Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alobont
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    Yes. Sadly the best magian weapon for COR also happens to be the hardest to obtain. Other jobs get some pretty nice weapons outside of Empyreans. And look at RDM. No native staff skill but they get on all the MACC/MATT magian staves. COR has B+ Dagger skill and no magian daggers.

But I'm not overly fussed about magian weapons for COR. I'm more upset SE didn't put Xbows on for RNG.
    Cor has one the easiest empys to obtain what are you talking about? Carabosse is a joke to kill and farm pops for and the same for the fish.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alobont
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle
    Yes. Sadly the best magian weapon for COR also happens to be the hardest to obtain. Other jobs get some pretty nice weapons outside of Empyreans. And look at RDM. No native staff skill but they get on all the MACC/MATT magian staves. COR has B+ Dagger skill and no magian daggers.

But I'm not overly fussed about magian weapons for COR. I'm more upset SE didn't put Xbows on for RNG.
    Cor has one the easiest empys to obtain what are you talking about? Carabosse is a joke to kill and farm pops for and the same for the fish.
    Agreed. After having helped with Briareus, Carabosse, Glavoid, Chloris, Sobek, Cirein-Crion, Itzpapalotl, & Ulhuadshi stage 1/2 trials... Carabosse / Cirein-Crion Trials are the easiest of the bunch.

Glavoid and Chloris take 4 pop items to pop
    Itzpapalotl, Sobek, & Briareus take 3 pop items to pop
    Carabosse, Cirein-Crion, & Ulhuadshi take 2 pop items to pop

Both gun trials require NM's that need 2 pop items each making it the faster weapon to build. In addition...
    Carabosse Doesnt have AoE Doom, AoE Zombie Effect, it doesnt heal from phys damage while using TP moves (grrr, glavoid). It just has a bunch of rules to play by, most of which you can ignore at 90 with 3 atma anyway.

The Moth can be a pain from its Haste move if your shell doesnt dispel it. Ulhuadshi is another sandworm... nuf said. Sobek has an instant KO move, Dispite the fact its a low proc rate it still can mess up a low man pretty easily. but the fish has an AoE charm move, not that it matters any job with range could solo it over time.
    (0)

Character
    Chewzer
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alobont View Post
    Read the post that you quoted again. Mirabelle was comparing the difficulty of obtaining Armageddon in comparison to the other magian guns, not compared to other Empy weapons.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Militis View Post
    Technically Bombs and Djinns and Clusters already drop about one-third of Firesand. The recipe for making one's own Firesand, which is a lower level than actually using it to make bullets, involves [mob] Ash + Sulfur. So the problem with availability of making bullets is not the Firesand, it's with the ingots.

Also Firesand is a Very Common find when using the RNG ability Scavange.

And since when was COR an unpopular job? I seem to recall people looking for CORs specifically. Even today in Abyssea there are many people who still prefer to have a COR in their party than another full-fledged DD.

But in all seriousness, what really needs to be fixed on COR is also the main thing the everyone is agreeing with, not only for COR, but for RNG as well. The ammunition problem needs to be resolved.
    I was helping some friends with feet seals from the bomb in vunkerl. I asked them if i could lot the djinn ash and ended up with 2 stacks of it. I made 10 stacks of firesand from that, which was nice... the big issue is the time it takes. 24 synths for the firesand and then if i want bullets (which i have a horrible failure rate with for someone who has 66 alch) it's going to be another 80+ synths (seeing as I fail 3 out of 12 attempts) to make a stack of pouches plus the 24 synths to make the ingots. I know why crafters aren't making these... they don't sell as fast as they used to and it takes a TON of time to make them whereas you can find something else to make that's faster and sells better. It is concerning when you go through 2+ stacks of bullets a night though lol.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewzer
    Quote Originally Posted by Alobont
    Read the post that you quoted again. Mirabelle was comparing the difficulty of obtaining Armageddon in comparison to the other magian guns, not compared to other Empy weapons.
    Perhaps but thats the way it is for most Empy vs Magian weapons anyway... i fail to see this as an issue for COR
    (0)

Character
    Evilvivi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I really dont see a problem with COR.

A COR only really need to use bullets for Wildfire since otherwise Evisceration is better. If you make the option to shoot over meleeing, well, bite the bullet and pay the price, its your choice. I dont see the problem with bullet prices, if you dont like the price, dont buy them, they arent necessary to do good damage. All you really need is an oberon bullet for QD. AH prices is Capitalism at its finest, beautiful isnt it.

As for die prices, if you cant afford them, you should just quit COR right now gil is easy to make.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilvivi View Post
    I really dont see a problem with COR.

A COR only really need to use bullets for Wildfire since otherwise Evisceration is better. If you make the option to shoot over meleeing, well, bite the bullet and pay the price, its your choice. I dont see the problem with bullet prices, if you dont like the price, dont buy them, they arent necessary to do good damage. All you really need is an oberon bullet for QD. AH prices is Capitalism at its finest, beautiful isnt it.

As for die prices, if you cant afford them, you should just quit COR right now gil is easy to make.
    As you say COR pretty much only needs to use bullets for wildfire. I get smoldering sky, ultimate, and sea daughter and come /sam. Between meditate, quickdraw, and my atma I constantly have tp for wildfire. I go through 2+ stacks of bullets in about 4 hours. My ls does abyssea 4 times a week... sometimes more. I'm going through about a stack of pouches a week. I appreciate that I'm an extreme case (for a COR... a RNG would put my ammo usage to shame since they don't have to take downtime for rolls) but I don't see many CORs using evisceration at events... it's pretty much wildfire or leaden salute and that means bullets. The price is a bit on the high side but it's the rarity that really concerns me.
    (0)

Character
    Fetus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 57
    So, to summarize:

1) Add a variety of methods by which to acquire die.
    2) Increase the natural Marksmanship skill of COR.
    3) Amend the recipes of certain types of bullets.
    3a) Alternatively, add new recipes for new ammunition that uses plentiful synthesis materials.
    3b) Alternatively, add a NPC that retails numerous types of ammunition at affordable prices.
    4) Reduce the recharge time on Quick Draw or allow additional charges.

About right? Concise enough?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus
    4) Reduce the recharge time on Quick Draw or allow additional charges.
    I think with merits being able to bring it down to 50, and ACP body with the capabilities of bringing it down to 45, i think its low enough if your QD's are hitting for 1000-1200 in abyssea.
    (0)

Player
    The problem is mainly that you guys keep thinking cor is a pure dd its not a rng i am sry its a buff job that can do dmg. The rolls of this job is the main reason for the job not the new ws that only a few can get. They need to fix the rolls effect much before any thing like ammo cost and the dmg output for cor.
    (0)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast