Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

<Help me out!> COR

I figured i might get more attention from the dev's or someone who might be able to change something here rather than at other 3rd party forums. I want to address some problems that i see with the Corsair job and some possible solutions. Those of you who have something constructive to add to the post please do so.

Dice
    Every COR's if using their job to its fullest should be throwing out Phantom Rolls at every twist and turn of their PT. Healer's Roll for mages recovering after a tough fight, Chaos Roll for monsters that have their defenses raised, etc.

However obtaining these dice as always been quite bland... In order to get any dice beyond the initial Corsair Dice you must purchase them from 1 of 2 NPCs in the Aht Urghan Areas. I mean I'm all for easier alternatives to obtaining rare items but this is the ONLY way to get Corsair Dice.

I did a quick number crunch and it turns out a Corsair (negating the Corsair Dice you get from completing the job quest) will have to payout, over time, 752,101 gil.

So solutions to this problem.
    1. You could make monsters in areas drop Dice, where the price might fall a bit. or at least COR's could go farm them.

2. Make a really long quest line that have dice as rewards. You could even tie it into the COR storyline. But at this point going back and working in another storyline might be a costly endeavor.

Bullets
    As most seasoned COR's know bullets are the lifeblood of the job. We Pull Monsters using them, we weaponskill using them and some of us even shoot for damage with them. So why does SE hate us so much?

Back before Campaign Unions and the Chests Steel Bullet Pouch stacks were rare if not impossible to find in stacks on the Auction House, forcing COR's to use less useful Iron bullets (Lv50) or even regular Bullets (Lv22).

With the level increase COR's bullets have increased in level from Steel Bullets (Lv66) to Oberon's Bullets (Lv80). These new bullets are become even more of a problem then the previous bullets. The Formula for Oberon Gold Ingots used to make the bullets are 3 parts Gold Ore and 1 Part Fools Gold Ore. Corsairs are basically FORCED to shoot gold at monsters...

On top of this the Fool's Gold Ore is only obtained via Campaign Unions which the player base has moved away from since Abyssea's release due to the insane EXP abyssea offers.

While i understand that SE cant predict what the playerbase will do as a whole... there could be some alterations made to COR to make it more viable.

One Solution as i see it, is to make a vendor and have him sell bullets (or bullet pouches).
    BulletMan
    Bronze Bullet Pouch - 100g
    Tin Bullet Pouch - 200g
    Copper Bullet Pouch - 300g
    Bullet Pouch - 400g
    Iron Bullet Pouch - 1000g
    Silver Bullet Pouch - 1000g
    Steel Bullet Pouch - 3000g
    Dweomer Bullet Pouch - 5000g
    Oberon's Bullet Pouch - 5000g
    The issue you run into with doing this is crafting takes another HEAVY blow due to the fact that this NPC basically sets the price of bullets and what they can be sold for without overcharging the Marksmen.

Another solution is to make the ingrediants that are used to craft bullets easier to obtain. Add Firesand to Bombs as a drop, add ore/ingots as a drop to other monsters, etc.
    This solution still leaves the players with some decision making as to the prices and the demand of items.

Add the Pouches to Chests in abyssea. Make it so they drop from Gold/Amber Chests at a certain teir making it possible for people to work towards collecting a set of bullets. This is a somewhat similar solution to what you used in Campaign Unions but instead its in abyssea.

Skills
    Corsair, a job who's signature weapon is a Hexagun, has more Dagger and Parrying skill than it does with its Gun. While i assume this is a balance issue to make Ranger still the Top Notch ranged job it does seem rather silly.

1. Dont lower our Dagger skill, this is just something i observed. Its not really an issue.
    (1)

Character
    Ethalio
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    That's the reason why I stopped lvling COR (59 atm). Bullets and dice are too expensive for me; I don't see the point in leveling a Job, who just consumes my hardly earned gil.

- the idea of dice dropping off from monsters sounds really nice; most BLM spells, WHM spells, BRD songs drop from monsters even in Abyssea, but COR is forced to buy his dice for thousands of gil.
    (0)

Character
    Niniann
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Another idea could be give COR a 'tool-expertise' type trait. I'm not sure how much that would actually help though. I do agree though, COR is awfully expensive.
    (0)

main problem with corsair is the fact it relies on crafters to be able to use its main weapon outside of quickdraw. And lets face it, Crafters are not the most corsair friendly people in Vanadiel. NPC Bullets please. (not just the 22 ones all of them)
    (0)

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Dream: Silver bullet for COR, very easy to make, cheap, and powerful.
    (1)

I'll agree that bullets are the most annoying thing about this job. I'd love to actually see a stack of Oberon's bullets on the AH, and by a stack I don't mean bullet pouches... Then again, I'd probably not be able to afford it as the price on steel bullets has rocketed since I last looked (about 6 months ago, yay for stocking up on many, many stacks of pouches >_>).
    It's all well and good giving us 'Triple Shot' (which I love), but if we have to shoot a now "rarity" it just makes us pew pew even more gil...

PS: Cannonballs please. We are pirates after all >_>
    (1)

"Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in me, who believes in you!"

COR90/ BLM90/ SAM90

I've brought up the idea of the new dice dropping from monsters/chests in the Abyssea zones to my friends quite a few time. I get that we're a ToAU job, but does that really mean we have to keep going back to Nashmau?

Another idea could be give COR a 'tool-expertise' type trait. I'm not sure how much that would actually help though. I do agree though, COR is awfully expensive.
    There is a dagger that drops off the Tier III VNM in Abyssea-Grauberg that has this effect for cards. I'm personally hoping that if they do come out with group three merits maybe "card-expertise" will become one of the new abilities we can merit.
    (0)

Character
    Alobont
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Bullets arent even a factor any more really. In abyssea evisceration spam is much better then slug. Leaden salute and wildfire are also better then anything else also and those dont require high damage bullets.

Currently only steel is used for /ra and oberons are a QD macro. Grtting cheaper bullets isnt thag big a deal, though I do agree about dice.
    (0)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    COR's should be able to use more varieties of bullets, we are very limited and expensive job, I'm a lvl90 COR and i still keep using regular bullets as crafters seems not to worry on better bullets to sell at AH, second why we have that awful marksmanship rank? we should have at least an A- or B, we keep missing mobs even with full merits on Marksmanship and acc+ gear and skill capped....
    (0)

Player
    but some people dont want to evisceration spam and want to stay out of TP range for things like Meteor from Rani or Orthrus that uses Gates of Hades/Acheron Flame. Some ppl will dual weild a dagger and a joyuese, however not everyone wants to...

And what about those COR's who have earned Leaden Salute or Wildfire and choose to wield a Dark/Pluto Staff or a Fire/Vulcan Staff respectively. Should we just sit by and watch our Regain tick our TP up and watch our Quick Draw Timers reset?
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast