Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Suggestions for new battle content to upgrade R/E/M Weapons.

Just suggestions that my father and I had been discussing yesterday on how we could upgrade R/E/M. If it is decided to allow us to upgrade them in any other way but Magian Trials.

Relics

New Dynamis area - Castle Zvahl Baileys (Dynamis - Zvahl)

It would be like old school dynamis. All monsters are true sight and sound, and be similar to Dynamis Tavnazia, where only eighteen players can enter, as long as they have cleared Dynamis-Xarcabard. If it would be too difficult to create an area like the old Dynamis, then having the area act like the Neo-Dynamis zones (Where you can Sneak/Invisible) where anyone can join once a day, would also be welcome.

Drops:
    -Dynamis Currency
    -New Forgotten (Could be renamed) items to upgrade Afv2+2 to Afv2+3. **
    **Afv2+3 would automatically get the augment from Afv2+2 and increased stats, and may only be upgraded by doing the trial for that augment (and collecting enough of the new item) to upgrade, or possibly require double/triple the amount of the new item to automatically upgrade Afv2+2 to +3.
    -New item that need to be collected in order to upgrade Relic 99s. (Will add a severe damage boost augment at the very least.) Will be Exclusive, and may require a decent amount of them.
    - Difficult NM that drop a new item (similar to paper/fragment) that may also be needed to add augment(s).
    - Possibly, new JSE equipment for other slots (Rings, Earrings etc.)

Of course it would be the most difficult area, and scaled to groups that have acquired the higher level weapons from Seekers of Adoulin (Delve).

Mythics
    As Mythics are notoriously much more difficult to obtain, they could introduce a much easier system. Just some ideas:

- Make Neo Salvage bosses drop specific items that need to be collected. Encouraging more Neo Salvage and not having to create new content.

- Create a new BCNM type battlefield that can be done once a week, drops new equipment, but most importantly drops an item 100% (that you may need multiples of) that would be used to augment the Mythic. Certain conditions could be put in place to encourage players to Rank up more in Aht Urhgan/Do more Salvage/Do more Assaults etc.

Empyrean

-Introduce a new Abyssea zone, where Afv3+2 can be upgraded to +3, while also having NM that give items needed to upgrade 99s with a new damage augment.

-Make a second fight in Abyssea Empyreal Paradox, like an Arch Shinryu, a six man battlefield where temp items are not allowed, and make it an exceptional challenge that cannot be repeated over and over.

All

Alternatively a new battle ground that covers all three in one could be introduced, like a new area of Provenance (The most neutral place I can think of, and encourages players to clear VW) where you can go in and do content on the level of Delve that will help players to augment their 99s.

What do you think?
    (0)
    Last edited by Kylos; 05-06-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Character
    Aarahs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'd say make a quest requiring a lvl99 relic, emp, mythic, and delve(?) of the appropriate job (basing off job mythic weapon class). The quest would take them and merge them into a new ultimate with all the stats of the individual weapons. This could work for the newer jobs too since you wouldn't need to equip the relic to "transmute" it either, just get it to 99.
    (0)

I don't like the idea of any merging simply because the Relic and Mythic weapons have story significance. I do like the ideas brought up by the OP however. I've also thought that if they're looking at retooling RME weapons maybe they could find some ways to make the staves not suck
    (1)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    No I don't like the merging idea. Each weapon is made in different parts of the game, and have different difficulties, and it wouldn't be right to lose either ultimate weapons and convert it into one. The new weapon would have to be so ridiculously overpowered that you could destroy anything in Abyssea with one weaponskill for it to be even worth doing.

Thanks Shadotter for liking our ideas I hope others like them, and can maybe add some more details to them.

Also, elaborating more on your remark regarding staves, these quests could give unique damage boosts to the R/M/E weapons and boost specific "weak" weapons (Redemption, Claustrum, Vajra etc.) that people never build, so that players may be more inclined to build them.

The way I see it, why keep such weapons in the game if they are completely useless and never made? They are meant to be "Ultimate" weapons, not second rate.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kylos; 05-07-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They're not making new zones for this.
    (0)

Character
    Macross
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Uh, should be kill a delve boss, buy item for 250k bayld. Turn into inventor npc, done.
    You are crazy if you think they will make some easy trial to upgrade REMS that match the best weapons in the game, without having to kill the hardest mobs in the game as well.
    (0)