Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Beastmaster: Will I ever charm again?

Beastmaster is a fantastic job! I love the design. thank you very much for the improvements in the new Jug pets as well.....

However I must ask: Will I ever charm again? Will there every be meaningful mobs to charm and use in combat? It feels like there is a huge divide between what the job was for levels 1~75 and what it is now 75+.

there are so many mobs that really feel like they should be charm-able, such as bugards, buffalo, Roc... There are even NM or NPC Beastmaster who have these pets.
    (5)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

There are job threads...... :/
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    job threads are not suggestion threads.
    (1)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

This section is for site feedback
    (1)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The purpose of this forum is for players to submit feedback and suggestions on FINAL FANTASY XI, the FINAL FANTASY XI Official Website, the FINAL FANTASY XI Forum and other official websites concerning FINAL FANTASY XI. In order for us to be able to offer a better service, we would like to hear your opinions.
    Read. Don't just skim I saw this exact argument in another thread earlier.
    (2)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    This section is for site feedback
    Wrong.
    (1)

Character
    Jerritt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 23
    I agree with Xilk, they say that it is feedback for multiple services. Not just the site.
    (0)

Oh dear me
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've been rolling this one over in my head a lot the last several months as well. Basically, we've got this abundance of CHR on the emp armor that we don't actually have a use for. We can't charm the stuff inside Abyssea, and if we've got the armor clearly have the add-ons and don't have any reason to be fighting or charming the welfare exp mobs that were added for the Abyssea-less. I'd like to think this points, in a roundabout way, to some major new content as-yet unknown to the player base. I'd love to see another full expansion, since there's still so much of the game world we hear about but have never seen.

Oh, as for charming greater mobs, they did address that years ago in some dev comment or another. This is a very rough paraphrasing, but... The early beta versions allowed it, but the problem ended up being that greater mobs in general are a lot stronger for their level than the smaller critters, have nastier TP moves, etc. They didn't want to weaken the rocs and morbols and whatnot, so they just made them uncharmable instead. Wouldn't mind getting a jug for mini versions of some of them, though, and they could ramp back the stats as well as cut out some of the stronger TP stuff as needed.
    (0)
    Last edited by Limecat; 03-09-2011 at 03:37 AM.

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    You guys need to understand what your reading. The post was moved to the appropriate section so thus the section you were posting was for Site Feedback only.

As for mobs that can be Charmed.

If people leave Abyssea for awhile they'll notice there are DC/EM/T mobs for level 90 BST in all kinds of areas. Tav Safehold, Mount Z, Sky, etc

I soloed from 1-90 on BST outside of Abyssea and there are plenty of charm-able mobs based on the appropriate zone.
    (1)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

reserved for useless space filler

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast