy do a thing one time in a place that is completely different than what you said.
    Honestly that's not likely at all.
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd actually say it's about as likely as getting 75 souls in 24 hours

The only reasonable way I see that happening is by shouting to buy pops in town, and actually offering enough gil such that people will bite
    (2)

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast