Player

why bother with clubs on GEO SE?

im so confused when it comes to SE and designing jobs. weird choices like PUP having the highest throwing skill. My confusion with geo is that they have the highest club skill along with whm and in the artwork they are using clubs, yet they are excluded from so many of them that only WHM or PLD. They constantly get shuffled to the staffs (likely for the Macc/Mattack types stuff, so why did they bother giving them such high club skill.

Skirmish they are on staff not club, they are on no relics or any others, not even on the new delve super weapons (the ones off the big bosses, they are WHM/PLD only) and once again they are on way more staves. Its a job that needs a lot of INT/offensive magic skill and their prime weapon is one that requires mind.

can someone explain to me why this is? or is this just more poorly thought out SE logic?
    (2)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    That is just a weapons category thing. I do believe you will be hard pressed to find any mace-type clubs with GEO but they are on numerous hammers, clubs, and wands. Relics are normal. Though as with any mage, we are forced to put aside our clubs for the more nuker-friendly staves.

As for the MND trait, you have a very good point. All of the Club WS have a MND and/or STR mod, but to our knowledge, GEO spells run off INT (if that, Indi/geo seems to be just skill based.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Player
    Since they are designed as basically half BLM with aoe buffs, you end up focusing on INT. They even put you on stuff like the skirmish staff and whatnot which makes you think, why wasnt this a staff job? Im just confused as to why they said "hey you get whm skill level and hexastrike, all your art has you using clubs, yet your not on some of the top tier ones, like how they are confusingly left off the skirmish one and some others here and there.

i think goe/indi are purely skill based it seems.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by leorez View Post
    Since they are designed as basically half BLM with aoe buffs, you end up focusing on INT. They even put you on stuff like the skirmish staff and whatnot which makes you think, why wasnt this a staff job? Im just confused as to why they said "hey you get whm skill level and hexastrike, all your art has you using clubs, yet your not on some of the top tier ones, like how they are confusingly left off the skirmish one and some others here and there.

i think goe/indi are purely skill based it seems.
    Again, it isn't that it was "left off" but that it wasn't intended to begin with. It is like Blue Mage can't use Rapier type swords, GEOs can't use Mace type clubs.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!