Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

How to make gil.

I'm looking for advice to make gil. I came back to the game after the new expansion. Before I left I made my money with Chocobo Blinkers and armor sets. Now SE has changed them and they are no longer possible. I'm looking to expand how I make gil other then farming Beehive Chips and fishing.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    -Dynamis (farm currency)
    -Voidwatch (run the NMs that drop heavy metal sacks and sell the heavy metal)
    -Slavage (farm alexandrite)
    -Farm Abyssea-Konschtat (Get ~100 amber light, hunt for Dark Rings and other NPCable items. Dark rings NPC for 33-34k each, and you might find one that's useful (-5% magic and physical damage if you're really lucky). This one's spotty, sometimes you can get a lot, sometimes you don't get much, but it's also the only one of these four things that actually produces gil, rather than just relocates it.
    (2)

Character
    Antanias
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The ones that drop Riftdross and Riftcinder aren't a bad choice either
    (0)
    "Tonight on the Vana'diel Report, a poor innocent player lost a valuable 10-15 seconds of their lives by reading Antanias's signature."

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    -Dynamis (farm currency)
    -Slavage (farm alexandrite)

-Farm Abyssea-Konschtat (Get ~100 amber light, hunt for Dark Rings and other NPCable items. Dark rings NPC for 33-34k each, and you might find one that's useful (-5% magic and physical damage if you're really lucky). This one's spotty, sometimes you can get a lot, sometimes you don't get much, but it's also the only one of these four things that actually produces gil, rather than just relocates it.
    I've underlined the ones whose prices are dropping rapidly on my server. The best way to make gil at the moment is to do Delve, get Plasm, and use Plasm to buy Airlixirs:
    http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Delve#Airlixirs

You can get 5000 Plasm per run in a pretty normal group, which translates to 1mil every hour minutes at 100k per NQ Airlixir. I rounded up to an hour (from 45 minutes) because of entry delays. At the moment, this is the best way to make gil by far. However, the only things worth buying right now are also Plasm-based. Really, Delve is just the only event worth doing right now whether you convert your Plasm to gil or not.
    (2)

Player
    How do you participate in delve? The only job I have at 99 is Red Mage.
    (0)

Delve is like the new dynamis, if you join a farm run get about 5k a run sell airlixar you make about 1m gil per 45 min run.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Delve is like the new dynamis, if you join a farm run get about 5k a run sell airlixar you make about 1m gil per 45 min run.
    Okay. I think I've seen shouts for them. So I just join one of those groups?
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    If they will take you, yeah. The monsters are typically pretty hard. Remember to avoid aggroing/touching the NMs if you're on a farming run.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    how big groups we talking 18 people alliances?
    (0)
    Last edited by svengalis; 05-07-2013 at 05:47 AM.
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It's per person, and the alliances are typically 18 people. The reward you get (50 Plasm per kill) does not scale with alliance size. I did a few runs yesterday where we killed ~125 monsters (6250 Plasm = 1.25mil)
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast