Thread: Make CHR useful

Character
    Dethard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Make CHR useful

Seeing how the direction of BST is going more towards jug pets rather than charm, the CHR on our equipment is a wasted stat.

How about they make it so that CHR affects the strength or level of the called pet, at least then it would be of some benefit.
    (1)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Chr boosts primal rend which helps us farm gold chests, so I wouldn't say it is completely wasted.
    (1)

Character
    Caesaris
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    So the one Stat that BST excels in, can only be useful for one Mythic Weaponskill, and only in one set of zones (Abyssea).

I feel bad for those of us like me who built a killer CHR build for charming and killing NM's and HNM's, only to be thrust into the mindless world of Abyssea and see that build get wasted. My Osode, Useless, Apollo's Staff, useles... my AF+1 feet and legs... useless. I sold off my CHR rings, my melody +1's, and i haven't touched Tuna Sushi in over a year (jonesin).

PLD loses his tank job, DRK is a B-list DD, PUP has been all but forgotten about, and BST has a main attribute that is damn near useless.

I give it a year before we all have +2 gear and weapons and quit this game completely.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    First off, the Osode was already useless towards Charming/Rend. Twilight Mail has a higher CHR on it. The AF/AF+1 legs are also good for a Killer Effects set with Ferine Guasape +1/2. Apollo's Staff works on other jobs. Really you didn't lose as much as you think you have.

However, I do agree that the CHR on our stuff has become mostly pointless. Charm outside of Abyssea? Nothing is strong enough to warrant it, and a jug pet will do superior damage. Charm in Abyssea? Doesn't work. Primal Rend is okay inside Abyssea for amber lights, Rampage is better in all other situations. The only thing I really bother with CHR for is Waltzes, as I often go BST/DNC. It's the only thing I can do aside from charming aggro while running around outside Abyssea. ~_~

With Voidwatch v2 coming up next as well, I'm not seeing any further improvement. We can't charm pets while under Confrontation. So why bother? :|
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Player
    It would be cool if Charisma provided a small bonus to killer effects (this would affect all jobs with Killer effects, but mostly BeastMaster), and a large bonus to Feral Howl accuracy (making Feral Howl something other than a proc in Voidwatch).
    (1)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    First off, the Osode was already useless towards Charming/Rend. Twilight Mail has a higher CHR on it. The AF/AF+1 legs are also good for a Killer Effects set with Ferine Guasape +1/2. Apollo's Staff works on other jobs. Really you didn't lose as much as you think you have.
    You missed the point, going into abby those items weren't useless at all. They are now of course if you happen to have access to Twilight gear, but that's a no-brainer.
    (0)

Character
    Caesaris
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    You missed the point, going into abby those items weren't useless at all. They are now of course if you happen to have access to Twilight gear, but that's a no-brainer.
    Exactly.

I'm so sick of the geeks that think that you have to either have the BEST gear, or your gear sucks. Does Osode suck? No. Does it suck compared to Twilight Mail? Yes. I guess Joytoy is useless now, too. Anything pre-abyssea would be considered useless by that nerd type of standard.

I worked HARD for my Osode... had to talk a HNMLS into letting me join 5yrs ago even though BST was my only 75 job. I spent many days and weeks helping others get an Osode while i patiently waited my turn. Apollo's staff is useful by other jobs... lol... not MY jobs (BST BLU BLM PLD PUP DRK NIN). I only use it now when i'm BLM and have to help heal a tank or whatever. Otherwise, the lack of a need to charm has rendered it useless. But if you see the +20 hp i get out of a Cure III as a viable tradeoff for the hundreds of thousands of gil i payed for it years ago... we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I lost a lot. It took me up until a few months ago to even begin unloading most of my CHR gear to the AH. Rings, earrings... sold. AF+1 that i slaved over getting, pretty much useless.

i agree with the person who said CHR should be used to determine the effectiveness of killer traits. As a BST, i'd expect for animals to respect and fear us more than any other job in this game. Killer Effects 2 would be nice to see as a 99 BST just to make us stand out in that regard.
    (1)

Character
    Alexisjade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    there should use chr to boost the effectiveness of the killer traits.
    (0)
    You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't

Character
    Linkzell
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 90

To all players who consider BST a Main Job...

OK. I'm Linkzell, BST from Ifrit, now on Odin. Ive been a 75+ BST sense 10/25/2007. Here is what you need to know about BST in 2011:

Charmed pets are out, Call pets are in.

Lets take a look at this statement:

BST, pre Lv76+ Was all about the solo aspect. We could go places, do things, and accomplish what other jobs only had wet dreams about. You would walk in with your A+ CHR set, charm the baddest S.O.B in the area and rape face. Haha, we win.

Parties do not like BSTs. Pets cut exp., it was a hassle, and if you could not preform well in Skill chains, what good where you?

BST evolved. Pets no longer cut exp. we got some half decent Call pets(R.I.P.C.Carrie) parties liked us. As time went on, BST partys charming crawlers in Mt. Z was the next big thing. But this wasn't enough. BST wanted to be just as accepted as everyone else.

When Scars was introduced. We got Lv80, new abilities, and call pets. If you gave anyone, who has never played FFXI, or BST a C.Carrie and... lets say: Dipper, Lulush, or nazuna, they would tell you to should Carrie where the sun don't shine.

BSTs wanted to be able to pick the ability that was used when you Sic a pet. Ready was born.

Hehe, and lets face it, Sic < Ready and day.

Gear:

Most of us paid 600k+ for Monster signa, 500K+ for Apollo's, and so on to get the most rockin CHR set out there. And it was worth it!

Take Sky, wana charm a flamingo? IDK if that will help you on the new VW monster, you might get laughed at...heheh...

You cant charm in Abbysa, deal with it. So, lets look at what BST used to carry:

High CHR set for Charm
    TP/WS Set for Rampage(witch we sucked at)

Thats it folks.

New times for BST:

Lets forget for a min that you can charm, and all you have are call pets. What is a BST to do?! You mean I have to spend gil to operate?! Yes! But, that shouldent be an issue.

If BST is a main job, you should have the following:

Cooking: At Lv. 60 or higher. 60 is Fine.
    If you take 1 Dipper. You can go to LoO or Zitah and farm Kitty kats for 2 hours. This nets me around 6-12 stacks of Kat meat. Another Dipper in CN, 6-12 stacks of Liz. eggs. Go to NPC and buy flour and water. That will net you 24-48 Stacks of Pet food Zeta (Reward: HP Recovered @ 900 + 3*(MND-45)) You just saved 480k-960k gil making your own Pet food(Odin prices, with btw is the most expensive server atm). Not to mention your pets last a lot longer then normal.

For less then 5k/4 stacks, you can make Nazuna, witch can be used as a throw away pet.

Make your own food. Thats a +

So lets look at gear:

We have a CHR set and Tp/WS set.

WE should be rocking 3 sets now:

Pet Set.
    Reward Set.
    WS Set.

Get some pet -pdt axes, get the regain axe, ACP, MKT, SA gear and mod it for BST.
    use that Osode for MND and STR, not CHR. Get more MND gear... the list goes on.

What im trying to say is... whens the last time you used Gauge?! Why should Charm be any different. Go with the flow~ Enjoy your awesomeness.
    (0)
    Sneak oils and Prism powders are like condoms...
    ...its better to have them and not need them,
    ...then to need them and get aggro by (Diseased).

Character
    Linkzell
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 90
    Ohh, and if you still wana charm, Get out of Abbysa, and go charm the new new high lvl monster they added for GoV. you will have a hoot. Bet you go back to call pets~
    (0)
    Sneak oils and Prism powders are like condoms...
    ...its better to have them and not need them,
    ...then to need them and get aggro by (Diseased).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast