Character
    Craptaculous
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Geo/Indi Potency Nerfs of April 29, 2013 update

I can't be the only one to have noticed, but they nerfed more than they said they were:
    Geomancer
    The potency of geomancy spells that increase and reduce accuracy, magic accuracy, evasion, and magic evasion have been adjusted.
    It turns out Regen, Regen, Barrier and Fury were also nerfed.

at 296 Geomancy and 298 Handbell:
    regen aura before April 29th was 27/tic, it's now 13/tic
    refresh aura before April 29th was 4/tic, now is 3/tic
    def+ aura before April 29th was ~12%, now is ~9%
    atk+ aura before April 29th was ~10%, now is ~6%

I have reported this in the Bugs section*, just was wondering if anyone else noticed other aura potencies that were not mentioned to have been nerfed?

*http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/33140-Some-Geomancer-Spells-%28regen-refresh-etc%29-less-potent-than-before-April-29-Update
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I had read your bug report and went to try it out. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I can't confirm it, at least for Regen or Refresh. At level 99, /RDM with 296 Geomancy and 295 handbell (8 points of each are merits), I get:

29/tic Indi-Regen and Geo-Regen
    4/tic Indi-Refresh and Geo-Refresh

I tested in Abyssea (no atma, naked except bell) and similarly in Ceizak. I did put the merits in right away before doing anything else on GEO on update day. Maybe they "stabilized" my spells
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I didn't notice any nerf.

At 383 Geomancy and 382 Handbell (yes I'm nearly capped with full merits) I saw no difference. Still getting 30 hp/tic regen, 5 mp/tic refresh, and instead of +20 STR (Indi/Geo-STR) I'm now getting +21 STR.

Working as intended! (as SE would so eloquently put it)
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siviard View Post
    I didn't notice any nerf.
    Not sure about the OP's issues but the ACC and Evasion Down spells changed from a percentage based buff/debuff to a fixed number. At capped skill 6.125%~ to a straight 41 ACC/Evasion Down (testing on BG). The ACC bonus is for the most part a buff. The Evasion Down being changed however is a nerf when you consider the new Delve NMs have a large amount of Evasion and get crazy Evasion once raged.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zagen; 05-05-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Not sure about the OP's issues but the ACC and Evasion Down spells changed from a percentage based buff/debuff to a fixed number. At capped skill 6.125%~ to a straight 41 ACC/Evasion Down (testing on BG). The ACC bonus is for the most part a buff. The Evasion Down being changed however is a nerf when you consider the new Delve NMs have a large amount of Evasion and get crazy Evasion once raged.
    This is most accurate
    (0)