Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I agree with dice cost honestly not making some die obtainable in abyssea was such a low ball by SE considering COR needs to pay for cards and bullet just to play the job (all the mages got there spells inside abyssea)

As for Bullets we should get synergy repices to make the 3-12 pouches
    3 X Ignot + 3 Fire sand + Leather = 3-12 X Bullet pouches this would make bullets alot more accessble and cheaper because people won't need to go to some nation to pouch em up.

The Oberon bullets are such a pain to make SE should make the ignot used to make them buyable i think that would solve alot of problems.

On the topic of COR not getting a good Magian weapon Wildfire is very strong and has a great tp mod ^^.
    (0)

On the topic of COR not getting a good Magian weapon Wildfire is very strong and has a great tp mod ^^.
    Yes. Sadly the best magian weapon for COR also happens to be the hardest to obtain. Other jobs get some pretty nice weapons outside of Empyreans. And look at RDM. No native staff skill but they get on all the MACC/MATT magian staves. COR has B+ Dagger skill and no magian daggers.

But I'm not overly fussed about magian weapons for COR. I'm more upset SE didn't put Xbows on for RNG.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Player
    I like to see cor buffs to be reworked right now atmas make all buff jobs pointless i mean one key item going to give you +50 str and 2 tp ever 3 sec how can any buff job compeat? But yes rng attk atm is very low end on top of being the highest cost in the game. Make slug or another rng ws able to crit. I like to see all ammo crafts 100 % 99 and just simply remove hq from ammo crafting.
    (0)

Character
    Tiarnia
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    die costs are NOT an issue ... have you ever bought all the BLM scrolls .... its 100 times as much cor is one of the cheaper jobs to buy "spells " for

bullets are expensive yes but you knew that when you picked the job
    oberons are well in supplie on my server your servers must be low on synthers maybe you should pick up the skill anyone lvling a craft now days HAS to have synergy now days all the crafetrers i know have it caped

the power of cor IS a issue as is the fat that the rolls are almost worthless in abyssea but the same is true of BRD almost worthless now

does anyone else remember when BRD and COR were NEEDED to do merrit partys ... those were great days for COR

QD DOES almost as much damage as some WS i seen sam use lately they can't really increase that much but /RA is not even worth using right now so how is it your all worried about bullet prices i have had the same stack of bullets for a month now lol QD everything and sence you have to get close for rolls anyhow usually end up meleing anyways
    now days cor is a ok lvl DD with a small boost ability on att or acc or 1 more mp/tick this needs fixed
    (0)

Player
    really? really? BLM spells can be obtained via other ways MOST of the time. with the exception of spells like Warp II Aspir Drain and Sleepga II, most all BLM spells can be farmed. The above mentioned can be quested as well. COR HAS TO BUY THEIR DICE FROM NPC'S. There are no other options. Its not our fault if you go around buying them all from NPC's or pay ridiculous Auction House Prices instead of getting them yourself.

And your right to that effect the fact that they are expensive really isnt the issue, its the fact we don't have a choice in the matter about how we can get them.

As for the Bullets EVEN IF your server has a decent supply of them (which to me would be 3-10 stacks of pouches on the AH at all times) its the fact that they restricted it to a recipe that requires you to use only gold ore and fool's gold ore. Both of which were NEVER in high supply.

My friend leveled Goldsmithing some time ago and would camp the AH for weeks waiting for gold ore to skill up. and to make it worse the Fool's Gold Ore is only dropped from Campaign ops a less than desirable event atm.

So the bullet issue is them bottlenecking the recipe with 2 items that were never that popular to begin with. Add that ontop of a currently unpopular job and in some cases (servers) the demand isn't high enough to provide a supply.
    (0)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    SE is letting COR behind T.T
    (0)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidus View Post
    really? really? BLM spells can be obtained via other ways MOST of the time. with the exception of spells like Warp II Aspir Drain and Sleepga II, most all BLM spells can be farmed. The above mentioned can be quested as well. COR HAS TO BUY THEIR DICE FROM NPC'S. There are no other options. Its not our fault if you go around buying them all from NPC's or pay ridiculous Auction House Prices instead of getting them yourself.
    Um... how about you go farm/quest BLM spells and use the proceeds to buy your dice then? Dice are not an issue. I'm not sure I agree that dice should be priced by level (Courser's Roll and Allies Roll should be cheaper because they are so highly situational), but I have no issue buying dice. Anything you can buy can be "farmed" by getting gil from some other means and investing it in the buyable item you want.

Ammo is certainly the problem today. Steel Bullets are rare enough on my server, and there haven't been any stacks/pouches of Oberons sold on my server in over 6 months. I understand S-E is reluctant to damage the potential crafting market, but crafters are NOT supplying ammo.

I'd be perfectly fine with NPCs selling ammo for a cost that is high enough that crafters could still make the stuff and sell it for a profit. But at least give me the opportunity to buy it. I was lucky enough to get a single Oberon's Bullet months ago, but I sure hope I don't accidentally shoot it because of a macro error, lag, or my own mistake. I'd be very happy to be able to buy a stack and be done with it.
    (0)

Character
    Thetruemonkey
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Technically Bombs and Djinns and Clusters already drop about one-third of Firesand. The recipe for making one's own Firesand, which is a lower level than actually using it to make bullets, involves [mob] Ash + Sulfur. So the problem with availability of making bullets is not the Firesand, it's with the ingots.

Also Firesand is a Very Common find when using the RNG ability Scavange.

And since when was COR an unpopular job? I seem to recall people looking for CORs specifically. Even today in Abyssea there are many people who still prefer to have a COR in their party than another full-fledged DD.

But in all seriousness, what really needs to be fixed on COR is also the main thing the everyone is agreeing with, not only for COR, but for RNG as well. The ammunition problem needs to be resolved.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Anza
    Um... how about you go farm/quest BLM spells and use the proceeds to buy your dice then? Dice are not an issue. I'm not sure I agree that dice should be priced by level (Courser's Roll and Allies Roll should be cheaper because they are so highly situational), but I have no issue buying dice. Anything you can buy can be "farmed" by getting gil from some other means and investing it in the buyable item you want
    Dice are an issue though. Why do the BLM, WHM, NIN, BRD, & RDM spells drop from gold chests but COR still has to go buy its dice...? Why did COR ever only have the option of buying dice? I could buy the whole set of dice several times over. But im thinking about the new player, who for some insane reason likes COR more than any other job at lv30. They are gonna have a hell of a time leveling COR and trying to buy dice, bullets, and cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Militis
    And since when was COR an unpopular job? I seem to recall people looking for CORs specifically. Even today in Abyssea there are many people who still prefer to have a COR in their party than another full-fledged DD.
    I have never in my abyssea LS or lowmanning things, had someone request me as Corsair as opposed to WHM MNK BLM or BRD.
    COR as a mainjob:
    1. Can't proc Yellow
    2. Can't Tank
    3. Can't Heal
    4. Can't even fully proc Blue Marksmanship (even though its signature weapon is a gun). Let alone fully proc any Blue weakness Weapon on its own.
    5. Can't proc any Red without Subjob (this isnt really an issue given our choices of subs)

In my abyssea LS COR is considered a Dead Weight Job because of this. Until i finish my stage 2 Armageddon i will continue to goto everything as WHM or MNK.
    (0)

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    They should move the npc in Al Zahbi that sells dice. Nowadays with the low success Besieged has, he's always kidnapped which makes new corsairs' life difficult.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast