Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Character
    Gailen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 78
    I also think you guys might be missing the point. The problem with charmable mobs is that, due to game mechanics, other jobs are better BSTs than BSTs at high levels. RDMs, BLMs, NINs, DNCs, even CORs that solo things in Abyssea could go /BST and throw charmed pets at NMs to supplement damage. They'd be more effective than BST mains due to the other tools at their disposal. As it stands, jug pets make BSTs unique.
    They still have to level their Beastmaster to cap (not just to 45) in order to make full use of the subjob, so I think that balances out. Anyone who has gone through 90 levels on beastmaster and then goes RDM/BST or DNC/BST is still a beastmaster in my mind.

With the addition of strong jugpets, though, that's a moot point. A charmed mob is strong, but the new Jugpets are nearly as strong, and the BST has greater control over it's behavior than a /Bst with a charmed pet. All in all, I think it balances out. Beastmaster is one of the few jobs I think they got right when it comes to subjob use, at least before Abyssea came around.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing some weaker jugpets that were All Jobs equipable..
    (0)
    Last edited by GailC; 09-12-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Player
    Honestly... If we explore we can find charm camps... I mean I have seen a bunch of DC-VT mobs at 90 and lots of charmable mobs near them. And I always carry my Charm gear in my satchel for those days when I do feel like going out for a good ole charm fest. But honestly I do love the new jug pets.
    (0)

Character
    Kvana
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    why would we want to charm agan anyways? we dont need to solo exp no more, nor we need charmable pets to solo NMs, were all good now that we got strong pets that we can control 100%. Unlike charmed pets you cant even choose what tp move you want it to make, i love bst as it is, only thing we want is TP transfer from pet to master (Self killchain all the time baby)
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Kvana View Post
    I don't want to charm again. I don't need to solo exp anymore, nor do I need charmable pets to solo NMs. I am all good, now that I have strong pets that I can control 100%, unlike charmed pets, which don't even allow me to choose my pets TP move. I love bst as it is. The only thing I want for my bst is an abilty that allows me to transfer TP from pet to master (Self killchain all the time baby).
    The easiest way to spot when someone just jumps into a thread without reading the previous posts is when all the questions they ask have already been answered.

I took the liberty of changing your questions to statements and cleaning up your grammar a bit so your post could be a coherent contribution to the topic.
    (1)
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 10-13-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Character
    Kvana
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    The easiest way to spot when someone just jumps into a thread without reading the previous posts is when all the questions they ask have already been answered.

I took the liberty of changing your questions to statements and cleaning up your grammar a bit so your post could be a coherent contribution to the topic.
    You couldnt be more right about every word you said
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    Yet another case of simply ignoring/belittling someone who dissagrees with what you are saying instead of defending your standpoitn against it. If you want to charm something so badly, go book burn.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Yet another case of simply ignoring/belittling someone who dissagrees with what you are saying instead of defending your standpoitn against it. If you want to charm something so badly, go book burn.
    Why would i take the time to translate his post into a clear statement directly in opposition to my viewpoint, if i was just ignoring him?

What does book burning have to do with charm?

Why would i defend my points against his post? He did not make any new points. They were old points that i have already defended against.

Also, you either do not know the definition of belittle, or you do not understand the definition of belittle, or enough people have misunderstood the word causing its meaning to change. Pointing out someones shortcomings is not belittling them. If is saw you trip and i said "you suck at walking." I am not belittling you. I am just describing your general inability to put one foot in front of the other.

Belittling is when you take someones great accomplishment and you diminish that accomplishment. Here is an example of belittling. Tommy comes home and shows his mother his report card. "Look mom! I got all A+'s except for one B+ " To which Tommy's mom replies, "Your Sister made all A+'s and has been accepted to Yale." Which leaves Tommy with nothing to say but, ""

So anyway, congratulations on misreading, misunderstanding, and mislabeling the situation, yet again.
    (1)
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 10-13-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8